Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gross - ready to play?

Will Gross be back for Saturday’s game

• Total voters

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So after coming up for three months out will we see our German Maestro back on Saturday?

I got the impression he’d be ready after the International Break but having read the Argus today there seems to be a doubt that he’ll be back for Saturday

Whaddya think?

Don’t forget to vote Harry Wilson’s tackle:smile:

Even if fit I dion't think there is any chance of him actually making the starting line up, he has simply been out for too long to waltz straight back into the team. With the Argus this morning indicating that Andone could be playing a prominent part, I think it's uinlikely that Gross will be involved this weekend.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting points, GM was more a question of protocol than recovering from an injury so to speak because he was probably fine the next day. Dunk probably went on to make 2 mistakes in the Fulham game that may or may not have been injury related.

As an aside, does anyone recall the last Albion player to be bought back from injury only to break down during a game? I can't remember one...

Does Andone count? Can’t remember if he came off in that friendly because of injury or he was injured after.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Chris Hughton will reveal all in about 10 minutes.

and not sure The Argus revealed anything we didn't all know tbh.
"Hughton is likely to stick with his tried and trusted 4-4-1-1 formation against Leicester, with Solly March continuing in the No.10 role if Pascal Gross is not ready to start after almost three months out with ankle trouble."

What has been revealed?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Home game weltmeister.Will start,after all, it's only Leicester.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What has been revealed?

sorry. press conferences are either thursday lunchtime or friday mornings. This week it appears to be Friday so no news.
Looks like Maddison (definitely) and Vardy (possibly) in Leicester squad post injuries though.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
sorry. press conferences are either thursday lunchtime or friday mornings. This week it appears to be Friday so no news.
Looks like Maddison (definitely) and Vardy (possibly) in Leicester squad post injuries though.

“Pascal is a very fit lad - he's clear of the injury now and he's fit to start.

"He's ready to start against [MENTION=21604]LCFC[/MENTION] and that's a decision I have to make."

#BHAFC ��⚪

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Hughton goes for an attacking line-up. With Maguire out and Vardy, Maddison doubtful Leicester are likely to be below full strength.

I'd like to see Gross start. March is better coming off the bench anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope Hughton goes for an attacking line-up. With Maguire out and Vardy, Maddison doubtful Leicester are likely to be below full strength.

Just the 8 defenders, heady dayz.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
“Pascal is a very fit lad - he's clear of the injury now and he's fit to start.

"He's ready to start against [MENTION=21604]LCFC[/MENTION] and that's a decision I have to make."

#BHAFC ��⚪

Starting then. I for one am delighted. Not expecting any miracles, but great to have the magician back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I'd like to see Gross start. March is better coming off the bench anyway.

I'd like to see Pascal start too, but after three months out I can't see conservative Chris naming him in the starting eleven. Bench at best for me.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm pretty sure that happened to Sam Baldock.

As per the post to you the other day, can you give details please, opposition, score at the time, minute he was injured, type of injury, did he limp off or stretcher, who helped carry him?

I'm pretty sure that 'I'm pretty sure' is not good enough. :thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd like to see Pascal start too, but after three months out I can't see conservative Chris naming him in the starting eleven. Bench at best for me.

Chris maybe conservative, but we saw that where his best players are concerned, Dunk ankle, Murray concussion, he'll bring them back as soon as they're ready.

Given no one has staked a claim to Gross's spot, fully expect him to start. That press conference quote almost feels like justification for throwing him straight back in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he doesn't do at least 3 Cruyff Turns in the first half, mark my words he'll be injured when he comes over to take a corner in the second half. :lolol:

#WeWantOurTurnsBack.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We Albion fans are a strange breed, after Gross's penalty miss at the Amex against Fulham in September cost us victory, many of us were clamouring for him to be dropped. Here we are not too may weeks later, excited about his likely return to the side.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Not according to my invite it wasn't. Where did you read it was Friday?

2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 13 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Leicester City
Saturday 24th November, 2018 – 1500 BST

Dear all,

Please find below details of our Manager's Press Conference:

DATE: Thursday 22nd November
TIME: 1.30pm
VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Mash Barn Lane, Lancing BN15 9FP
SUBJECT: Chris Hughton

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not according to my invite it wasn't. Where did you read it was Friday?

2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE MATCHDAY 13 BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION v Leicester City
Saturday 24th November, 2018 – 1500 BST

Dear all,

Please find below details of our Manager's Press Conference:

DATE: Thursday 22nd November
TIME: 1.30pm
VENUE: American Express Elite Football Performance Centre, Mash Barn Lane, Lancing BN15 9FP
SUBJECT: Chris Hughton

Ha ! it must have started about 20 minutes late. so i assumed it was tomorrow (occasionally it is). then i logged out of NSC and did something else (i know !!).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So after coming up for three months out will we see our German Maestro back on Saturday?

I got the impression he’d be ready after the International Break but having read the Argus today there seems to be a doubt that he’ll be back for Saturday

Whaddya think?

Don’t forget to vote Harry Wilson’s tackle:smile:

Oh goody.....I will vote, but only if you promise me that my vote, like in any election, will affect the outcome. And, can you add a "Will set up our three goals" option?

:whistle::rolleyes:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ha ! it must have started about 20 minutes late. so i assumed it was tomorrow (occasionally it is). then i logged out of NSC and did something else (i know !!).

I was being facetious. As a man who deals in hard facts and direct quotes, I knew you were out on a limb by taking a guess there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here