Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly a big gamble given how much we spent on the likes of Mac Allister. Hate to sound all Brexity, but would much rather we looked at bringing British youngsters to the club now, particularly that we have a manager to develop them. Jack Clarke or Jamie Shackleton at Leeds for example. Ok if we mess up with a work permit once,but to be making a habit out of it is worrying. And yes I agree, he hardly seems ecstatic to come and play here. But I'm willing to wait and see, should he actually be able to come over, if he's got the necessary application. There's no doubting him and tau look good players, but surely there are more pressing issues in the squad than just making speculative punts on players who might not be able to play...
On the outside looking in, as we all are, both this and Percy's deal seem a little odd, to say the least.

But for all we know the conversation from Winstano might have been:-

'Hey boss, I reckon i can get these fellas on the cheap'.
'We need to move quick, but even if we can't get the permits Im sure we can make some money'.

'Do it'.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I really hope our transfer policy becomes a bit more sensible and transparent with the arrival of Potter.

From what I understood from the press conference etc, he will only be involved in agreeing purchases for the first team. I think all the other investment stuff will be someone else’s responsibility. If something comes from them then I assume he would have an option to play them (if eligible!).

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
On the outside looking in, as we all are, both this and Percy's deal seem a little odd, to say the least.

But for all we know the conversation from Winstano might have been:-

'Hey boss, I reckon i can get these fellas on the cheap'.
'We need to move quick, but even if we can't get the permits Im sure we can make some money'.

'Do it'.

But surely they would've been scouting these players in depth beforehand? Doesn't sound like a PB thing to do to just take a glance at the south African league and pick up a random player from there. If we're signing someone from such an obscure league, id imagine we'd have done a lot of homework beforehand.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
But surely they would've been scouting these players in depth beforehand? Doesn't sound like a PB thing to do to just take a glance at the south African league and pick up a random player from there. If we're signing someone from such an obscure league, id imagine we'd have done a lot of homework beforehand.

Nothing to do with PB. PW and TB. Now PW, TB, DA and KM....:)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

When we signed him, Mac Allister was quoted as saying:-

The main reason I signed was because they came to Argentina looking for me, and they seemed very convinced about me. They made a big effort, told me about their project and their ideas to keep growing in this league, and I liked their ideas. I liked what they said. We kept in contact with Paul [Winstanley] and I was eventually able to come and sign everything.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hopefully the club might clarify the situation regarding both Mac Allister and Tau over the summer.

Nothing to clarify.

Re Tau it’s nothing but a business transaction.

Re Mac Allister we probably took a view based on a legal opinion of passport qualification and expect somewhere a lawyer is sweating on his/her advice not holding good in fear of a potential suit/claim being lodged.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Exactly. So not just a spur of the moment signing. Which would make it a bit strange if he was just supposed to be a low-cost moneyspinner

I wasn't implying it was a spur of the moment deal, more a case of:-

'It turns out we can do the deals now, Paul, and worry about the paperwork later'.
'Which I don't think will be a worry because worst case scenario we can always flip them for a profit, because these deals are good'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I wasn't implying it was a spur of the moment deal, more a case of:-

'It turns out we can do the deals now, Paul, and worry about the paperwork later'.
'Which I don't think will be a worry because worst case scenario we can always flip them for a profit, because these deals are good'.

Fair enough. That could be well what happened. Just seems a bit strange to be doing that when it was clear we had such major issues elsewhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough. That could be well what happened. Just seems a bit strange to be doing that when it was clear we had such major issues elsewhere

The manager didnt want any more new players.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
"do you want a hefty pay rise and make a name for yourself in Europe" ought to do the trick.

"Ideally yeah, and thanks for the interest, but if you actually have no intention of ever playing me, because you can't, I think i'll save my energy and wait for another team to come in for me who will".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here