Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno to retire

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A tad heartbreaking, his departure. It won't feel right without his rippled deitous beard around us. I love how he's developed as a defender whilst with us, whilst retaining his excellence as a playmaker. A lunge stopping an attacker in their tracks followed by a long flat pass that caresses the touchline perfectly weighted into a lesser being's path. Irreplaceable, I sadly say, and that sadness triples with the flicker of memories of all i shan't see of him again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A lunge stopping an attacker in their tracks followed by a long flat pass that caresses the touchline perfectly weighted into a lesser being's path. Irreplaceable, I sadly say, and that sadness triples with the flicker of memories of all i shan't see of him again.

You have just painted a very vivid picture of a few seconds of Bruno playing there (not sure that AK will appreciate being called a lesser being though) :thumbsup:

I’m surprised that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] hasn’t asked you to do the occasional match report. It would be a brilliant off beat read I’m sure

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm gutted because I loved him, but retiring after leading Albion out in his final game at The Amex, at home to Manchester City with us safe in The Premier League for another year, in front of a worldwide TV audience of millions - that's not a bad way to sign off on your own terms.

Very well put. When we missed out on promotion and he was crying on the pitch after the MASSIVE game I thought his chance at the premier league with us had gone. WRONG.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The joint best technical player I've ever seen in the stripes, alongside Vicente. The man could trap a £1.99 plastic size 4 dead if it was dropped off a cliff in a gale.

Unlike Vicente the man beneath the beard continues to be a legend around town. The best advert for a modern professional footballer I could imagine and a credit to the team, the city and his family. This is not over the top, he's often seen around the parks of Brighton and East Sussex as his son is playing Sunday League over here and I don't know a parent who's met him who hasn't been charmed, despite all the attention on his day off.

His partnership with Knocky in the Championship was one of the major things that got us promoted and breaking it up accelerated our struggles. Bruno might be gettig on a bit now :)lolol:) and Knocky has certainly had his issues but look who we called on when we were desparate at the end of this season. Together they were telepathic.

I hope he starts and plays 90 mins on Sunday and we sing his name all day long. And, in many ways. I really hope we beat City, as improbable as that is. It's a shame that a probable leage title coronation is going to be the media focus when this giant of a man has earned the applause and appreciation of every single one of the home fans present.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Imagine if we got the ultimate fairytale and he scored the winner on Sunday - there surely wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Gutted I can't make the match on Sunday now. I will be watching while at work so I fully expect to hear 90 minutes of non-stop singing for him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
0-0 85th minute penalty to the Albion, and Murray throws the ball to Bruno to take it.........

On a more serious note, I'm struggling to recall a poor performance from Bruno during his time with the club. He took over and made the right back position his own from any other club legend, and we will be very lucky indeed if we acquire another player of the same standing as Bruno.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I didn't notice it at the game on Sunday but watching it on TV later I noticed late in the second half when Arsenal broke from their penalty area the player who ran almost the length of the pitch and was pretty much first back in our penalty area defending was Bruno. Will miss him on the pitch and it would be fantastic for him to get a job within the club, for life. Hopefully the NSK lot are getting a massive banner ready for him.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Proper legend. I remember when we got promoted some had doubts he could cope at that age with the Premier league. Has been a class act on the pitch but can also confirm he is a total gent off the pitch.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well that's decided my attire for Sunday then. Time to dig out my Bruno shirt. Gutted that he'll be calling it a day. An absolute legend. It could only have been a special player to fill the boots Calde at RB. We've been truly blessed to have those two exceptional professionals at our club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here