Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Why’s it not quite working at the moment?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Chris Hughton has abandoned his defensive strategy which brought us success through the first half of the season, in favour of a more adventurous one, which is seeing us leak goals while at the same time not improving our goalscoring return.

I agree, except from open play it has been occurring all season, the deficit and results made up by set pieces success. The last eight hours at home this has dried up as well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think we’re playing the wrong players, the wrong formation and I don’t know what CH says before the game but we’re also going out to each game with a negative mindset. Today was a classic example of what we’ve seen for months, we started so sluggishly at home to a struggling side.
Let's just stop there and look at the amount of total bollocks just in that first paragraph. We started so sluggishly - yep, so sluggishly that Heaton had to make to world class saves (not just me thinking they were fantastic saves; every pundit who has played the game at the highest level was raving about them too) to keep them in the game before they scored.
And that was against a side struggling so badly that they have gone seven without defeat and are currently 5th. in the form table, where they're struggling to stay above Liverpool.

Hey-ho, those nasty inconvenient facts, eh?.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought that most came from Tarkowski and Mee and those 3 just picked up the knock back and loose balls from Barnes and Wood.

Are you deliberately bypassing our own hoofball game which was quite prevalent yesterday?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have some good individual players but we have not integrated them well which results in a lack of understanding and cohesion on the pitch.

In the promotion season we had AK and Bruno with a great partnership and understanding, Gross and a Murray last season, even Bong and Izzy seemed to be clicking.

Now we have Locadia who looks like an individual, Andone who we have not worked out how to get the best of. Bissouma who is explosive but we don’t know where to best deploy him. Ali J no idea where he is best as not seen enough

Hughton needs to settle on a way of playing and build effective partnerships and understanding throughout the team so we get back some rhythm in our play. All far too disjointed at the moment

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
You need pace in the PL, we are playing with a very slow team and it is showing. It would also help to try different formations, structures and players when things are not working. Picking the same team AGAIN yesterday was criminal.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
You need pace in the PL, we are playing with a very slow team and it is showing. It would also help to try different formations, structures and players when things are not working. Picking the same team AGAIN yesterday was criminal.

I do agree, but in the two games against WBA who from the second string really made a strong case for inclusion yesterday?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I do agree, but in the two games against WBA who from the second string really made a strong case for inclusion yesterday?

One of the other wingers rather than Locadia. Bissouma deserves a run in the team because he has pace and looks to go forward, we could not do any worse than Gross has recently. Alternatively CH could have tried something a little different but no, he picked the same team and formation that has failed for weeks. Dyche must have had the easiest preparations this week, he knew exactly what our team was and exactly what our set up would be and let's be honest, he got it spot on and did a number on us.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
What I've read on here today beggars belief, Houghton out, we're playing shit, a load of the players are shit, the tactics are shit, we should be signing a couple of world class players, we should be above fighting for relegation etc etc

Thank God for Tony Bloom and thank God he's running the club instead of the ##ckwits on here!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dyche must have had the easiest preparations this week, he knew exactly what our team was and exactly what our set up would be and let's be honest, he got it spot on and did a number on us.

Interesting game plan to allow the opposition to dominate you, create significantly more chances, to rely on your keeper making outstanding saves to keep you in it and, finally, to bank on outrageous officiating to not give the opposition stonewall penalties.

Are you saying you want Hughton to send us out in the same way?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Interesting game plan to allow the opposition to dominate you, create significantly more chances, to rely on your keeper making outstanding saves to keep you in it and, finally, to bank on outrageous officiating to not give the opposition stonewall penalties.

Everybody knows how Hughton is going to send US out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I do not deny we had some awful luck yesterday, my point was that Dyche had a very easy set of preparations as he knew exactly what our team would be, he knew we had a lack of pace so allowed his team to sit and rely on counters.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The summer signings haven't really made much impact. We didn't improve on what we have. It's starting to show when we need to change things around.

I’d kind of disagree. Not all of our summer signings have been a roaring success yet, but despite him becoming one of Albion’s more polarising players, I’d say Montoya is an upgrade to Bruno, maybe not peak Bruno, but 38yo Bruno. Bernardo is an upgrade over Bong, no coincidence we’ve dropped off a cliff since he’s been injured. Bissouma clearly a better player, at least technically, than Stephens. Andone, good player, but like Bissouma, Hughton won’t play him. The talent is there, but the formation and squad selection are off at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here