Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It seems Swansea has sent a messenger on a cruise liner to speak to one of the owners on the East Coast, then will travel by horse and wagon across the mid west, the great plaines , transverse the Rockies, then through the south western deserts to speak to the other owner on the West coast.

I presume he'll repeat that journey all the way back to Swansea with the answer. :facepalm:

Yep; and the response will be: “Who’s Potter?”

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My mate is adamant

Really? They were great fun in the 80s. Stand and Deliver and all that. Heard he went a bit doolally, how is he these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
My guess is that Albion must have already had informal contact with Potter before announcing CH's sacking.

This delay is either Potter making up his mind before telling Swansea he wants to leave (or not), or is a negotiating tactic on the part of Swansea to increase the level of compensation.

For some reason I took a quick look at oddschecker betting for the next Albion manager on SUNDAY evening, on the way back from match and Potter was already the favourite then. Someone knew something was going on then.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
For some reason I took a quick look at oddschecker betting for the next Albion manager on SUNDAY evening, on the way back from match and Potter was already the favourite then. Someone knew something was going on then.
This thread was started last Thursday ........

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
What you're suggesting would mean we've broken the tapping up rule and will be find heavily. Just so you know.

Who is to say that journalists are correct in saying that Swansea still haven’t said we can discuss.

But either way, just remember that Pascal Gross visited us long before he signed for us. Surely unlikely to have happened without ‘tapping up’ which I guarantee there is an element of in every single club transfer (player/manager).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure if it's a release clause or just a figure Swansea have come up with as compensation for releasing him from his contract.

It seems that the sticking point now is that we are not prepared to pay the £2m, therefore Swansea haven't permitted talks to start.

It's not. The sticking point is whether Swansea can persuade him to stay or not.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I hear he’s spent his cash in looking flash and grabbing your attention.

The way you look, you'll qualify for next year's old age pension!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In writing his story. Yes. I’m sure he’s spoken to as many of his sources as possible.

You mean he has looked at Wales online, like the rest of us, and rewritten it word for word.

Tuff gig that journalism lark.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's a pretty important appointment for both him and us.

'Do you fancy a job - yeah, go on then' would worry me a little more. The fact that we are still talking makes me think it will happen.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yet, for all your posturing you know precisely nothing here too
I haven't claimed to know anything about our new appointment. Actually, looking back I can see that's not true. I have claimed that the club won't have sacked Hughton with Potter as the only possible replacement in mind. Yes, that's an opinion, but it's pretty obviously right.

yet it’s okay for you seemingly declare your own un-informed opinions as more favourable and/or likely to transpire than mine.

I’m guessing yep, but at least I can admit it. The trouble is, I think I may be right: point one: this appointment might never happen and point two if it does, he will likely do no better than CH may have done... all very underwhelming.
That's just a couple of your opinions, and I've not picked you up on those, because they're reasonably opinions. It may well not happen, and if it does it may well end in relegation.

What I am criticising you for is comments like these:
"It’s going to be a classic Albion shambles... probably end up reappointing CH."
"Timing is always key, and in relation to Potter, I think we've miscalculated BIG time."
"He doesn’t want to come"
"Being only half interested is a grrreeeaaatt start..."

That first one is the best and makes me think you're trolling, rather than being genuine. How can you seriously think we'll re-appoint Hughton?
You've also stated that he doesn't want to come, and is only half interested. That's not giving an opinion that you're concerned he's not interested, that's stating something as fact when you have no idea. If he really doesn't want to come, then he won't come, and we'll get someone else. No big deal. If he does come, then it's because he wants to, and the club think he's the right man for the job.

I’m unsure why you need to be right all of the time... ?
Right about what? I'm not the one who's making wild claims here. I have no idea if we'll appoint him or not, and I have no idea whether he'll be any good or not if we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here