Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Worse pub in Sussex?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And has now shut down, possibly partly as a result as I know a number of barflys there who migrated to the Vic for the football.

Indeed - was drinking with most of them during / after the Cardiff away game on telly. I quite like the Vic. I know people are snobby about it but it's a proper pub.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed - was drinking with most of them during / after the Cardiff away game on telly. I quite like the Vic. I know people are snobby about it but it's a proper pub.

Agreed. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but its perfectly serviceable as a football venue. I sometimes go there for the 5.30 game if we're mincing over the road for a chinese at the Oriental Village that evening (or whatever its called now).

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No such thing as a bad pub. The rougher the better in my opinion. More interesting characters

There is a degree of truth in that. The characters make a pub but when a pub keeps bad pipes, let’s teenagers or hipsters take over, has really incompetent bar staff, plays shit music too loudly, is run by a bad brewery then one has to concede itvreally isn’t deserving of your money or precious social time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Burrell Arms in Haywards Heath never fails to disappoint. Ditto The Top House in Burgess Hill. Both should have been bulldozed years ago. Manky dives.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The Dew Drop Inn, Wick.

Just no.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Like most of the pubs in residential areas of Crawley. When they built all the estates, each had its own pub included as part of the design along with the parade of shops. Nearly all these pubs, including the Imperial and the one in Bewbush whose name escapes me, are horrific (mostly flat-roofed classics)

The little precinct that the Imperial is on is a filthy hell hole with American fighting dogs attached to idiots drinking radio-active energy drinks. I saw a bloke leave the little supermarket where he works opposite, neck 3 pints in the Imperial, call in the bookies, go back to work, all in 30 minutes! Impressive stuff.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Crawley had a fine choice of really, really shit pubs when i lived there. Each neighbourhood when it was built was provided with a parade of shops with a church and a pub nearby and without exception all the pubs were crap. Built with only the worst materials and designed by people without a clue how to make a comfortable space the they were differentiated only by the people that used them. And for this reason my award for the worst of the worst goes to the Imperial ( formerly the Mark Lemon) of Broadfield where the combination of environment and clientele creates the pinnacle of the truly awful Crawley Boozer Experience. Rather liked the Swan, Brewery Shades (my man was invariably in there) and The Rocket though.
It isn't called the Rocket. Hasn't been for years. It's under new management and is now one of the better pubs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Like most of the pubs in residential areas of Crawley. When they built all the estates, each had its own pub included as part of the design along with the parade of shops. Nearly all these pubs, including the Imperial and the one in Bewbush whose name escapes me, are horrific (mostly flat-roofed classics).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Dorsten(spelling) ?

No longer there,been knocked down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here