• Neutral

Votes: 60 25.0%

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Only you can answer that. Maybe you've got relatives who're spurs fans? or maybe you were around in the days when Nicholson was their manager? I really don't know why you also support spurs? In truth I couldn't care less, I just hope Spurs don't win the CL so we can continue to win over support from our catchment area better than we have been doing in the past. Why is that a problem?

I dont think anyone seems to have a problem but you lol!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That doesn't actually make sense in relation to my question?

I'l repeat- I just hope Spurs don't win the CL so we can continue to win over support from our catchment area better than we have been doing in the past. Why is that a problem?

Your question/statement ideas dont make any sense.

You are branding posters like [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] as a spurs fan, when he is clearly a united fan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You are branding posters like [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION] as a spurs fan, when he is clearly a united fan

I'm still waiting for confirmation of my 'second team', that he SMELLED in my posts.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I thought I was a Chelsea fan. Or was it Arsenal. I just can't decide which team I want to follow.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I thought I was a Chelsea fan. Or was it Arsenal. I just can't decide which team I want to follow.

Who did I accuse you of supporting?

surely thats the answer?

Edit: Can someone point me to where I've accused you of supporting Spurs/ Chelsea/ arsenal? Like the ' Withdean was always a sell out' I'm clearly missing obvious stuff right in front of my own eyes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Who did I accuse you of supporting?

surely thats the answer?

Edit: Can someone point me to where I've accused you of supporting Spurs/ Chelsea/ arsenal? Like the ' Withdean was always a sell out' I'm clearly missing obvious stuff right in front of my own eyes.

You didn't, I was joking with KG.

Your whole narrative in this thread is hilarious though.

- You state 75% of The Amex crowd has a second team, as a FACT.
- Then you back this up with evidence of Spurs fans going to LONDON on to watch Spurs play
- Further back this up by saying how small the Withdean crowds were

Then you completely change your tune

- You agree when we suggest it's because the Withdean was a bit shit (contradicting the previous point) and we were a bit shit a lot of the time
- State that it was actually an opinion, rather than a fact.
- You talk about how we now get more fans from our catchment area

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
You didn't, I was joking with KG.

Your whole narrative in this thread is hilarious though.

- You state 75% of The Amex crowd has a second team, as a FACT.
Where did I say fact? and how can you disprove loads of the new fans since the amex era, don't have 2nd clubs?

- Then you back this up with evidence of Spurs fans going to LONDON on to watch Spurs play
So?

- Further back this up by saying how small the Withdean crowds were
Which they were?

- then you completely change your tune

- You agree when we suggest it's because the Withdean was a bit shit (contradicting the previous point) and we were a bit shit a lot of the time
Pretty sure I said some of the best days of my life were at Withdean, I might have even mentioned us winning 3 league titles there. But go ahead, I'm obviously making it all up.

-- State that it was actually an opinion, rather than a fact.
and there was me thinking football was a game of opinions. Obviously not..

- You talk about how we now get more fans from our catchment area
Nope. I said I hope Spurs don't win the CL so we (Brighton) can continue to win over fans from our catchment area better than we used to (i.e. the Withdean era)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
That doesn't actually make sense in relation to my question?

I'l repeat- I just hope Spurs don't win the CL so we can continue to win over support from our catchment area better than we have been doing in the past. Why is that a problem?

That's a fair comment, but a far cry from where you first set off which was along the lines of "most albion fans follow another team" which is utter nonsense and something a fanbase of a certain club up the road perpetuate.

You sound like a 'where were you at Withdean?' type. People have different tolerances, personally I enjoy lower league football but I understand that some people don't. We would lose fans if we were relegated, and even more if we were relegated again. That is not unusual.

What TB and the stadium have provided is a future for the club and it is absolutely no surprise with the catchment area we have, that we have attracted new fans and old fans back because of it.

If you were making a case on the population of Brighton and surrounding area having split alliegances then I'd be more inclined to agree, since we have a couple of generations of "oh by the way how did Brighton do?" types which is understandable.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
People have different tolerances, personally I enjoy lower league football but I understand that some people don't. We would lose fans if we were relegated, and even more if we were relegated again. That is not unusual.

surely that just proves my initial point that Brighton has loads of fans with 2nd teams?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
surely that just proves my initial point that Brighton has loads of fans with 2nd teams?

No it doesn't. Some people are albion through and through but don't want to watch shit being served up, at least on a weekly basis.

Hence why we had over 30k unique home visitors in the Withdean era but average crowds of only 6-7k.

Just because someone stops going to games doesn't mean they have parted ways with their allegiances and toddled off to support another club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here