Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Stan Collymores column was all about how Wolves are only team to be capable of stopping City winning the Cup. There was absolutely no mention of us , at all, not one word. He just assumes City are in the Final.
Yes, I now he’s a women beating bellend, but , bloody hell it annoyed me.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You ain't seen nothing yet, and sadly you never will.

Assuming City win we will be told just how and why City won.
If they were to lose we will be told just how and why City lost.

Eventually you'll hear 30 secs of chat that'll start with:-

'I guess we should say something about Brighton, before all their fans complain'.

Albion fans can be just as bad.

If we lose the semi final (which is highly likely), there’ll be a whole load of supporters blaming CH or certain usual suspects amongst the players. “A lost once in a generation opportunity, blah, blah, blah, no thanks to ........ FALL GUY”.

Last edited:

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Just finished listening to "The Game" podcast by the Times while I was in the gym at lunch-time.

Obviously City are favourites, but my God, the way they completely dismiss us, & to some degree Watford, it really is breathtaking stuff.
Monday's episode, if you have a chance, give it a listen. Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

CH should play a couple of soundbites to the team, made me really angry anyway, because the big teams ALWAYS win, don't they? ???

I love the underdog title! However the big question is which Albion will turn up at Wembley? If we are safe we will throw the kitchen sink at this no doubt but I don't think we will be safe.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We're going to take their Cup.

And then we're going to take their League.

and then their WOMEN

...actually they can keep their women.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Surely it's just one of many reasons why you don't listen to that nonsense, along with Talkshite.

I love sport, but can't be bothered with any of that crap.

I listen to Alan Brazil on breakfast because he really likes Brighton, well, Hughton and always gives us a fair appraisal but turn off when Jim White and that Prick Simon Jordan come on. What a prize ******** he is.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Think about it though, 3 pts against Stains is safety, with a good handful still to play, and a pressure free hit at the FA Cup Final. Go out and express yourselves lads, they've all written you off, go have fun!

That sounds exactly like a Chris Hughton team talk - not.

These are a good side. Stay compact, keep your shape, be in it with 15 minutes to go.
Solly, no going over the halfway line.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We can go, and watch the game, and relax. There is no pressure on us at all, because everyone is expecting us to lose. I'm referring to the club and fans as opposed to the team.

Hughton has won a cup at Wembley, as a manager, so he will know how to handle the team and his expectations.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You ain't seen nothing yet, and sadly you never will.

Assuming City win we will be told just how and why City won.
If they were to lose we will be told just how and why City lost.

Eventually you'll hear 30 secs of chat that'll start with:-

'I guess we should say something about Brighton, before all their fans complain'.

Yes but we don'y have any fans (in Plymouth, or in Cockneywankerland, giving it the big 'un, from their arm chair) do we?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Of course nobody gives us a chance, that’s to be expected. Football is not like that though. For them we will look like cannon fodder in their quest for the 4 trophies on offer this season. For us, providing we stay up it will have been a fantastic season. This is a free hit for us and you never know what could happen.
Just ask Scotland.

Scotland are not big favourites against anyone.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Our name has been on the cup this season that is my belief. Before I leave this mortal coil I want to see “and Smith must score” avenged and this is the year. Up for the cup, you bet.

You're almost right. Andone must score........:goal:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our name has been on the cup this season that is my belief. Before I leave this mortal coil I want to see “and Smith must score” avenged and this is the year. Up for the cup, you bet.

I have felt the very same. I'm probably much younger than you (just over 60) and I want a bit of glory before I die. It is what I always wanted, and believed I'd get, back when I sat in the Gordon Road stand, watching the worst kind of thundercunterry and cockwomblissimus in a civilised league anywhere proclaiming to be the home of a professional English football club. No team has come back from such utter defenestration to mount a successful cup bid, not ever, never. Fact.

I will be getting my tickets tomorrow (thanks to Mrs T diligently surfing our buy pages as I sit on some dreadful committee) and I am expecting glory. Anything short of a hard won, completely against the run of play, fluketastic narrow victory will be a crushing disappointment.

:O:lolol::cheers:.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here