Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] EU Elections. Where is your X ?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
We realise that is why we have a Minister re-negotiating what trade deals he is currently allowed to,but don't let a good lie get in the way of the truth,eh?

As seen by the Brexit cluster****, I personally wouldnt be at all worried about a Tory Minister re-negotiating any deal. No. Really. Good luck with your fantasies.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes, exactly what I said. The EU has trade deals with the WTO countries, not the UK on its own. The UK is a member of the EU. When we leave the EU, then we can negotiate trade deals with WTO countries. Thanks for making it clearer.
You seem to go out of your way to make yourself look ridiculous. Respect is due.

Did you want to borrow this ?

mli84e68qbp21.jpg

:lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You brexit lot have been shown to be great negotiators so far! How is the brexit deal going? Only 3 years behind schedule for the "easiest deal".

When a major voting block such as Jezza & Co vote no every time, folding their arms but still want out somehow, what chance does anyone have?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Voted Green for the first time ever in my life

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I think we all know what's going to happen next week.
All the leave voters will go out and vote for the brexit party and they will walk it.
As directly opposed to every other EU election in the past when practically nobody bothered to vote because they just did not care and very few could name their MEP.
And so it will be hailed as a 2nd referendum, even though they said that there should never be one because it's not democracy, but they will say that this vote just confirms what democracy demanded in the first place even though democratically a 2nd vote should never take place but the EU elections democratically confirms the original democratic vote and leave voters were right all along and will crow about it for weeks.
And worse of all we are going to have that 24 carat drip Farage and his stupid face all over the TV probably in a pub drinking a pint with the people and convincing everyone that he is a man of the people, for the people and is only doing it for them and democracy.
And all the tossers will fall for it, again.

What a shame, the Country might vote the way you don't want them to...that's called democracy, and the minority need to stop squealing like pigs about it.

You did hit the nail on the head though, that most people previously (including remainers) never used to be able to even name their MEP as it wasn't considered 'important' enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think we all know what's going to happen next week.
All the leave voters will go out and vote for the brexit party and they will walk it.
As directly opposed to every other EU election in the past when practically nobody bothered to vote because they just did not care and very few could name their MEP.
And so it will be hailed as a 2nd referendum, even though they said that there should never be one because it's not democracy, but they will say that this vote just confirms what democracy demanded in the first place even though democratically a 2nd vote should never take place but the EU elections democratically confirms the original democratic vote and leave voters were right all along and will crow about it for weeks.
And worse of all we are going to have that 24 carat drip Farage and his stupid face all over the TV probably in a pub drinking a pint with the people and convincing everyone that he is a man of the people, for the people and is only doing it for them and democracy.
And all the tossers will fall for it, again.

Exactly this. People who have spent three years insisting that a more specific second vote would be undemocratic are now going to claim that 33% of a small turnout is a confirmatory vote. Even though they won’t even get a desk in Brussels before we leave if they get what they claim they want. It’s hilarious and utterly irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Exactly this. People who have spent three years insisting that a more specific second vote would be undemocratic are now going to claim that 33% of a small turnout is a confirmatory vote. Even though they won’t even get a desk in Brussels before we leave if they get what they claim they want. It’s hilarious and utterly irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said earlier to some other remoaner, suck it up hun! Annihilation awaits next week.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Genuine question for remainers. If you have a resounding vote for Brexit Party/Leave MEPs' in the EU Election would you give up your struggle?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Genuine question for remainers. If you have a resounding vote for Brexit Party/Leave MEPs' in the EU Election would you give up your struggle?

What struggle ?

I never swallowed the "taking back control" bollocks.

Nobody remain leave or indifferent has any power over the current situation outside of the political class.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What struggle ?

I never swallowed the "taking back control" bollocks.

Nobody remain leave or indifferent has any power over the current situation outside of the political class.

Remain will lose big time. The direction of democracy will be extremely evident. Out! of the dreadful EU philosophy and control of THIS country by foreigners!!! Remainers struggle is to stay in the EU. They will not win.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I won't become stupid overnight if that is what you are asking. I am against Brexit because it is a bad idea, not because it isn't popular enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here