Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh my God I've just read the thread title. We've signed him for FIVE YEARS? We are Sunderland waiting to happen again and we've not even got a Netflix show.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He has almost as many ways of losing the ball as Derby do of blowing promotion...

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
How the actual **** does this fella get a game? The biggest game of the season against a team you know you need to fight for every ball and we play AJ who would be out of his depth playing for Scunthorpe in what ever division they currently in habit! Complete and utter toilet and finding out he has a 5 year deal had depressed me even more than I was after that shamble tonight!

Have we signed the Iranian version of Carlos Kaiser? He struggles to even control a ball with his hapless clown boots

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There has got to be some mystery to this signing that no one will ever admit, along the lines of paying for 'George Weah's cousin'. Who was that in the highlights video showreel?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If you look at pretty much all his highlights from Holland they are unopposed moments of good execution. He lacks versatlity, athleticism and physical presence. Nowhere near a PL level athelete. He was always a dud waiting to happen but could have an important contribution, if he gets the opportunity.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Useless ****. Yet we are supposed to get behind, never boo or leave early, when that thing gets more than most of us yearly every week, gets paid for being utterly pathetic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you look at pretty much all his highlights from Holland they are unopposed moments of good execution. He lacks versatlity, athleticism and physical presence. Nowhere near a PL level athelete. He was always a dud waiting to happen but could have an important contribution, if he gets the opportunity.

For a long time I've been saying I didn't understand what is game is supposed to be about as he's not fast and he's not strong. You've explained that more eloquently than me!

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

At some point during the first half the Cardiff goalie hit a ball very high in the air and I’m sure it was Ali J who just controlled the ball within an inch of his foot (apologies if not) this is and hitting the bar against a championship reserve side in the fa cup are the only two things of any quality I have seen him do in a Brighton shirt. Potentially just one as my eyes aren’t the best from a distance

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bloom must feel literally sick to his stomach having been talked into blowing £17m on that complete duffer. He's not a winger, he's more of a deep-lying forward in the Gross mould. But we already had Gross, so what was the point of lashing out a record fee on him, and playing him on the wing ? Its like me spending £900 on a 55 inch 4k flatscreen TV when I've already got one, so using the new one as a fvcking shit improvised ironing board.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bloom must feel literally sick to his stomach having been talked into blowing £17m on that complete duffer. He's not a winger, he's more of a deep-lying forward in the Gross mould. But we already had Gross, so what was the point of lashing out a record fee on him, and playing him on the wing ? Its like me spending £900 on a 55 inch 4k flatscreen TV when I've already got one, so using the new one as a fvcking shit ironing board.

Begs the question, why didn’t someone let CH know, Gross has been injured for most of the season it feels and AJ hasn’t once played as a number 10.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Bloom must feel literally sick to his stomach having been talked into blowing £17m on that complete duffer. He's not a winger, he's more of a deep-lying forward in the Gross mould. But we already had Gross, so what was the point of lashing out a record fee on him, and playing him on the wing ? Its like me spending £900 on a 55 inch 4k flatscreen TV when I've already got one, so using the new one as a fvcking shit improvised ironing board.

Precisely this and he’s not even our 4th best winger when you account for the U23’s. Him behind Florin and Locadia would pose a threat but we are in no way equipped to accommodate this with a midfield always on the back foot.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
If he his the answer to Iranian football I just wonder what the eff is the question
?

Total non league player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuinely embarrassed to be a Brighton fan reading this drivel. Worse than watching the match.

Yep. Ali J is class. Being scapegoated for sure. People booing off our player as he's subbed. And on comes Izzy who did nothing.

The manager has lost the team. Duffy is turning into Alan Duffy. Others (Stevens for example) has lost his confidence. Ali passed a ball tonight for Gross (I think it was) who was so slow he didn't start to run. But why was Gross playing the Baldock role (Andone role)?

But Cardiff, though. These are a good side.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here