Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fund my life: I want to live like a moron...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wow.

What good does 'having a function' do ? It means you give something back. It means you do not go through life completely dependant on others to provide for you. Someone working in McDonalds has something to get out of bed for, and pays something towards the society which he/she lives in. Its not about "bathing in money", its about doing your bit to earn yourself a living, and to benefit society as a whole.

There's a million reasons why a lot of people have it economically rough, and obviously none of them can be traced directly back to the Queen or the "semi-hobo's" to which you refer. But what if everyone in the UK, or everyone on the entire planet, decided to take up this alternative lifestyle you seem to be such a fan of, and just stay home, jobless, doing nothing except picking peanuts out of poo and forgetting to teach your kids how to read ?

You might fancy a complete return to the stone age, but I think you'd be in a minority of about 1.

Working at McDonalds or engaging in any other unnecessary mass consumption industry/service does absolutely nothing for society or the planet except slowly wearing it down. Also, "something to get out bed for" - you know, me and a lot of other people feel there are greater values than working. Other reasons to live and wake up in the morning.

"But what if everyone in the UK, or everyone on the entire planet, decided to take up this alternative lifestyle you seem to be such a fan of"

I didnt say anywhere that I am a fan of their lifestyle. I'm not "a fan" of anyones lifestyle. Sure, optimally I would prefer to live in a self-dependent, self-sustaining society with very little technology, but from what I'm hearing its not what these people do - so I'm not jealous of them either. I'm just fine and tolerant that they have a different way to go about it.

And to answer your question, not everyone would do that because people are different, so its impossible; however if this impossibility happened, everyone would die. So what?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Working at McDonalds or engaging in any other unnecessary mass consumption industry/service does absolutely nothing for society or the planet except slowly wearing it down. Also, "something to get out bed for" - you know, me and a lot of other people feel there are greater values than working. Other reasons to live and wake up in the morning.

"But what if everyone in the UK, or everyone on the entire planet, decided to take up this alternative lifestyle you seem to be such a fan of"

I didnt say anywhere that I am a fan of their lifestyle. I'm not "a fan" of anyones lifestyle. Sure, optimally I would prefer to live in a self-dependent, self-sustaining society with very little technology, but from what I'm hearing its not what these people do - so I'm not jealous of them either. I'm just fine and tolerant that they have a different way to go about it.

And to answer your question, not everyone would do that because people are different, so its impossible; however if this impossibility happened, everyone would die. So what?

Weeeell, isn't that just great then ?

Ladies and gentlemen, here endeth the lesson.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Less people taking from the state.

Could be a winner.

Indeed. NO people taking from the state. No people on the planet. The end of the human race - problem solved.

I can't believe the answer was just staring us in the face.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Weeeell, isn't that just great then ?

Ladies and gentlemen, here endeth the lesson.

I understand that the impossible, hypothetical scenario is the only thing you are capable of responding to as the answer was as ridiculous as your question. Perhaps thats your level.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I understand that the impossible, hypothetical scenario is the only thing you are capable of responding to as the answer was as ridiculous as your question. Perhaps thats your level.

No more ridiculous than your stance of endorsing their chosen lifestyle, but then (just like everyone else) baulking at the notion of actually putting your hand in your own pocket to fund it for them.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No more ridiculous than your stance of endorsing their chosen lifestyle, but then (just like everyone else) baulking at the notion of actually putting your hand in your own pocket to fund it for them.

Endorsing these people are as ridiculous as believing 100% of the people on earth could possibly do what they do?

Alright dog, lets just agree to disagree.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
NSC has a new weirdo I see. :)

Blimey I think you're right.

I'm glad breathing is an auto function of the brain, for some people that very need would confuse.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Endorsing these people are as ridiculous as believing 100% of the people on earth could possibly do what they do?

As you say ...... Alright Dog (term of endearment ?), lets just say most disagree with you and for that matter the family in question.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
NSC has a new weirdo I see. :)

Yeah I guess so but its always about the angle. From my point of view, society and the common man are very weird stuff doing really weird things. Just as an random example: you vote. You know that whoever you elect and whatever party you go for is going to keep ****ing you over and then you do the same shit four years later again, decade after decade. Complete madness. I'm happily the weirdo.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
No why the **** would I do that, I have no interest in these people. I dont watch Youtube, I dont read Twitter, I dont care about random people doing weird things or abusing the system. Tell me when you raise your pitch forks against the banks, the oligarchs, the big business and I will rage with you, but this petty little shit that matters none in the big picture, why are people sitting around saying how bad, stupid and ugly they are. Pathetic shit.

Have you thought that it is entirely possible to rage against big business, if that is what you want to do, AND those who clearly abuse the system. It is hardly either ..or.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Obviously I don't "believe" its possible for everyone on Earth to decide to live their lives like these characters, I was making a point. They are highly fortunate that the overwhelming majority of the population do not choose to follow their particular lifestyle path - because they are wholly and entirely dependent on the likes of you and me to be able to exist in the manner in which they do. If we all did it, society would break down completely and cease to exist. We'd all basically be living on the set of Mad Max.

My children have been properly educated though, and are now both working full time, so they in turn will also continue to support these people through paying into the system. They're helping to pick up the slack. And the world will continue to go round. No thanks to the likes of these off-the-grid semi-hobo's, mind.

Anyway, as you say, agree to disagree.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yeah I guess so but its always about the angle. From my point of view, society and the common man are very weird stuff doing really weird things. Just as an random example: you vote. You know that whoever you elect and whatever party you go for is going to keep ****ing you over and then you do the same shit four years later again, decade after decade. Complete madness. I'm happily the weirdo.

Funny how you knew it was you :wave:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Indeed. NO people taking from the state. No people on the planet. The end of the human race - problem solved.

I can't believe the answer was just staring us in the face.
Saw Brian Cox at the Brighton centre Saturday, the planet will be no more one day so just enjoy it whilst it lasts.
That's what I got out of the 2 hour lecture.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here