Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
All professional football clubs are also businesses. It's just that most of them lose loads of money.

What's your definition of "a club" rather than a business?

Something something corporate greed. Something jumpers for goalposts. Something something Brexit

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
all football clubs have always been a going concern; and so it is a business, would you rather it made a loss?

Ah you wound me! My post was a dig at those that complain about football being too corporate and businesslike. It astounds me that people think an entity where people are paid tens to hundreds of thousand pounds PER WEEK, should be run in any way other than as a serious business. Some people see the word corporate, but I prefer the word professional. Non-league clubs can be run like 'proper old school football' clubs, by a few mates taking subs off the players. But if you are in the professional league you need to run the club appropriately. Some are obviously more successful than others.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Ah you wound me! My post was a dig at those that complain about football being too corporate and businesslike. It astounds me that people think an entity where people are paid tens to hundreds of thousand pounds PER WEEK, should be run in any way other than as a serious business. Some people see the word corporate, but I prefer the word professional. Non-league clubs can be run like 'proper old school football' clubs, by a few mates taking subs off the players. But if you are in the professional league you need to run the club appropriately. Some are obviously more successful than others.

my sincere apologies,

and may i thank you for the most polite whoosh i have ever received; again, many thanks

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
too late i get it....
No worries, I agree with you.

Interesting (to me anyway) that two of the posters who have got things completely wrong on this thread (and have then disappeared when their errors of fact have been pointed out) also like to weigh in about politics a lot (and then disappear when their errors of fact are pointed out).

I see a pattern! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
http://ar.marca.com/claro/futbol/boca-junior/2019/06/13/5d0195cbe2704e78bd8b45d5.html

Google Translate:

Alexis Mac Allister is a new player from Boca

El Boca by Gustavo Alfaro closed its first reinforcement ahead of the 2019/20 season, it is Alexis Mac Allister , playmaker who comes from Argentinos Juniors, and signed a one year loan, in a negotiation that validated the Brighton, club of the Premier League owner of his pass, who agreed to the operation.

In this way, the Xeneize achieves its first reinforcement in the hooking position, place in which Mac Allister managed to stand out during the last two seasons in Argentinos, and that now will have the opportunity to do it in Boca, team that will face the eighths of the Libertadores and the start of the Superliga 19/20 in the second semester, in addition to the Copa Argentina.

Boca then stays with who until today, was the difficult figurine of the market, since both Students, as San Lorenzo and Independent, wanted it and had advanced in the possible loan. Red was the one who was closest to "steal" Boca, after the meeting that Sebastian Beccacece had with the player days ago, trying to convince him to opt to go to Independiente.

As revealed to the player, the fact that Gustavo Alfaro, the team's coach, called him on the phone to express his interest, was decisive for the 22-year-old to end up deciding for Boca, a club where he was 20 years ago. after playing his father, Carlos, remembered side of the 90s.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So did we make a profit then? Hey ho - I'd rather we'd bought a player for our first team.

Me too but it seems to be the way top clubs operate and presumably we are trying to emulate them.

It’s a years loan so we haven’t cashed in yet?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The fact Boca want him at least means he is progressing well, which is good. It also increases his chances of an international call up, which again will help us (eventually).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well twitter is now babbling that Spartak Moscow have bid €20 million for him.

And the deal might involve a swap for Ze Luis ( see NSC thread from a transfer window past ).

Whatever. He's not playing for us next year.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Well twitter is now babbling that Spartak Moscow have bid €20 million for him.

And the deal might involve a swap for Ze Luis ( see NSC thread from a transfer window past ).

Whatever. He's not playing for us next year.

Will be still need a work permit? Sorry I really don't understand how these things work.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Write it off as a money making bit of business and forget the football side :thumbsup:

Really!? How much have we made? I make it a Euro 10M loss plus any proportion of his wages we are paying so far. Great business by the Albion there [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here