Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought their ultras had returned but Selhurst was a library and their team was awful at home again. Oh well I am sure moving them a few seats along next season will make all the difference for them

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did they make some lovely banners for us this time?

They didn't seem to do very much at all this time... apart from bang that f'ing drum and sing that tiresome f'ing song.

Sky still have a thing about them, so stick their microphones down in that corner... you could hear it more on the TV than in the ground.

I was expecting an intimidating barrage of noise... it was a pretty disappointing effort really.

Then again, with home form like that, and coughing up SIX POINTS to the Albion, losing HOME & AWAY, maybe it is not too surprising?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I didn't realise it had gone so far that they controlled all spontaneity within a full stadium so no fan anywhere else could sing a different song.

Spontaneity departed Selhurst long go. They mock the lyrics of a WW1 song on the screen at the Amex but need a megaphone **** to tell them how and when to moan like a whore and mumble something about red and blue.

It seems to be what happens with clubs that struggle to find support. Watford and Huddersfield are having similar experiments with the euro shite approach

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Huddersfield are having similar experiments with the euro shite approach

Huddersfield are different though, not as good this season but last season they were doing loads of different songs, had one for every player - traditional ones not the Euro trash - and it got the whole ground going.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've heard the asking price is £220 million, so they would make a profit on the deal...if someone is prepared to buy at that price.

Would that give the new investors access to the £100m that's been ring fenced, or will they have to bring their own ring fenced money?

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Did they make some lovely banners for us this time?

I think I spied on the box a banner showing a ballied up div holding a machete with the slogan 'one man wen't to war, went to war with Brighton.'

The irony of course being none of them have ever had the bollocks to get within punching distance of an Albion lad in their lives.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I didn't realise it had gone so far that they controlled all spontaneity within a full stadium so no fan anywhere else could sing a different song.

Is that why our full stadium likes to sing 2 different songs at the same time?.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
They mock the lyrics of a WW1 song on the screen at the Amex
thought that was a bit strong seeing as they had goal music in their recent past with the announcer saying the scorer's first name and dramatically pausing for the stadium to finish the name off. Probably wouldn't work with Luka Millivannillivic scoring most of the goals these days anyway.

Goal scored by No. 5 Peter Ramage...Peeeeteeeer....RAAMMMMMAAAAGGGGGEEE

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
thought that was a bit strong seeing as they had goal music in their recent past with the announcer saying the scorer's first name and dramatically pausing for the stadium to finish the name off. Probably wouldn't work with Luka Millivannillivic scoring most of the goals these days anyway.

Goal scored by No. 5 Peter Ramage...Peeeeteeeer....RAAMMMMMAAAAGGGGGEEE
They don't have goal music...

...it's penalty music.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here