Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was the rumour in the popular press which is where most rumours originate.as the club never comments on who they are interested in for obvious reasons. We have to assume that they have this from some source, whether it be a good source or not remains to be seen and even then it could be a good source but wasn't pursued for whatever reasons that we will never know of.

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
That was the rumour in the popular press which is where most rumours originate.as the club never comments on who they are interested in for obvious reasons. We have to assume that they have this from some source, whether it be a good source or not remains to be seen and even then it could be a good source but wasn't pursued for whatever reasons that we will never know of.

In other words, it is not the knowns but the unknowns that we don't know.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Reports that we're now back in for Jack O Connell.
"Brighton boss Chris Hughton is determined to try to bring the left-sided central defender to the Amex Stadium and has gone back with an £8million offer in a bid to persuade Sheffield United to do business."
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/31/por-brighton-make-improved-bid-for-uniteds-oconnell/
http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?365179-Jack-O-Connell/

I wish the source wasn't HITC, but I hope this is accurate...

IMHO Tinpot FC's stance on Moore is an absolute disgrace...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I wish the source wasn't HITC, but I hope this is accurate...

IMHO Tinpot FC's stance on Moore is an absolute disgrace...

Why? Good luck to them, they have stated the price they want and we are not prepared to meet it, the same stance we took with Dale Stephens and I think Sheff U may do the same. If we want a HGP this could be the only deal in which we are forced to over pay. I know it’s getting old but I am gutted we sold Connor and the price in the current seems ridiculously low.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why? Good luck to them, they have stated the price they want and we are not prepared to meet it, the same stance we took with Dale Stephens and I think Sheff U may do the same. If we want a HGP this could be the only deal in which we are forced to over pay. I know it’s getting old but I am gutted we sold Connor and the price in the current seems ridiculously low.

I agree re CG... but, IMHO, you cannot compare the Albion/Dale scenario with that of Tinpot/Moore... we were proven candidates for promotion when Dale handed in his infamous transfer request, whereas Tinpot were almost relegated last season... I cannot understand why so many can't see the huge difference TBH... we could reasonably say to Dale, stick with us, we may well get to the Prem (and we did!), whereas Tinpot should not be hindering their best player's career / desire to return to the Prem...

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I agree re CG... but, IMHO, you cannot compare the Albion/Dale scenario with that of Tinpot/Moore... we were proven candidates for promotion when Dale handed in his infamous transfer request, whereas Tinpot were almost relegated last season... I cannot understand why so many can't see the huge difference TBH... we could reasonably say to Dale, stick with us, we may well get to the Prem (and we did!), whereas Tinpot should not be hindering their best player's career / desire to return to the Prem...

I will play devil’s avocado.
1) Cardiff got promoted last year
2) They have an ex Pl manager in Clements(I think he is pants, personally)
3) They had an abysmal season but have been in the play off mix in the last 5 yrs
4) With Moore and Baldock they have 2 good Championship players

I don think they will be any where near but you never know and if they can afford to turn down 8-10 for Moore that’s their choice.

I don’t like Reading much but you could argue it’s good for the game if clubs don’t just toll over when clubs with PL powers come calling and I would hope we take a similar stance if a richer club came up in for Gross or Izquierdo.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I will play devil’s avocado.
1) Cardiff got promoted last year
2) They have an ex Pl manager in Clements(I think he is pants, personally)
3) They had an abysmal season but have been in the play off mix in the last 5 yrs
4) With Moore and Baldock they have 2 good Championship players

I don think they will be any where near but you never know and if they can afford to turn down 8-10 for Moore that’s their choice.

I don’t like Reading much but you could argue it’s good for the game if clubs don’t just toll over when clubs with PL powers come calling and I would hope we take a similar stance if a richer club came up in for Gross or Izquierdo.

Fair enough, it's just my opinion like, but we are now the big fish, and we need to use our financial muscle... I admit I have zero sympathy for Tinpot, hope they struggle, and believe they will...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has the signing of Moore gone a little quiet now. or are we waiting for Readings next move.

The club are after one of the following Keane, Smalling Mee, some other geezer from Burnley that I'm not sure of the spelling after receiving a tip off that one of the current centre half's isn't as good as first thought :whistle:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Has the signing of Moore gone a little quiet now. or are we waiting for Readings next move.

I guess it could be a negotiating tactic but given that its being reported today that we've put in an increased bid for Jack O Connell then we might not be hearing much moore from Reading.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here