Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] A nation divided like never before- who do you blame

Who are you blaming? Multiple votes allowed

• Total voters

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Really you blame Corbyn for this! Just out of intrest were would David Cameron and Teresa May sit on your list?
Pretty high for Cameron - he was stupid/naive/arrogant, although it’s easy to say that in hindsight when at the time really very few people believed brexit would win the vote. Theresa May has an impossible job to do, surrounded by a bunch of baying, howling, self-serving, self-aggrandising, intransigent idiots, lunatics and *****, few of whom seem to give a shit about their country or the people they are meant to represent.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not with remainers, obviously, who desperately want to find a way to just forget about the whole thing and stay in the EU - but had he handled matters in a statesman-like way and tried to assist the PM rather than sniping snidely from the sidelines, with his only aim being to get into no.10 himself and sod the rest of the country, then we would be leaving the EU in eight days time, with a deal,and with the damaging uncertainty ended and starting towards building a new future outside the EU. The current uncertainty is damaging - all Corbyn has done is to make sure it lasts as long as possible.
While it is true that Corbyn isn't the only one to have tried to mess things up in a big way, #MeandmtMonkey certainly made a good point.

So you now believe we should leave on TM's deal?

If only those swivel-eyed loons hadn't voted against it :)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The people.

We’ve allowed emotions to trump truth.

It’s our bed. Let’s go lie in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Blame culture. We don’t need it.

Who’s gonna see this mess for what it is and help us fix it?
There is no fix.

Except crashing out, having the army on the streets, food shortage riots etc. and it being so so bad that 'everyone' agrees that....

... an emergency joining of EFTA must happen, and with it being part of the EEA. And a customs arrangement with a customs border in the Irish Sea.

I'd cut out the dystopia bit in the middle, but sadly we are ruled by buffoons.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
AKA the Tories.

No, to broad a description, personally I blame Cameron, ERG and the Labour MPs who want BREXIT but are blocking just to tow the party line, we're playing politics rather than doing the right thing for the electorate and country. Before anyone blows a gasket I voted remain but once the outcome was known I then got behind BREXIT.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I share your loathing but you can no more blame him than the leader of any other organization that has no power and no meaningful influence on this process. He could have camped on Parliament square screaming 'no Brexit!!!' with a daffodil up his arse, and it would have made no difference. Or he could have whipped his MPs to support May's plan - that would have gone down well.

Doing nothing but sit quietly watching his own internal clusterf**k hasn't exactly worked for him though, has it?

Of course the Tories are to blame, but luckily a shitstorm of this enormity means there's plenty of spare blame that can be appropriated elsewhere, and much of that lands at Corbyn's feet. (along with Twitter, Russia, and the standard of journalism)

Those people (even those on here) that would have you believe that Corbyn's Labour Party carry no blame whatsoever for this f**k up are the people who close the political circle by holding hands with the supporters of EDR & Farridge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Everyone who voted leave without releasing that the current clusterfunk of a situation was the inevitable outcome.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Tories.

They own this from beginning to end.
They called the referendum.
LOST a working majority in an ill-judged election.
Set red lines for negotiations that were always going to limit the scope for any deal that would not damage the UK.
They proceeded to negotiate a deal which satisfied neither leavers or retainers and was doomed to fail.
They were found in CONTEMPT of parliament
The deal failed TWICE by record majorities.
No genuine attempt made to cross party line to find a deal parliament could support.
Wasted three months running down the clock to leave us in this perilous position.
Finally end up trashing parliamentary democracy out of sheer stubbornness.

Meanwhile in the background the NHS is suffering, schools are desperate for cash, knife crime rockets, police force slashed, local authorities funding slashed, social services slashed, community and mental health services slashed.

The Tories and ONLY the Tories are to blame for this. Get them out!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a shame I'm no longer allowed to post new threads and it seems to upset the snowflakes.

If I were I'd ask:-

But who has come out of this process with their heads held high?

Sure I can only think of 1 possible answer, that being:-

THE EU.

In the absence of any other candidates, I'd like to congratulate the EU for playing an absolute blinder.
Sure all they've had to do is hand out the hangman's rope, but they've hardly put a foot wrong, which shows an impressive degree of unity.

There has to be some twitchy trigger fingers across the channel and yet they've kept it all under wraps and have quietly and calmly watched the UK, tie their own noose and put it's own head into it.

Chapeau fellas, great teamwork.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Would have been nice for there to be some sort of political party amnesty, with everyone working together, rather than certain party leaders making it clear that their main agenda was to get into power.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Disagree, we are ruled by a pretty clever and nasty power base who felt threatened by potential EU action on tax avoidance and they have forced the vote to happen and to manipulate the media to influence it.

True, the more complex reality is that an unholy alliance was formed between the tax avoidance self interest group, along with 55 Tufton Street, the never-gone-away Atlantic Bridge crew, all neatly pushed along by the dark menace in the east.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here