Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea in Paris

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

I'm guessing you mean this video. Search on twitter and it pops up on a lot of far right Islamophobic websites. Thing is, not one identifies who the person is or translates what the crowd is chanting. Without those facts you're just being a bigot imo

whirling dervishes eh? I saw these people in Turkey. It's amazing how they can swirl for ages. No problem with this form of Islam. Think people need to educate themselves before linking these lot with extremism.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
whirling dervishes eh? I saw these people in Turkey. It's amazing how they can swirl for ages. No problem with this form of Islam. Think people need to educate themselves before linking these lot with extremism.

We had three whirling Dervishes in the teepee next to us a Glastonbury. Lovely people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Back on op thread subject. While those Chelsea fans were 100% in wrong. I can't help think that they are being made examples of as they are Chelsea fans. Had this been Leeds, Liverpool, Man U or Newcastle it would have been totally ignored by the media & wouldn't have created the fuss it has. This sort of thing happens a lot at football crowds throughout uk & worse in Europe. I'm not sticking up for them, but this is another media witch hunt / trial by media when those out there who have done a lot worse don't get any attention

Your point being?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Back on op thread subject. While those Chelsea fans were 100% in wrong. I can't help think that they are being made examples of as they are Chelsea fans. Had this been Leeds, Liverpool, Man U or Newcastle it would have been totally ignored by the media & wouldn't have created the fuss it has. This sort of thing happens a lot at football crowds throughout uk & worse in Europe. I'm not sticking up for them, but this is another media witch hunt / trial by media when those out there who have done a lot worse don't get any attention

What a complete load of crap. Still, another effort to turn the whole situation around.

I knew this thread would turn out like this 'I'm not condoning what they did, BUT......'
Depressing to read. There are some real wronguns lurking on this board.

D

Deleted member 22389

In the grand scale of things I find this utterly disgusting. This happened last May by the way, and I only found it because it was a related thread on NSC and decided to look it up online.
If there was the same outrage then I would have heard about it over and over and over and over again on every website, on every radio station like I am about this currect incident in Paris.

Paris St-Germain charged over abuse of disabled Chelsea fans
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27505851

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

so the video shows whirling dervish groupies or a soufi cheer squad....is that what you are suggesting..???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see that one of them has been suspended from his job.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Really!? This is more conspiracy theory about poor victimized Chelsea and their fans? :lol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] is correct about that kiddy who's pic was on here and in the paper - there's no evidence he was singing or pushed the man. Could easily be wrong place wrong time - who knows?
Exactly, if he was accused of fighting for the Taliban against British forces there would be the usual coterie of tosspots on here parroting their mantra about 'preferring to wait for evidence blah blah blah, doesn't apply here though, because he's accused of the worst crime of all , RACISM!!!!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Really!? This is more conspiracy theory about poor victimized Chelsea and their fans? :lol:

Agree Bold.

Everyone picks on poor little Chelsea.

Of course, for me it doesn't matter which club they were representing. They were British football fans behaving appallingly.

I'm sure that had they been French fans on British soil then the French would have been appalled.

Let's hope how they face some sort of justice is a lesson to us all. I doubt it, and I'm sure someone will come on saying "that's football" and "they were goaded" or "just having a laugh that got out of hand."

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I'm guessing you mean this video. Search on twitter and it pops up on a lot of far right Islamophobic websites. Thing is, not one identifies who the person is or translates what the crowd is chanting. Without those facts you're just being a bigot imo

That's nothing. You should see how many are waiting for the Pope when he arrives and all his priests and followers are paedophiles..................aren't they ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Agree Bold.

Everyone picks on poor little Chelsea.

Of course, for me it doesn't matter which club they were representing. They were British football fans behaving appallingly.

I'm sure that had they been French fans on British soil then the French would have been appalled.

Let's hope how they face some sort of justice is a lesson to us all. I doubt it, and I'm sure someone will come on saying "that's football" and "they were goaded" or "just having a laugh that got out of hand."
Nope, I agree with you here, not good at all, as a matter of interest exactly what 'justice' do you think this warrants?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Nope, I agree with you here, not good at all, as a matter of interest exactly what 'justice' do you think this warrants?

Banning order and the public humiliation already received should suffice if imagine.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Banning order and the public humiliation already received should suffice if imagine.

Agree with that.

And if authorities believe there are grounds for charges relating to assault or affray then they should be pursued. Finding witnesses would be difficult.

As for employer's action. Depends on the role of the individual in said organisation and organisation in question.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This guy from Dorking appears to have been publicly humiliated without any sort of evidence. There's not even evidence he was singing "we're racist", never mind pushing the guy off the train.

If more concrete evidence comes to light, then I'd agree with [MENTION=2565]Common as Mook[/MENTION]. Until then, why haven't they managed to track down the fat bloke standing in the train doorway? Afterall, he was seen blatantly pushing the guy off the train.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This guy from Dorking appears to have been publicly humiliated without any sort of evidence. There's not even evidence he was singing "we're racist", never mind pushing the guy off the train.

If more concrete evidence comes to light, then I'd agree with [MENTION=2565]Common as Mook[/MENTION]. Until then, why haven't they managed to track down the fat bloke standing in the train doorway? Afterall, he was seen blatantly pushing the guy off the train.

I'm pretty certain he'll be identified. He's a total embarrassment in every area and sadly he seems to think he's the beez-knees. He might be amongst the little group of idiots surrounding him, or whatever shitty little pub he frequents. But, in the grand scheme of things he really is nothing. I'm looking forward to him being outed.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Exactly, hes on the FRONT page of the metro, and they loved throwing in the picture of him with Nigel Farage hoping to smear him by association, meanwhile on PAGE 13 you get the story about the Muslim bloke arrested with a knife, hammer and ISIS flag on his way to behead a British Soldier being found guilty....sums up the media for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here