Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottle Top BAN!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
to resurect this old topic, first experince of the bottle top ban, with the lad so have bag with a snack and drink. get asked to check the bag, is there any bottle... yes... removes bottle cap to my grumbling, with "just following the rules guv"... then waved us in.

didnt actually bother to search me. :ffsparr:

Checked bottle.....didn't check bag..was the top in there?

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Sitting with my overpriced, topless, bottle of water, I had a guy next to me with a vape the size of an Kalashnikov sneakily puffing away and I thought 'this is bollocks'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
to resurect this old topic, first experince of the bottle top ban, with the lad so have bag with a snack and drink. get asked to check the bag, is there any bottle... yes... removes bottle cap to my grumbling, with "just following the rules guv"... then waved us in.

didnt actually bother to search me. :ffsparr:

I've lost count now so I'll guess that today was the bazillionth time I put the contents of my pockets into him hat, had a quick pa down holding said hat, then waved in.

One day I'll fill my hat with bottle tops and sell them, on the black market, t'other side of the wall (sorry I mean turnstile).

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I've lost count now so I'll guess that today was the bazillionth time I put the contents of my pockets into him hat, had a quick pa down holding said hat, then waved in.

One day I'll fill my hat with bottle tops and sell them, on the black market, t'other side of the wall (sorry I mean turnstile).

Top top idea

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
There was steward in WSL last Saturday who spend about an hour clearly using his own water bottle with a top on - clearly visible holding it in his hand

I did jokingly comment he needed to throw himself out and get banned - he just grinned and laughed

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was steward in WSL last Saturday who spend about an hour clearly using his own water bottle with a top on - clearly visible holding it in his hand

I did jokingly comment he needed to throw himself out and get banned - he just grinned and laughed
Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
It's a pretty ridiculous rule. The risks are minuscule as is the incidence of violent acts perpetrated with bottles. Fans should be allowed to bring water bottles with the top if only for the purposes of hydration & avoidance of single use plastic & unnecessary consumption. C'mon Albion hierarchy, get real, it's not (yet) a police state!

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I bought a bottle of coke for my son from WSU at the Derby game and the teenage server said "sorry I need to remove the lid" and simply took it off and dropped it in a cup right by the till with all the other lids.
Then he walked off to get my hotdog whilst I took the lid back and put it in my pocket - what a charade!!! Was like a Mr Bean sketch

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I notice the photographers in front of us in the North all have bottle tops, and they're in the prime location for LUZZING!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Next time I'll go in with just the top to see if they confiscate it, if I have the bottle that is, or not

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There should be a ‘Bottle top smuggling in day’ for Huddersfield at Home. At a pre-arranged time everyone holds their bottle top in the direction of PB.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Took my son to the game on Saturday - got him a bottle of water that he asked for and predictably (although fair play to him it took him until about the 70th minute) he knocked it over and spilt it everywhere.

That was the 4th 'spillage' incident around me during the afternoon. My area of the Upper West looked like some sort of crap 'water feature' with overpriced stadium beverages slowly cascading their way down the rows of concrete.

In the Grand Scheme of things - premier league, nice stadium, ££££ players, etc. - it's fair minor but Christ, what a aggravating policy.

I don't bother eating now at the ground as I don't want to nurse an open bottle of POP for 90mins. Again, maybe no one at the club cares but, you know, annoying etc etc.

I reckon should I ever decide to luzz a drink with a lid (which of course I would never do. Hi Paul!) - I'd go for the LIDDED hot drink option as they feel more like a grenade rather than a 500ml bottle that's more akin to throwing a German potato masher.

cheers

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I reckon should I ever decide to luzz a drink with a lid (which of course I would never do. Hi Paul!) - I'd go for the LIDDED hot drink option as they feel more like a grenade rather than a 500ml bottle that's more akin to throwing a German potato masher.

cheers

That's done it , no hot drinks available from next home game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ve now got an answer to this - cork. Take a wine bottle cork, taper it a bit with a knife, you have a pop bottle ‘stopper’ not a lid. You’ve not been charged for this revelation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here