Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian cowards

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also next week will be carnage. England, Wales & Russia will all be in Lille together for a few days...

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
We've been out here. There's probably 2 or 3 different elements to this.

English have been playing up a bit yes, but the police are doing nothing except fire baton rounds and throw tear gas. They don't seem interested in arresting anyone, their tactics are just to fire some tear gas, break up angry crowd who get angrier and move on. 6 arrests for the whole day prove this and it's piss poor, antagonistic policing.

Then there is the Russia thing. We were in the square a few roads back from the port, very peaceful, singing etc. There was about 20 police there at a distant but seemingly were called down into the port. Once there was no police in the square about 10mins later a good couple of hundred of Russians came flying down side streets. Throwing tables, chairs, bottles on unsuspecting England fans. We are talking largely shirters rather than any English 'lads' and just battered anyone in the way, including women.

This then escalated and moved back down into the port which was mayhem. They had clearly planned it very carefully for maximum carnage. Never seen anything like it when they stormed the square.

They talk about the French dealing with ISIS but if they can't stop a couple of hundred Russian lads what hope have we got !

Keep your head down and get back in one piece!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think the most telling stat is this:

Kane did not have a single touch in the opposition box against Russia.
Why is our only striker on the pitch taking corners?

Was that Rooneys first game as midfield maestro for England? I think it might be and if so why oh why trial in a tournament. He was good but got easily dispossessed a few times. And not to bring on Vardy with say 30 mins to ago against an old and tiring central defenders is bizarre. And to sit back when we went one nil up......and Milner ffs

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Back in 1982 England were put in bilbao, an area that was pro British due to the fact they hate Madrid led Spain and so they liked us because of Gibraltar

In 1990 we were put out of the way in sardinia

But now tournaments tend to operate more on sharing games around which makes it harder to do this and so contributes to the kind of clashes seen this weekend due to transitory fans.

With the history of marseilles in 1998 where locals triggered a lot of scenes it was always a concern it would occur again. The locals assisting Russians was an angle that is distressing and not one I'd seen worried about pre tournament.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Russians are not cowards....just well organised and not pissed up.
They cracked on in the stadium and had England running...now that's not cowards.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The way I see it is that there are people there to fight from every country. Russia, England France Germany Czech Republic and almost every nation over there.

What is happening is that sadly innocent bystanders and people who don't want to fight are getting caught up in it and that's a real shame. I would say right all those who want to fight put them in one big boxing ring and let them batter **** out of each other and leave everyone else to get on and enjoy the football. Then pick up the broken bones of the fighters after they have had their fill of it and ship them all home.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Back in 1982 England were put in bilbao, an area that was pro British due to the fact they hate Madrid led Spain and so they liked us because of Gibraltar

In 1990 we were put out of the way in sardinia

But now tournaments tend to operate more on sharing games around which makes it harder to do this and so contributes to the kind of clashes seen this weekend due to transitory fans.

With the history of marseilles in 1998 where locals triggered a lot of scenes it was always a concern it would occur again. The locals assisting Russians was an angle that is distressing and not one I'd seen worried about pre tournament.

Brittany would have been a more suitable area to host this game you'd have thunk. Wales are based there for the tournament.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
So the Poles attacking the Northern Irish adds to the narrative that it is not the British as aggressors , but the British are the targets and idiots blame the English for starting it.

Poles and Irish got along fine,aggressors were French ultras.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So the Poles attacking the Northern Irish adds to the narrative that it is not the British as aggressors , but the British are the targets and idiots blame the English for starting it.
[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION]

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
And these ''hardcore'' steroided up russian thugs , completely melted when faced with english fans who DID want to fight.

did they .....??? the attack on the fans behind the goal was a choreographed assault , the start of which was signalled by letting off a flare .....organised attacks by one set of fans on another ,inside the ground , during the game are one thing..........pissed up , running battles in the street are another.......let's see what uefa have to say/ do about it......!!! i have got a few mates over there and from what they are saying they are basically getting ambushed , pelted with bottles and furniture at just about every turn.....most of my pals are approaching 50 , 2 of them have got their wives with them.....in the current climate i don't think anyone was expecting any trouble at all let alone shyte of this magnitude.......flares inside the ground .....no security checks then...?? joke ...and a bad one at that .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Russians are not cowards....just well organised and not pissed up.
They cracked on in the stadium and had England running...now that's not cowards.

It wasn't proper English they rushed. Was neutrals and shirters...

synavm

May 2, 2013
Any repeat and I'd say you'd need to ban Russian fans from attending any more games in the tournament. At the moment I'd hope that the police are trying to identify the attackers and they be arrested and deported from France immediately.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
did they .....??? the attack on the fans behind the goal was a choreographed assault , the start of which was signalled by letting off a flare .....organised attacks by one set of fans on another ,inside the ground , during the game are one thing..........pissed up , running battles in the street are another.......let's see what uefa have to say/ do about it......!!! i have got a few mates over there and from what they are saying they are basically getting ambushed , pelted with bottles and furniture at just about every turn.....most of my pals are approaching 50 , 2 of them have got their wives with them.....in the current climate i don't think anyone was expecting any trouble at all let alone shyte of this magnitude.......flares inside the ground .....no security checks then...?? joke ...and a bad one at that .
yes they did.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Rebekah Vardy seems to be suggesting on twitter that french police closed the gates shutting the England fans in before the game and then tear gassed them.

Edited upon further reading

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here