Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Series 8 suffered from having to rush 7 series worth of story lines to a conclusion. Some episodes suffered more than others but overall I love the GoT series and I look forward to the undoubted spin offs to come.

Biggest disappointment? I'd have liked Lord Vary's character to feature more prominently, I loved how he was proved right, just a shame he wasn't there to form part of the new order!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It just feels like everything is mostly back where it started but we’ve no idea why we still need the Nights Watch.

!

We don't, they were sending him to something that didn't exist so he can be with the people he's the most comfortable among.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'd have liked Lord Vary's character to feature more prominently, I loved how he was proved right, just a shame he wasn't there to form part of the new order!

Yeah. He deserved to be part of the formation of the new, better world. Great actor as well, always enjoyed his scenes. Sadly fell at the last hurdle.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Pretty dire but by far the best episode of the last couple series. 2/10.

Very predictable granted but pleasant enough considering what garbage has come in the last few years since the writers took over.

No easy fix and make the most of a bad situation (GRRM is going to take forever) but I'm amazed they couldn't do a better job. That said the first few series were good even if edited from the books. Found a middle ground between staying true to a point but adapting to the screen and show length at the same time.

Expect I'll re-read the books far more often in future life than bother with the show again though.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just don't believe that Drogon would have just let Jon Snow walk away. Oh no I will just incinerate the throne as that was the ambition that undid my mother. Really?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Just don't believe that Drogon would have just let Jon Snow walk away. Oh no I will just incinerate the throne as that was the ambition that undid my mother. Really?
Jon was a Targaryan and actually the real King which may have helped. However the whole scene was total lamearse. 8 series of her story build to just end her that quickly and pathetically was utter garbage. Clueless writing and the whole thing will always be remembered as an anti climax as a result.

Dont even get me started on the next scene with everyone deciding who should be king. What a sh*tshow of terrible plot writing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Shite

Thank **** it is over. I feel like a beloved cat has finally been put down after losing bladder control for the last couple of years of its life. Beautiful memories of the moggy but it's shit and piss have really stunk the place out of late.

Good night sweet Tiddles.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
The shows wheels fell off as soon as they started making decisions that weren't in line with the book (Stannis).

The shows engine started giving out as soon as they got past the book material.

The shows entire vehicle came to a halt and caught fire with the demise of the Night King.

It went up in a ball of fire last night.

Awful, awful stuff. A big **** you to George RR Martin too, who won't finish the books and leaves us this as the only true ending to his epic saga.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I haven't seen one minute of Game of Thrones. Could I be unique?

No there;'s always at least one person who makes this claim anytime GoT is mentioned anywhere on the internet. Now if you'd never seen it and didn't let everyone know that might very well be unique.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I haven't seen one minute of Game of Thrones. Could I be unique?
I get the impression that it's like Eastenders, petty squabbling of who owns and runs the equivalent of the Queen Vic, the Car Lot and the washerteria, someone's always got " A Plan " and there's lots of death and shagging. So, it's just Eastenders with swords and Dragons.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The shows wheels fell off as soon as they started making decisions that weren't in line with the book (Stannis).

The shows engine started giving out as soon as they got past the book material.

The shows entire vehicle came to a halt and caught fire with the demise of the Night King.

It went up in a ball of fire last night.

Awful, awful stuff. A big **** you to George RR Martin too, who won't finish the books and leaves us this as the only true ending to his epic saga.

I heard it's the same ending as the unpublished books? Just a different route getting there?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Jon's a Targaryen, I'm not sure Drogon would kill his own blood. They do also suggest many times in the books/show that Dragons are very intelligent, and he understood (perhaps) that it really was the quest for the throne that destroyed Dany.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
E4917363-F8C6-4B9A-803D-B0EB3249DD61.jpeg

The memes are the only thing keeping me going right now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I've stuck up for Game of Thrones as people have piled into this series and last, but I watched final episode this afternoon and this is the most underwhelmed i've ever felt in my life.

It's not that any of it was done badly, I thought the scene with Jon and Dany was spot on and I sort of liked Brienne filling in the book on Jaime. What it needed was some sort of twist, some sort of climatic finale which turns everything you though was going to happen on it's head. It needed a Red Wedding Style ending, just for the last few minutes. I wanted to go away thinking, wow, that was messed up. What we got was some meandering genteel finish up with a few brothel jokes and an everyone lived happily ever after feel to it. Crushingly disappointing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here