Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two punch ups in the north?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I don't really seen the issue as long as they don't wear colours and keep themselves to themselves, pretty hypocritical IMO when you think of the amount of BHA fans who have been in the home ends as they cannot get tickets in the away end in our first PL season.
This. Goes on at The Amex and everywhere else.

I put two tickets on the Exchange and ended up with two Everton fans next to me. Father and son kept quiet throughout until the last minute when the son couldn't help himself and audibly urged Pickford to go forward... a hard stare was sufficient retribution.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't really seen the issue as long as they don't wear colours and keep themselves to themselves, pretty hypocritical IMO when you think of the amount of BHA fans who have been in the home ends as they cannot get tickets in the away end in our first PL season.
Agree with that. As I said, the one near me kept quiet and left early. He fitted right in in WSL.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Saw this on Twitter:
View attachment 103403

Further on in the thread someone posts:

Replying to [MENTION=14985]Gaz[/MENTION]bod
There was a large group of fans in the main stand begging for Chelsea shirts as they went off at the end.

No plastics at Palace.....
20181231_090759.jpg

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I've done it at Liverpool,Man utd and Swansea last season

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This. Goes on at The Amex and everywhere else.

I put two tickets on the Exchange and ended up with two Everton fans next to me. Father and son kept quiet throughout until the last minute when the son couldn't help himself and audibly urged Pickford to go forward... a hard stare was sufficient retribution.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The best thing is to go over the top with them if/when we score, I had one in front of me over the top back slaps etc. :)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Further on in the thread someone posts:

Replying to [MENTION=14985]Gaz[/MENTION]bod
There was a large group of fans in the main stand begging for Chelsea shirts as they went off at the end.

Please tell me there is a photo of this somewhere to shut up all the Palace divs with their "everyone at the Amex supports Chelsea" crap.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The best thing is to go over the top with them if/when we score, I had one in front of me over the top back slaps etc. :)

Did this at the West Ham away 0-1 (Butters?) Championship game, all around us shouted "You're rubbish etc etc West Ham" in a nasty snarling way, so we joined in, until one bloke tapped me on the shoulder and said "Enjoy the game but don't take the p1ss", I sat down and said nothing until the train got to Arundel!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know a couple of Brighton-based Newcastle fans who have an Amex Bronze memberships simply to go that one game a season .... £70 all in to see their club as a special one off isn’t prohibitive. A Spurs fan mate does the same too. You can bet that a lot of Plastic Gooners do the same.

I had similar at Blackburn, Wigan and Fulham a few years ago. Now I think of it, I was once a member of the Aldershot equivalent of NSC. What was I thinking?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Over the years as a Liverpool-based fan I’ve been in the home ends quite a few times. I (try very hard to) never cheer the Albion and stand and clap politely if the opposition score. When we score I have sometimes let out a muffled scream and followed that with “JESUS that was crap defending”! My worst experience in recent memory was at Aston Villa in that final gave in the championship where I was with a work friend who is an ardent Villa fan and his wife who is a lifetine Brighton fan but often goes with him to Villa games. Ian really let rip (for three of us) when Villa scored that late goal. It was very painful!.

One time I did cheer a Brighton goal was when Lualua scored the equaliser from a brilliant free kick in the last FA Cup game at Anfield. Four Brighton fans (who I didn’t know were there) went up behind me and I couldn’t resist joining in. The scousers basically ignored us and after all the own goals, I guess we suffered enough!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The thing is, the club are tapping into a new generation of fans/kids who are 6yr-13yr and alot of them are going to support Liverpool, City Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Barca, Real etc because of players like Hazard, Ronaldo, Sterling and so on, but they still go to Brighton matches. BUT season after season the same kids will hopefully build more and more of a bond with Brighton and hopefully/eventually their kids will purely be Brighton fans. There are plenty of ST holder at work who take their young Chelsea/Brighton fan kids to the games, it is to be expected tbh.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Did this at the West Ham away 0-1 (Butters?) Championship game, all around us shouted "You're rubbish etc etc West Ham" in a nasty snarling way, so we joined in, until one bloke tapped me on the shoulder and said "Enjoy the game but don't take the p1ss", I sat down and said nothing until the train got to Arundel!
I was in the home end for that game which was a strange experience to say the least, even the stewards looked scared when we scored and the locals got narky.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thomas Cook packages? Because Liverpool and ManU fans rarely pass on tickets, except to family.

My husband was given two Man Utd tickets last season for our league game up there (deflected shot off Lewis Dunk) from a rep at his work. We could see the Brighton fans to the left and slightly below us. We clapped politely when they scored.
They were cards like ours, and returned to him on the Monday.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The thing is, the club are tapping into a new generation of fans/kids who are 6yr-13yr and alot of them are going to support Liverpool, City Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Barca, Real etc because of players like Hazard, Ronaldo, Sterling and so on, but they still go to Brighton matches. BUT season after season the same kids will hopefully build more and more of a bond with Brighton and hopefully/eventually their kids will purely be Brighton fans. There are plenty of ST holder at work who take their young Chelsea/Brighton fan kids to the games, it is to be expected tbh.

This.

Taking our kids to Brighton and Hove’s parks in the noughties, you rarely saw an Albion top, instead the usual clubs with huge support.

I think that’s swung the other way now. I hope PB has deals with schools for tickets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I saw an interview with Ashley Barnes recently, where he said his eldest son was a Brighton fan. He spent 4 years with us, which was obviously enough for his young son to fall in love with us, and he hasn't swerved to support Burnley.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was in the home end for that game which was a strange experience to say the least, even the stewards looked scared when we scored and the locals got narky.

I think because a mate got me the seat in the home end those around were a "little" more forgiving but I didn't need telling twice!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here