Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hang on...in those videos he is predominantly right footed playing out on the left a lot of the time. Not this again? :shrug:

To be fair, looks competent with both feet, both for standing on and kicking the ball. :thumbsup:

He also seems to wear his shirt the wrong way round.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've seen a media source where it has been denied man utd are looking at him, the story was made up to start a bidding war.

Brighton aren’t into bidding wars, hence surprise left-field signings, for players on far lower wages than the competition.

By the time NSC’ers have raved about a player simply from watching TV, the recruiters at Wolves, Villa, Bmuff, Leicester, Palace and West Ham are making contract offers on a different stratosphere.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Straight swap for Ali J - everyone's a winner!*

(* - apart from Swansea)

I still like Ali J but I did titter at that, you cheeky monkey.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Welsh Messi? I don't even know if he's Welsh.

He is from Beverley and developed through the Hull City academy system before he rejected their offer of a scholarship and moved to Swansea instead.

He qualifies for Wales through his father, who is from Aberdare.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dan James has been fantastic this season. His pace is something else but has quality to round things off too. I was hoping we'd be in for him anyway at £15m when I saw that figure mentioned for Man Utd, because he'd surely be a better prospect than another 'rough diamond' from overseas. However, the Teamtalk story doesn't ring that true. My gut feeling is that if we get Potter we might find it's more difficult to get James initially, as it often seems to be the case that when a manager moves clubs he's restricted from taking their best talent with him as part of the deal.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Dan James has been fantastic this season. His pace is something else but has quality to round things off too. I was hoping we'd be in for him anyway at £15m when I saw that figure mentioned for Man Utd, because he'd surely be a better prospect than another 'rough diamond' from overseas. However, the Teamtalk story doesn't ring that true. My gut feeling is that if we get Potter we might find it's more difficult to get James initially, as it often seems to be the case that when a manager moves clubs he's restricted from taking their best talent with him as part of the deal.

But in this case, Swansea need to sell him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But in this case, Swansea need to sell him.

Well, he's under contract for another season. So they don't have to, though obviously it would make financial sense if he's adamant he won't extend his deal. But we certainly wouldn't be his only option.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well, he's under contract for another season. So they don't have to, though obviously it would make financial sense if he's adamant he won't extend his deal. But we certainly wouldn't be his only option.

I think the suggestion was that Swansea need to sell him to balance the books and continue to rely on young talent in the championship.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think the suggestion was that Swansea need to sell him to balance the books and continue to rely on young talent in the championship.

Fair enough. If that's true, Potter would be mad not to jump at a Premier League job, even if it means uprooting his family again.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Exactly right. James and McBurnie may well both be making moves. Obviously Swansea fans don't want to see either go - and the manager wouldn't either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here