Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chances of snow affecting travel after Fulham game tomorrow night?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Any recommendations for trains post match.
Am I better off walking further to Putney station over the bridge than queueing at Putney Bridge underground queue?

Yes definitely then back to Clapham and anywhere South after that.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
The Swindon Town match was abandoned in the 67th minute.

Albion HAD earned promotion before the rearranged game; they were promoted when they beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 at the Goldstone Ground on May 3rd 1977 (Rotherham lost the same night and could no longer catch us).

That’s what I thought but the table suggests Wrexham could have caught Albion post Swindon defeat. Is that wrong?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Anyone else notice that nowadays when you try to arrange to meet somebody by text in a different town, and you're going by train, you always have to add some kind of 'trains permitting' rider and warn the person you're due to meet to monitor their texts in case the trains upfurk. Which they will do, more often than not.

I do 2 train journeys most days (plumpton to London Victoria and back) and only twice in the last 6 months has there been a greater than 15 mins delay. Apart from pre announced buses etc. I
(It was far far worse admittedly during the 2017 disputes with almost 3-4 times a week disruption).

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Any further thoughts on the snow situation tonight oh snowmeister Papa Lazarou?!

I'm heading back to Sevenoaks after the game, where it suggests heavy snow from 9. Think we must be elevated or in the shadow of North Downs as we do get more snow than most in south east.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No, think it was late in game. Lost rearranged game 2-1 as penultimate game of season. I thought we were promoted by then, but not case:

View attachment 104180

Wrexham fluffed their lines - lost final two games and we pipped Palace. Final table reads as an interesting 'where are they now':

View attachment 104181

Three points for a win ?

Fact Fart:

Had there been three points for a win in 1978/79 Albion would have won the Second Division and Crystal Palace (4th) would not have been promoted.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I was going to drive. Anyone got any parking suggestions ? Was thinking of going to Staines and getting the train from there.

I'm driving to Morden, catch the number 93 bus from outside the tube station to Wimbledon Station and then jump on the tube for a couple of stops to Putney Bridge.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Still nothing on the railway front to say anything other than a "normal" service, they did amend the times to say snow could be in the area from around 1800 though.

I fully expect this post to come back and haunt me later on.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like the chances are lower down here... more fragmented as well as more rain

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1F676C28-2E6E-4B90-BE4B-9702629168E9.jpeg

Colder air just feeding down from north west now , you southern softies will cop this after dark now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I doubt it'll be this cold:-

DyFzsgDXQAE1_tf.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] - when you look in detail at the BBC/Meteo Group forecasts this week, not just for milder Brighton, but for inland Sussex towns just the other side of the South Downs, typical temp’s day and night when the next bands precipitation pass are 3C, 4C and 5C. With only rain and sleet forecast. Not a snow symbol in sight.

The media headlines forecasts for snow might be covering meterologists for a ‘Michael Fish’ moment, plus they are very broadbrush for the wider region, which includes colder and snowier places such as the Chilterns.

Question, do you think the South Downs will get settled snow this week?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] - when you look in detail at the BBC/Meteo Group forecasts this week, not just for milder Brighton, but for inland Sussex towns just the other side of the South Downs, typical temp’s day and night when the next bands precipitation pass are 3C, 4C and 5C. With only rain and sleet forecast. Not a snow symbol in sight.

The media headlines forecasts for snow might be covering meterologists for a ‘Michael Fish’ moment, plus they are very broadbrush for the wider region, which includes colder and snowier places such as the Chilterns.

Question, do you think the South Downs will get settled snow this week?

I think the downs will see some settled snow. Tonight is tricky - there's reports of snow in Hampshire, probably as part of the snow shown here

snow hants.PNG

My concern is that the rain is fragmenting and it will have decreased in intensity before any cold air gets a chance to undercut.

Thursday looks a different beast altogether, with frontal snow from the SW into colder air. We may see some heavy snow from that, but that will probably turn to rain as the front pushes further north. For us the ideal would be for the occluded front to stay further south than currently forecast, stopping milder air from reaching us, but that does have the risk of missing it!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I do 2 train journeys most days (plumpton to London Victoria and back) and only twice in the last 6 months has there been a greater than 15 mins delay. Apart from pre announced buses etc. I
(It was far far worse admittedly during the 2017 disputes with almost 3-4 times a week disruption).

Consider yourself lucky.

I don't travel every day by train, but I have had quite a few delay repay claims through 2018. It was worse back in the summer after the timetable changes, but I still regularly get delayed on the journey to and from Reading. One evening when I went via Clapham, they decided not to stop there because the train was already very late! There was no prior stop when it was announced - just fast into Waterloo!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here