Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cheers. You are quite smart, aren't you?

As I said to you yesterday, when you posted this, I'm just a normal bloke of average intelligence.

However, having seen the last few pages of your posts, I can understand how you would come to this perfectly logical conclusion (relatively speaking) :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Off out to dinner,

I wonder if [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] or [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] can give us any idea what this 'good deal' that Johnson was negotiating when he was so dreadfully undermined, looks like ?

(I'll make it a looong dinner, it's Fridat night !) :wave:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Goodness me - that's a bit rich after the shenanigans of Vote Leave.

The political/business backers of the Remain campaign were very very rich giving your side all the advantage they should have needed ...

getimage.aspx

.... I am sure you are appalled at this unfair spend discrepancy :tumble::tumble::tumble:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just looking at the start of this thread....it all started so gently, albeit with some strange claims...then of course it went downhill:

If the Remains feel the EU is so important, why don't you accept the Euro as our currency then? (bashlsdir 12/4/16)

This is a once in a lifetime chance they won't let us near real power ever again, far to risky, so think long term ... an inevitable drive to a Superstate including Turkey. There's another 70 million potential new UK citizens. Probably be bullied into having the Euro using the same doomsday arguments by the same vested interests at some point. (The prancing ninny, 12/4/16)

I would rather this country retain some sort of unique British identity rather than be subsumed into a multicultural mish mash. (The prancing ninny, 12/4/16)

The hole point is we are NOT Europeans we are British!! (@B52 12/4/16)

As you know, I started out inclined to vote 'in', but late in the evening after I've had a few, I get the urge to vote 'out'. In some respects this probably sums up how I feel about it all. I'm not a 'patriotic European' who 'loves my Continent'. But I feel like voting 'out' only when I'm feeling a bit reckless. (me, 12/4/16)

Those voting to remain are not voting to remain in our current situation. They will be voting to be a part of an ever accelerating and integrated union of countries, where the logical conclusion is a European superstate. ...Oh yes... I'm an OUT, and will remain so until the IN camp come up with a single positive argument for staying in, as opposed to the constant barrage of negative reasons for leaving (binky)

Those advocating LEAVE are all over the place with what they say we're voting for. "We'll be like Norway", "We'll be like Switzerland", "We'll be like Canada", "We're Britain, we'll be unique and have our own deals". I think it's as clear as mud what a leave vote would actually be voting for. (DTES)

And the start of the abuse:

YOU SOUND LIKE A TURN COAT
regards
DR

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So are you suggesting that the answer to 'not being able to make a decision', would be better served by just 'making one', in order to speed up the process?

No. What I am suggesting is that parliament is very good at thwarting and delaying. What they should be doing is pushing for a resolution to this, one way or the other. They say that we are in a national crisis. Fine, that may be, but I did not notice any of them pushing for parliament to sit over the summer. I notice they were not sitting today. Are they going to postpone the party conference season? What I want them to do is sit in parliament and actually come up with a solution. If they decide that brexit should not happen, if no deal is the way forward, if tweaking the deal is what should happen, or something else then so be it, but have the balls to decide, not spend all their time thwarting, dithering, playing games and calling for other people to make a decision (ie the voting public). It is, frankly, pathetic and I am fed up with it. And no, I have no idea what the solution is but I am not paid to make that decision - they are and they should effing get on with it.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
For the last 20 years+ I've worked for the same large employer in Brighton & Hove. On a weekly basis, I must converse (at some point) with probably 100 different employees. During this 20+ years, the only time I have heard anyone mention the EU, was in praise of the Worker's Rights....no mention ever of any discontentment/losing control/bent bananas/sovereignty etc..etc.
Suddenly, three and a bit years ago, *something* turned a lot of them into frothing-at-the-mouth Farage/Brexit supporters, who bear no resemblance to the people I knew before.
Each day, I half expect Donald Sutherland to appear, screaming and pointing at the rest of us 'remainers', like something from 'Invasion of the Bodysnatchers'.
I can only guess that these people had some kind of strange unhappiness about the way their life was going (other than the usual worries that most of us face), but it truly was so freaky how they suddenly 'turned', for want of a better word.
Some have almost got to Ppf levels of weirdness, and I don't talk to them anymore....which is kinda weird, but also necessary.
I must also say, in all honesty, that a lot of them swallow up the 'goodies' supplied by The Sun, Mail (insert nonsense of choice) and especially the absolute shite that is freely available on social media.
Seriously, it's like some of them are possessed.
The funny thing is, most of them laughed at the idea of Trump becoming POTUS, and now...? Wowsers.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No. What I am suggesting is that parliament is very good at thwarting and delaying. What they should be doing is pushing for a resolution to this, one way or the other. They say that we are in a national crisis. Fine, that may be, but I did not notice any of them pushing for parliament to sit over the summer. I notice they were not sitting today. Are they going to postpone the party conference season? What I want them to do is sit in parliament and actually come up with a solution. If they decide that brexit should not happen, if no deal is the way forward, if tweaking the deal is what should happen, or something else then so be it, but have the balls to decide, not spend all their time thwarting, dithering, playing games and calling for other people to make a decision (ie the voting public). It is, frankly, pathetic and I am fed up with it. And no, I have no idea what the solution is but I am not paid to make that decision - they are and they should effing get on with it.

Tbh, can't argue with that, as long as it's what's best for the country, as a whole, not to appease voters of either persuasion.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I must also say, in all honesty, that a lot of them swallow up the 'goodies' supplied by The Sun, Mail (insert nonsense of choice) and especially the absolute shite that is freely available on social media.
And therein lies the problem with society today. Nobody questions anything anymore and takes things at face value. Lets all retweet that picture of the nasty man shooting that elephant. It never occurs to them that he may just be rightly putting it out if its misery.

D

Deleted member 2719

For the last 20 years+ I've worked for the same large employer in Brighton & Hove. On a weekly basis, I must converse (at some point) with probably 100 different employees. During this 20+ years, the only time I have heard anyone mention the EU, was in praise of the Worker's Rights....no mention ever of any discontentment/losing control/bent bananas/sovereignty etc..etc.
Suddenly, three and a bit years ago, *something* turned a lot of them into frothing-at-the-mouth Farage/Brexit supporters, who bear no resemblance to the people I knew before.
Each day, I half expect Donald Sutherland to appear, screaming and pointing at the rest of us 'remainers', like something from 'Invasion of the Bodysnatchers'.
I can only guess that these people had some kind of strange unhappiness about the way their life was going (other than the usual worries that most of us face), but it truly was so freaky how they suddenly 'turned', for want of a better word.
Some have almost got to Ppf levels of weirdness, and I don't talk to them anymore....which is kinda weird, but also necessary.
The funny thing is, most of them laughed at the idea of Trump becoming POTUS, and now...? Wowsers.

My guess is they never liked you at all.

Who knows, if you could have sucked up a referendum loss, maybe you could all have lived happily ever after.

Just saying...

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
And therein lies the problem with society today. Nobody questions anything anymore and takes things at face value. Lets all retweet that picture of the nasty man shooting that elephant. It never occurs to them that he may just be rightly putting it out if its misery.

It's a possibility, but extremely unlikely, and so your own sense of judgement comes into play, hopefully based on years of life in general and downright common sense, sadly, both seem to be in terminal decline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here