Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don't disagree with your general point, but having some experience at this level would be good. Nuno had time to settle at Wolves, and get his style of play across, while his players were better than the opposition. Potter wouldn't have that luxury with us, it would be in at the deep end.

It helped “Saint Nuno” to have a War Chest as big as Dolly Partons too.

I’ll admit that Wolves have been easy on the eye but let’s have it right. WW were premier league in all but name last term. Can’t remember such a one horse race in the Championship.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm surprised by the number of people who aren't happy with the potential appointment of Potter. He strikes me as a bold and exciting choice.

And I'm certainly disconcerted by the number of people who want a tried and tested PL manager (Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes, Hughes etc). It would do my nut in to see BFS roll up in the close season and waddle into the dugout.

Potter would signal a very different direction; it may not work, but it will be exciting
Agreed. Of course it would be a gamble. We could get relegated, and be looking to start again a division lower 12 months later. But Bloom knows that, which to me means he's happy to take the risk, and finance us should we fall back to the Championship. It would mean the club are trying something different in an attempt to take a step up. I'd rather we attempt that than bring in one of the old guard.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we employ an unexperienced manager who wants to play attacking football we're going to get ripped apart. Prepare for a long season. And remind yourselves to be careful what you wish for.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Swansea just trying to get £3m rather than the £1-1.5m we probably first offered. If we want him it is going to happen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we employ an unexperienced manager who wants to play attacking football we're going to get ripped apart. Prepare for a long season. And remind yourselves to be careful what you wish for.

I think you should email PB on this, the club obviously haven’t thought it through properly. Two BIG mistakes, one after the other too :smile:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Another good post.

I just wondered whether the coaches should have been in Chris’s ear more.

Too old school is fair as well, I mean we were so ineffective when pressed and then weren’t that good at it ourselves, and that is the way things are going at the minute.

Despite the above I am a Hughton man, great defensive organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a guess Trollop and Nevin may have been too complacent and just did their job putting the cones out. If they were inspirational coaches we may have kept them on, but it seems that they were not rated for a top half Prem side either.

It seems like they didn't do themselves any favours let alone Hughton, but this is pure speculation on my part..

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Sick of hearing this, this hasn't been fan lead. Pop an email to Barber and co lecturing them on being careful not to over-reach, not us. What does it even ****ing mean anyway? That we should always have the highest regard for the status quo and that change is bad?

We can only accept it as fans and try to be positive about it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think you should email PB on this, the club obviously haven’t thought it through properly. Two BIG mistakes, one after the other too :smile:

It's just an opinion. I don't claim to know better. As I'm sure you don't when you offer up your opinions on tactics, formations and squad selection. So there's really no need post such a snide remark.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sick of hearing this, this hasn't been fan lead.Pop an email to Barber and co lecturing them on being careful not to over-reach, not us. What does it even ****ing mean anyway? That we should always have the highest regard for the status quo and that change is bad?

You're telling me the witchhunts on here and twitter and the booing at games hasn't contributed to this change?
The fans also hounded Ashley Barnes out. Proving how little they know.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Sick of hearing this, this hasn't been fan lead. Pop an email to Barber and co lecturing them on being careful not to over-reach, not us. What does it even ****ing mean anyway? That we should always have the highest regard for the status quo and that change is bad?

Why would I email Barber? Obviously the club has a plan and is acting on it. Like anyone else I'm entitled to not be particularly happy with it. Do you email Barber every time you're unhappy about team selection and formation? Of course you don't because that's absurd - but it doesn't stop you having that opinion, does it?

And why the **** should I be positive about anything? I can feel however I like about whatever I like, thanks. Being totally delighted with every decision the club makes doesn't make you any more or less of a fan than I am. It makes your a morally superior dickhead, but no better than the rest of us I'm afraid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's just an opinion. I don't claim to know better. As I'm sure you don't when you offer up your opinions on tactics, formations and squad selection. So there's really no need post such a snide remark.

Not meant to be snide but telling us to be careful what we wish for is trite. I would take just about anything over the shit I’ve watched most of this season. The complete lack of ambition in just about very game, apart from a few that admittedly didn’t turn out well, is just unforgiveable negativity from a Premier League manager imo. I am delighted that there is now a chance that I won’t have to watch such fearful play next season.

I totally get it away from home against top sides but we were equally shit home and away toWest Brom and Millwall until we had to go for it.

The negativity was engrained and that was the driving force in me wanting to see a change.

You’re not happy about it, I get that too but if you thought my comments were snide, yours weren’t that much better.

I thought my comments were more childish than snide :smile:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here