Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City away - Player Ratings

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This was not the game to look lazy or uninterested. He needed to show 20 mins of full on chasing and show us what he can do AND perhaps score. Difficult to get into a game when you are 3-1 down but he really did not look the part. Contrast that to Murray when he came on against Burnley and we looked dangerous. I am not writing him off but really need to see something which gives me heart & hope.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With apologies for the cut and paste from the match thread (should have waited for this one):

We were comprehensively outplayed in every position of the pitch (apart from keeper). They spent 20 mins trying to manufacture a goal for Yaya Toure - had they not, it’s likely that the damage would have been worse. The three goals we conceded all had fairly basic defending errors in them - as did ours; what was the keeper thinking?!

Sane on fire for them; Duffy our MoM.

All that said - we acquited ourselves honourably; losing to a team self-evidently miles better than us carries no shame.

I only saw it on a stream, but can't disagree with any of this. I'm not Duffy's greatest fan, but he was clearly our best player, with Knockaert next, who has continued his upturn in form, but missed a sitter. Sane was devastating, not only in attack, but snuffing out numerous Knockaert-inspired counter-attacks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Difficult to judge against such brilliant movement, but I did feel Bong defended poorly, particularly on the second goal, 3 yds away and turned his back.

6 - average

Ryan - 6
Bruno - 5.5 - tired and made a number of errors near the end.
Bong - 5 - first poor game for a long time
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 7
Knockaert- 7 worked hard
Stephens- 7
Propper - 6
Izquierdo- 5.5 - contributed very little
Gross - 6
Ulloa - 6

Subs - n/a

Some may feel harsh, and the way City closed us down was fantastic. That said, we were a little sloppy with our passing at times, and if you lose the ball against City, it takes 2-3 mins to get it back, and by that time you are knackered from the chasing! The third goal we were asleep on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks about right to me. As [MENTION=181]Blackadder[/MENTION] points out, Bruno deserves a higher mark, and I think Duffy probably warranted an 8.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don’t often watch Duffy from behind the goal and was pleasantly surprised that he is more mobile that I thought, almost nippy!!

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
This was not the game to look lazy or uninterested. He needed to show 20 mins of full on chasing and show us what he can do AND perhaps score. Difficult to get into a game when you are 3-1 down but he really did not look the part. Contrast that to Murray when he came on against Burnley and we looked dangerous. I am not writing him off but really need to see something which gives me heart & hope.

I thought he did OK and looked more dangerous than Leo. He had a shot, made a couple of forward runs. I just think some players look disinterested, I'd give him a bit more time which hopefully starts at Liverpool on Sunday.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Locadia - 5. Just wandered around looking disinterested

A tad harsh, many strikers look disinterested at times during a game.

Good point. Many fans criticised Murray for being 'lazy' and disinterested

I just think some players look disinterested,

Uninterested ... uninterested!

The ref's disinterested, someone in a Brighton shirt clearly isn't :angry:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Imagine the send of Yaya would’ve got if he hadn’t had that hissy fit refusing to play period a few seasons back!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wouldn't the sitter had been ruled offside - the linesman's flag was up after his missed attempt.

Ulloa was in an offside position, the ball fell right to his feet, but he had to leave it, then Knocky pounced on it. The flag might have twitched a bit, in case Ulloa did have a shot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't the sitter had been ruled offside - the linesman's flag was up after his missed attempt.

Ulloa was in an offside position, the ball fell right to his feet, but he had to leave it, then Knocky pounced on it. The flag might have twitched a bit, in case Ulloa did have a shot.

If you mean from Izzy's shot, Ulloa was probably level, although difficult to tell but he didn't get anywhere near the ball and there wasn't another offside in there as it hit Gross in the face and Knockaert was behind him. I wasn't there so not sure if the lino flagged offside or goalkick but either way it definitely wasn't off.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I thought Pröpper's ssist was fantastic. Fiddly feet and an inch-perfect cross. Can't think of a player off the top of my head who's adjusted so well so quickly (I didn't know what to make of him in the first game 37 games ago).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought Pröpper's ssist was fantastic. Fiddly feet and an inch-perfect cross. Can't think of a player off the top of my head who's adjusted so well so quickly (I didn't know what to make of him in the first game 37 games ago).

He was chucked into the first game with almost no time with the team at all beforehand wasn’t he ? Sure there would have been a few ‘get rids’ and ‘waste of money’ on here immediately afterwards despite that of course........[emoji23][emoji23]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here