Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Richard Keogh

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
No thanks he can’t play the passing game and doesn’t look comfortable on the ball

Blimey, I do wonder what games people have watched. Keogh is no Paolo Maldini, but he's definitely mobile, he's very competent on the ball (bizarre to suggest otherwise), reason he's not a premier league player is that he has not irregular brain farts. Frustrates Derby fans regularly but like I said, that's why he's in the championship.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
potentially but doesn't have the experience which he would get if he stayed here but apparently he is destined to go out on loan again after Thursday.

How would he gain experience staying here? Much more chance of first team games with a Champ club...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Blimey, I do wonder what games people have watched. Keogh is no Paolo Maldini, but he's definitely mobile, he's very competent on the ball (bizarre to suggest otherwise), reason he's not a premier league player is that he has not irregular brain farts. Frustrates Derby fans regularly but like I said, that's why he's in the championship.

And that’s why we should steer well clear... thank you for the expert input...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How would he gain experience staying here? Much more chance of first team games with a Champ club...

Caribou Cup
FA Cup
U23s against Premier clubs U23s better than League 2.
Plus odd occasions in the league if we are winning well.

All adds to his playing experience which is better than he would get with a League 1 or 2 club as I dont think a Championship club will be chasing him.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Caribou Cup
FA Cup
U23s against Premier clubs U23s better than League 2.
Plus odd occasions in the league if we are winning well.

All adds to his playing experience which is better than he would get with a League 1 or 2 club as I dont think a Championship club will be chasing him.

So you've turned champ into league 2.

Anyway how many games is he realistically going to play in the cups,?

Also have a word with yourself. He is going to learn things playing competitive senior football that he wouldn't playing in a u23 team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you've turned champ into league 2.

Anyway how many games is he realistically going to play in the cups,?

Also have a word with yourself. He is going to learn things playing competitive senior football that he wouldn't playing in a u23 team.

Premier U23s would be better than Div 1 or 2 regulars.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It really does feel that we want a HGP centre back at all costs, personally I’d forget it and go with a 24 man squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It really does feel that we want a HGP centre back at all costs, personally I’d forget it and go with a 24 man squad.

I agree and keep White as insurance against a serious injury to one of our CBs. Not sure how the loan system works now and whether or not we can loan him out with immediate recall if needed. If not it would be back to the old tried and tested out of contract as CH did recently with Forren, I think his name was or very similar.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I agree and keep White as insurance against a serious injury to one of our CBs. Not sure how the loan system works now and whether or not we can loan him out with immediate recall if needed. If not it would be back to the old tried and tested out of contract as CH did recently with Forren, I think his name was or very similar.

A 24 man squad only allows us to bring in another out of contract player if we have got ALL our over 21 players off the books - including the injured Ahannach.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A 24 man squad only allows us to bring in another out of contract player if we have got ALL our over 21 players off the books - including the injured Ahannach.

Or U23s.

Why pay over the odds for ordinary players?

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No recalls allowed.
Are you STILL banging on about bringing in a has-been ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here