Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I re heat a cooked Tescos chicken for my roast tomorrow .....

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
At what point do we start a thread to see whether [MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION] is still alive? Tomorrow afternoon, evening, Monday, Sometime next week, sometime in April or sometime next year?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Upcoming threads :

'What is the most weight anyone has lost in 3 days'

'Will sitting on the loo for 6 hours a day risk DVT in my legs'

'Where is toilet paper cheapest'

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
At what point do we start a thread to see whether [MENTION=1408]hopkins[/MENTION] is still alive? Tomorrow afternoon, evening, Monday, Sometime next week, sometime in April or sometime next year?

Perhaps we should have a poll about how long he lasted after eating said chicken so that the rest of us will know for definite whether it is safe?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He'll know late afternoon........ better lay in an industrial quantity of toilet rolls to be on the safe side.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Wife went on Health and Safety course and was told never to reheat chicken as it should be eaten when cooked hot or left to get cold but never reheated.

That's tosh fella. Worked professionally as a Chef for several years, the majority of these things you hear are scaremongering, obviously there are elements of truth to some of the stories you hear but to believe all the stuff that's spouted on H and S courses is madness.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Wife went on Health and Safety course and was told never to reheat chicken as it should be eaten when cooked hot or left to get cold but never reheated.

I would see if she can get her money back for being fed utter tosh if i were you.

perhaps she could ask the lecturer about all the pubs and restaurants that serve chicken dishes that have been fully cooked then packaged ready for reheating from frozen or chilled (and the companies that supply them)

its all about bringing the food back to the correct temperature chap.

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath
I've always zapped my left over curry in the microwave the following morning after a Saturday night session and I'm still here to tell the tale.

However saying that as I work in food retail standard practice is to tell the customers not to reheat chicken from our hot food counter. Basically to cover our backs in case anyone does get ill.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's tosh fella. Worked professionally as a Chef for several years, the majority of these things you hear are scaremongering, obviously there are elements of truth to some of the stories you hear but to believe all the stuff that's spouted on H and S courses is madness.

The chef at the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch served up reheated turkey on Xmas Day in 2012 which gave 33 of the 128 customers food poisoning including one woman who died. It is now midday and the OP still hasn't replied on this thread.

in-case-of-diarrhea-apocalypse.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The chef at the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch served up reheated turkey on Xmas Day in 2012 which gave 33 of the 128 customers food poisoning including one woman who died. It is now midday and the OP still hasn't replied on this thread.

Yes, of course there will always be extreme cases, obviously that chef reheated it to the wrong temperature and left it in the danger zone for too long when cooling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here