Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three more wins

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think the situation is that we need to win 1+ of the Leicester or Huddersfield games, and then use that as a springboard towards 36/37 points.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Ive got a bad feeling re Huddersfield. Everyone assumes we will beat them, "a nailed on 3 points"??? (and I hope they are right), but we have a fairly poor record against them and it wouldn't surprise me to see a Burnley type result happen.

The poor record against Huddersfield isn’t quite true. We have a poor record away at Huddersfield (that improved with a win this season) but a good record at home.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The games we have left where we should be targeting points are:
Leicester (a)
Huddersfield (h)
Palace (a)
Southampton (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Newcastle (h)
Cardiff (h)

I’m sure we’ll get at least 9 points from these games and probably more like 12.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ive got a bad feeling re Huddersfield. Everyone assumes we will beat them, "a nailed on 3 points"??? (and I hope they are right), but we have a fairly poor record against them and it wouldn't surprise me to see a Burnley type result happen. I really hope we can get it together soon and that the sunshine training camp has helped. No game in this division should be considered a banker - they are all tough even against the bottom teams.

I agree Huddersfield isn’t the walkover some think it’ll be, but that “poor record against them” has seen us play then 6 times at the Amex, and we’ve yet to lose to them there. 3 wins, 3 draws. I’m not sure it’s fair to call that a poor record.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I agree Huddersfield isn’t the walkover some think it’ll be, but that “poor record against them” has seen us play then 6 times at the Amex, and we’ve yet to lose to them there. 3 wins, 3 draws. I’m not sure it’s fair to call that a poor record.

However that's getting 3 points 50% of the time when most are assuming it's an easy win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
However that's getting 3 points 50% of the time when most are assuming it's an easy win.

Is there really anyone on here who can see an easy win in any of our remaining games. Not me, I see plenty of banana skins. Need the Albion to spring a totally unexpected win, something history tells us is certainly likely. The supposedly easy ones are where we tend to fall over.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So let's be honest....win against town...nailed on. 3 points

Cardiff.....not bailed on but should win. 3 points

Southampton...not convinced we will beat them....1 point

Newcastle.....think they are better than us at the moment. 0 points.

Bournemouth....they are a better team but I think a draw....1 point.

Can't see us winning any way....maybe a point against palace. 1

Think that's it.

Will 9 points do it?
Bournemouth will probably be our easiest remaining game. They are abysmal away and will be on the beach.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
On paper 3 wins is very doable, but as we know football isn’t played on paper and when you throw increased pressure into the mix then i’m worried. We look very fragile whenever we concede a goal at the moment, the West Ham & Fulham games being the perfect example of this. We need to start showing the fight, passion and intensity that we saw against Palace - every game needs to be treated like a derby game now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is there really anyone on here who can see an easy win in any of our remaining games. Not me, I see plenty of banana skins. Need the Albion to spring a totally unexpected win, something history tells us is certainly likely. The supposedly easy ones are where we tend to fall over.

Aye no easy games....the old adage one game at a time for me.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Post #8 for example

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We’ve had none over the past month so I’d say we’re due a change also players who can make a difference coming back from injury (izquierdo and jahanbksh) and players like bissouma fitting better now. I’d be very surprised if we went down. Finishing 17th is still a good achievement for us

Why is finishing 17th a good achievement for us ?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
As a gambling man I might put money on one win; against Bournemouth.
I'm not a gambling man.
I don't like thinking it but I have no confidence in us getting a win against any of the others.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we are fortunate enough to stay up this season, we need to sign a couple of decent strikers regardless of the cost. I always feel we are toothless in most of the games we play. We create a lot of chances but don't convert them any where near as often as we should.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just staying up will do for me, that is itself an achievement when you think of our paucity upfront.

We spent the 6th most in players over the 2 seasons and 6th from bottom wages bills so 17th is not an achievement and if we are to remain a long term premier league side we need to raise the bar and belief. Not sure what the agenda is, just to get 17th every season for the next couple of decades ? Maybe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So many bullshit guesses, assumptions and statements rolled into one thread. Keep it up NSC :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here