Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jonathan Pearce BBC commentary

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the BBC over-egg the David v Goliath angle.

The clue is in the Millwall fans own motto " No one likes us, we don't care".

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I thought Jenas was very good and accurate describing what he saw...
1. He agreed that we should have had a penalty
2. He felt their first goal shouldn’t have been allowed due to the rugby tackle on Muzza
3. He accurately highlighted that we go sideways or backwards too often and we’re too slow breaking forward as a result
4. He rightly pointed out the blatant inconsistency of the ref who was penalising us and letting Millwall get away with the same things
5. He disagreed with the offside decision at the end and our goal should have been allowed (what a finish by Locadia for that one by the way !)

I felt he was spot on throughout

I might have midweek comments about the above incidents as I was stomping around in a huff.

I did pick up on him initially dithering on the red and then on the replay being straight up ...oh yeah, that's a red

I shall watch it again.

......I was seconds away from deleting the recording and going to the pub ....... That would have been silly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thanks to JP, at times I wasn't sure if I was watching an FA Cup tire, or had inadvertantly flicked over to the weather channel.

Yes, it rained a bit. Fvcking hell Jon, its March.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks to JP, at times I wasn't sure if I was watching an FA Cup tire, or had inadvertantly flicked over to the weather channel.

To be fair the game was drab with very little quality to commentate on. We are not tv friendly team to watch away from home in general. Thankfully it livened up near the end

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Never seen you spell a word incorrectly before mate(inadvertantly)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

If that’s the case the his post is a real treat for you, there are a few more errors than the one you called out.

I daresay he’s kicking himself :)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Liam Rosenior was as ever excellent in the studio btw.

Pearce was rightly positive about Millwall in patches because they were about to do another massive bit of giant killing - but he knows the Albion inside out and insightful things to say about almost all our players, far more than you get with other commentators/or Sky or radio. (Bar radio Sussex).
He certainly conveyed the excitement of Sollys 94th minute equaliser , and the BBC were clear we were robbed with the various not given decisions (penalty, their first, Locadia offside goal). And even questioned the ref at one point for not giving us much. (Bernardo ‘s yellow).

So no. I disagree with the OP

yeah ......he slagged the ref of a fair bit and said that he hadn't had a good game ....got a fair bit wrong .......funny how they forget a teams reputation in the heat of the moment , i suppose it was too windy to be racking up on your programme yesterday.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If that’s the case the his post is a real treat for you, there are a few more errors than the one you called out.

I daresay he’s kicking himself :)

He is probably on the wine then.

Jimmy Grimble

Normally like him.

Just watched the game on TV - thought he was poor.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

TBH its late, I'm, celebrating Wembley, and snorting my arse off at the multiple doom-mongers who have made utter TITS of themselves on the matchday thread. I mean - there are some real cuffing doozy's on that baby. Grammar and spelling is not top of my list, this isn't Mumsnet, hun.

The dickhead ratio on here truly did spike quite dramatically this afternoon, didn't it boys and girls.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
TBH its late, I'm, celebrating Wembley, and snorting my arse off at the multiple doom-mongers who have made utter TITS of themselves on the matchday thread. I mean - there are some real cuffing doozy's on that baby. Grammar and spelling is not top of my list, this isn't Mumsnet, hun.

The dickhead ratio on here truly did spike quite dramatically this afternoon, didn't it boys and girls.

Away end at Watford on Saturday

7606E016-056B-4DF2-80C2-79641D15271D.jpeg

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Bristol City fan

And a 1901 club member who frequents our lounge with his kids most games. A really nice bloke and can assure he celebrates our goals like most around him. As I was at the game and did not hear his commentary, maybe he was promoting the underdog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
They did play on the underdog thing a bit, but then it’s the FA Cup, and that’s the magic of the competition. Plenty of reference to decisions and inconsistencies going against us and a summary of ‘it’s been a really tough afternoon for the officials’, which is commentary parlance for: the ref and linos have been ****ing shit.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I thought Jenas was very good and accurate describing what he saw...
1. He agreed that we should have had a penalty
2. He felt their first goal shouldn’t have been allowed due to the rugby tackle on Muzza
3. He accurately highlighted that we go sideways or backwards too often and we’re too slow breaking forward as a result
4. He rightly pointed out the blatant inconsistency of the ref who was penalising us and letting Millwall get away with the same things
5. He disagreed with the offside decision at the end and our goal should have been allowed (what a finish by Locadia for that one by the way !)

I felt he was spot on throughout

This. He always to me seems to talk sense.

Stumpy Tim

His commentary for the equaliser is cracking. Lives in Hurstpierpoint I believe... he came to the Palace home match as a fan - saw him on the train with his mates. I also mistakenly thought he was Palace

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I watched the last 10 minutes of the 90 again on BBC iplayer, and it is a marvellous exercise in schadenfreude listening to the commentary. Lots of references to how Millwall are off to the semis 'barring a miracle', and my favourite, on 91 minutes as Martin collects a cross, 'Millwall fans will be delighted their keeper has such a safe pair of hands'

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here