Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton leaves with immediate effect

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Kept us up. Play-offs. Promotion. Kept us up. Kept us up. You're an embarrassment.

Want to see an 'underperforming employee'? look at no-goals Ali J.

Nice edit

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes I do -

Bloom initially made his money from online betting companies and online poker sites - he then got involved with vulture funds. This is the basis of his wealth - online gambling and property speculation.

Starlizard is primarily designed to manipulate gambling in Asia - selling information to others and using the chaotic Asia gambling scene to hide large betting patterns. Most of his wealth is now found in vulture funds (another form of gambling).

Trying to make out that Bloom is some sort of clean cut guy who stumbled into his fortune is nonsense. Nobody make a billion without a lot of people being screwed in the process.

He's made his money out of being smarter than others. if you want to be part of his consortium the buy in is usually seven figures so TB isn't targetting the poor and stupid like the saps who spunk their money away each week at Bet365.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bloom is a billionaire - how do you think he made his money?

He made/makes it by exploiting people with a gambling problem through his gaming websites and screwing people looking for a home.

Snakes Alive !

That's some agenda bursting through there. I wonder what club you support.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Kept us up. Play-offs. Promotion. Kept us up. Kept us up. You're an embarrassment.

Want to see an 'underperforming employee'? look at no-goals Ali J.

There's some difference between an employee and asset. There's also a difference between an "asset" and a cost. £16M...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Either Stains or Muff. If it's Muff, he should be careful throwing accusations around about where the money comes from to fund the club.

I've spent a lot of money on Muff over the years.............edit.....I now think you're talking about Plucky Little Bournemouth instead?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I've spent a lot of money on Muff over the years.............edit.....I now think you're talking about Plucky Little Bournemouth instead?

Mmm, spending money on Muff is not usually an admission for a pubic message board... public message board.
Still, yes I was referring to our plucky little South Coast "neighbours". Although I'm still unconvinced that 90 miles is particularly in the neighbourhood.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh my god.

You were SPECIFICALLY talking about the last 20 years. TWENTY. 1999 if that helps you.

Not 116 years, not 1985, not 1927.

This really isn't difficult. Your statement that NO TEAM other than Leicester in the last TWENTY YEARS (SINCE 1999) has emerged from a bottom half team to a top half team was factually inaccurate. You made a statement, as fact, and it was wrong. Get over it.

However, you are EXCELLENT on Wikipedia. Keep up the good work.
The point, which you seem to have missed, is that Everton never have been a "bottom half team". They are a very well established first division/PL team, and although in over 100 years of playing at that level they have sometimes finished in the bottom half (who hasn't?) they have very rarely even flirted with relegation. To try and make a point about 'bottom half teams' and using Everton as an example is never going to end well!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes I do -

Bloom initially made his money from online betting companies and online poker sites - he then got involved with vulture funds. This is the basis of his wealth - online gambling and property speculation.

Starlizard is primarily designed to manipulate gambling in Asia - selling information to others and using the chaotic Asia gambling scene to hide large betting patterns. Most of his wealth is now found in vulture funds (another form of gambling).

Trying to make out that Bloom is some sort of clean cut guy who stumbled into his fortune is nonsense. Nobody make a billion without a lot of people being screwed in the process.

Nope, an hour googling and you're still just scratching the surface.

Going to have to do better.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes I do -

I don't think this conversation matters on this thread - It isn't helpful

You obviously feel a similar aggrievement to myself on the subject of the sacking but a sort of ''mud slinging exercise'' isn't helpful to either party. The relationship is terminated - Both Parties move on. Time will tell who needed who the most

It is sad that Chris has to start again but he has proven time and time again that he is a talented man and he will do it again. Many Brighton fans feel the same as we both do on the subject so we are not alone. I really like Tony when I have met him and Chris is a superb bloke and a true Gentleman. There is no mileage to be gained in your argument. I am the first person to throw my hat into a ring to fight to defend Chris but this isn't the sort of fight I would concern myself with.

I would leave it mate. When all is said and done, you can't do what some Brighton fans have done and use the last 23 games as a stick to beat Chris with. You have to take his tenure at the club as a whole and judge him on that. The history books will say ''he was a success'' - And wherever he goes next he will be a success there as well.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He's made his money out of being smarter than others. if you want to be part of his consortium the buy in is usually seven figures so TB isn't targetting the poor and stupid like the saps who spunk their money away each week at Bet365.

That is what he is doing now - he made his money from online poker sites that he sold for over £200million - then he put that money into vulture funds that manipulate the property and financial markets.

And if you think that his current gambling activities are not impacting on the Asian gambling market (where addiction is a massive problem among the mass of the Asian poor) then you are being more than a bit deluded.

By the way - billionaires are not smarter than ordinary working class people - they are just far more willing to exploit their fellow human beings for profit.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I don't think this conversation matters on this thread - It isn't helpful

You obviously feel a similar aggrievement to myself on the subject of the sacking but a sort of ''mud slinging exercise'' isn't helpful to either party. The relationship is terminated - Both Parties move on. Time will tell who needed who the most

It is sad that Chris has to start again but he has proven time and time again that he is a talented man and he will do it again. Many Brighton fans feel the same as we both do on the subject so we are not alone. I really like Tony when I have met him and Chris is a superb bloke and a true Gentleman. There is no mileage to be gained in your argument. I am the first person to throw my hat into a ring to fight to defend Chris but this isn't the sort of fight I would concern myself with.

I would leave it mate. When all is said and done, you can't do what some Brighton fans have done and use the last 23 games as a stick to beat Chris with. You have to take his tenure at the club as a whole and judge him on that. The history books will say ''he was a success'' - And wherever he goes next he will be a success there as well.

I agree - my comments about Bloom came from the fact that some are arguing that Bloom was acting in the best interest of the fans and the club - he isn't - he is playing the odds as he always does and acted in a way he considered to be in the best interests of his investment. If he needed the money in the morning he wouldn't think twice about driving the club into the ground if he felt it was in his interest to do so.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I agree - my comments about Bloom came from the fact that some are arguing that Bloom was acting in the best interest of the fans and the club - he isn't - he is playing the odds as he always does and acted in a way he considered to be in the best interests of his investment. If he needed the money in the morning he wouldn't think twice about driving the club into the ground if he felt it was in his interest to do so.

Oh do please f*** **f you ill informed bellend.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

I take it back, please keep posting. It's ****ing hilarious.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

This has got to be the biggest load of BS that’s been written since 9.30am on Monday.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

I've read some bordering-on nasty drivel over the last couple of days - but congratulations, you take the award for the most ill-judged, ill-informed, self-opinionated crap in that time. And you've been up against some stiff competition.

I shouldn't indulge you, but all Bloom has EVER done, is do what he thought best for the club. And given it's his own money (not debt against the club), he is unlikely to ever make decisions that will "run it into the ground".

You clearly know very little about Brighton as a club, or about Bloom (not many do), so take your narcissistic twaddle as far away from here as possible, you are embarrassing yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here