Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Financial security wise I am assuming with his player earnings, PFA pension and management income he could probably retire and live modestly without working again however the next contract be it Swansea or us will bring a new level to his family financial security being what is paid now compared to lower league wages then, so I think although money isn’t the main objective it would certainly feature.

Let’s me under no illusion, a discussion on the package and duration has already been had by whatever channel,with the agent playing off both sides against each other, which they are paid to do.

I wonder if the duration of the contract is something still being considered on both sides, whereas Swansea may offer half of what we are offering but doubling the duration nets him the same if sacked and staying for the project is less pressure / personal satisfaction. The premier league factor must also be in his mind (does he think he’s ready?)

From what I’ve read he seems pro-active and trusts his own process so imagine absolute clarity as to winstanleys and ashworths involvement will be and what the quorum is on final decisions.

He has his own team to think about as well and seems to have two way loyalty on his side, will there be places for his player recruiters?

I’m not surprised this is taking a while as a result.

The last point is whether the sacking of Chris and the recruitment of potter / Neville are linked? I don’t believe they are, I think bloom has a list of targets and despite some back channelling as to personals situations prior to the sacking, the sacking itself was a single decision not reliant on a particular replacement.

I would expect us to have a yes / no on Potter but next Wednesday cob at the latest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many up and coming managers are as stand out as what Potter seems to be? I mean I would hope that anyone else on Bloom's list hasn't been mentioned on NSC or even has odds listed on betting systems.

If we cannot get Potter and we want to take a chance I haven't got a problem with Nathan Jones. He is the sort of person who leads by example and he has normally had his morning 5 mile run before any player gets out of bed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Graham Potter

Sorry, you think he could never work again? Have you actually thought about those numbers? That is absolute nonsense. How much do you think he earned as a lower league journeyman? Of course he needs to work, and a Premier League job would no doubt change everything for him and his family financially.

Ive said money would still be a factor. I’m not relying on his players wages at that level, (I seen a contract of a an England under 21 level championship player around 2003 and the erosion if he got relegated £800 a goal down to £50 if league 2) I’ve based this on his current Swansea earnings and the new contract offered to him to stay, assuming 10k a week over 4 years (2m net) so yes i think he could be comfortable in not leaving, but he could be in a much stronger financial position signing for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Interesting that Swansea have offered him an improved contract.
It’s seems their American backers value him and are keen for him to push on next season.
With rumours of Neville being lined up as a alternative, it could be resolved one way or another this weekend.
My money’s on Neville ( cheaper option)

The oracle has spoken.

:bowdown:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If we were given a choice, two weeks ago :

Chris Hughton, or Phil Neville ?

I shall say no more.

That’s not the choice though so it’s pure horseshit

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Phillip Neville should not even be a contender for this job. We would be the laughing stock of the world if we employed that numpty. The club are not stupid, they read this forum. They know that a new manager has to have the faith of us. Neville would not have that. He would be under so much pressure to succeed and after a couple of loses....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can you please categorically state that there's no chance of hiring Neville.? I need to hear it from somebody like yourself for reassurance! I'm having trouble sleeping lately.

I can categorically state that Phil Neville will not get a SNIFF of the job. He's not even on the shortlist.

Sleep well, sweet cheeks xx

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Strangely, news of Swansea offering improved terms has made me slightly more optimistic that we will get Graham Potter. It really doesn’t mean anything - could be them making a show of trying to keep him to satisfy the fans.

If it was that good a contract, they’d have skipped the ‘offered’ bit and come straight out with ‘Graham Potter has agreed a new deal’.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I've had similar concerns, about how scruffy he looks. Been used to Hughton's impeccable suits and general smartness.

Scruffy managers are unacceptable. Wouldn't happen in Germany.

schmidt2.jpg

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we don't get Potter (I think we will) I reckon we'll announce a coach currently working overseas who most of us haven't heard of within days.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If we don't get Potter (I think we will) I reckon we'll announce a coach currently working overseas who most of us haven't heard of within days.

There’s lots of foreign managers I haven’t heard of within days.

Or ever...come to think of it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
My wildcard here would be Andre Villas Boas. Young and plenty of Premier League experience, with unfinished business in the prem ???

Not a bad idea. Can see him filling some of the TB criteria. Been out since the end of 2017 when he didn't extend his contract at Shanghai.

Full name is Luís André de Pina Cabral e Villas-Boas. That's going to get the chant boys working hard to get that one in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here