Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's actually pretty disgusting those that lead us are utter utter scum

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A glimmer of hope, but then again we are run by buffoons...

..."Secondly, the UK’s current Treaty rights under the EEAA would greatly reduce the risk of chaos in the event of failure to conclude a withdrawal agreement."...

Article linked to written in August, still holds today :

https://twitter.com/george_yarrow/status/1108414022754406400?s=19

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Operation Yellowhammer from Monday I read.

Is it time someone started a 'no deal Brexit - where will you build your bunker, and how will you dry and preserve meats and fruits' thread?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A complete failure of leadership. She will go down in history alongside Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden.

Unlike those two though she has no standing, gravitas or respect abroad merely on account of her job title - that's her legacy of being Prime Minister of The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and what's happened to this country's diminished reputation on her watch.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Turned up late for her own statement, and blamed everyone other than herself for this crisis.

Totally useless and by some distance the worst PM this country has had in modern times (if not ever)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That petition is currently going up at around 200 signatures per second.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Theresa May:
29 Mar 17: Triggers Art 50 (starts 2yr clock)
18 Apr: Calls Election 20 days later
8 Jun: Election (3 mths wasted)
14 Nov 18: Deal done
12 Dec: Cancels Parliament vote on deal
15 Jan 19: Rejected. Delays
12 Mar: Rejected
20 Mar: Blames Parliament for delay

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Theresa May:
29 Mar 17: Triggers Art 50 (starts 2yr clock)
18 Apr: Calls Election 20 days later
8 Jun: Election (3 mths wasted)
14 Nov 18: Deal done
12 Dec: Cancels Parliament vote on deal
15 Jan 19: Rejected. Delays
12 Mar: Rejected
20 Mar: Blames Parliament for delay

It almost rhymes...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The thing is, she basically said in that speech - 'Right, you lot can have Brexit with my deal, Brexit with no deal, revoke Brexit, or have a people' vote - and you need to make a choice now'. But, what are the chances of her actually putting that exact choice to the MPs? She won't will she - she'll just bring her deal back again for a yes/no. She keeps banging on about MPs saying what they don't want, but not what they do want. Well - that's rubbish. I would think that a softer Brexit right now would get a huge support of MPs, and the EU would love to offer that deal as well (the current one is far from the 'only deal on the table' really). But she won't let MPs vote on that either.

So, basically, she has shut down any opportunity for MPs to actually tell her what they do want (which she is pretending to ask for), solely because what the majority of MPs would go for is not what the hard right in her party would go for.

It's not the MPs as a whole to blame, it's her unbudging attitude she should be looking at.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I have said. Tories, and anyone who supports this arrogant clueless piece of shit supposedkt leading the country , are utter scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here