Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mourinho - SACKED

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who will be the next United manager?

Any clues yet?

Love to see it go to Eddie Howe but has to be a very long shot.

Struggling to think beyond Zidane?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Didn't BFS say he could manage the biggest clubs in the world? ???

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I honestly think that defeat to us this season was the beginning of the end for Mourinho even if he hung on for a few months. The shite state of the United defence was laid bare for all to see and he bought most of those players.

Not sure where he goes from here. Sounds like United will get a caretaker in until the summer, which means they have given up on Champions League. They'll have to get a top manager and give him 3/4 windows to dismantle that team and build again.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow, didn't think they had the balls to do it. Surprised it's taken this long.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any clues yet?

Love to see it go to Eddie Howe but has to be a very long shot.

Struggling to think beyond Zidane?

Why has this been merged with the Mourinho sacked thread? “Who will be the next United manager” is a perfectly reasonable stand alone thread imo.

Overzealous modding?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Zeedan. From Corrie. Better than Maureenyo.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I honestly think that defeat to us this season was the beginning of the end for Mourinho even if he hung on for a few months. The shite state of the United defence was laid bare for all to see and he bought most of those players.

Not sure where he goes from here. Sounds like United will get a caretaker in until the summer, which means they have given up on Champions League. They'll have to get a top manager and give him 3/4 windows to dismantle that team and build again.

He'll head back to Inter sooner rather than later. Spalletti is on his last legs and Jose still commands godlike status with the nerazzurri.

I think this will be his last mega club though. He clearly can't compete with the egos of the modern day megastars, but he built his career on getting teams to give absolutely everything for him. I would love to see him go to a team like Wolves and do well.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He'll head back to Inter sooner rather than later. Spalletti is on his last legs and Jose still commands godlike status with the nerazzurri.

I think this will be his last mega club though. He clearly can't compete with the egos of the modern day megastars, but he built his career on getting teams to give absolutely everything for him. I would love to see him go to a team like Wolves and do well.

With £24M in hand, he can retire and put his feet up.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Okay, I’ll go with Jurgen Loew, Brendan Rogers, Spanish Waiter, Ryan Giggs, I won’t go with Hughes, Allerdyce, or the Crystal Palace dancing queen. Outsider, Jeremy Corbyn, a staunch red.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Poch to United at the end of the season IF Spurs cant gurantee him money to take them any further.

Not sure Zidane would want to take the role, nor many with reputations that they wish to protect, obviously get it right and your stock only rises, however get it wrong well, look at the last two managers who were sacked from united.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here