Living In a Box
Do I not miss work......

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Just read this......

My company have said that they are no longer allowed to use the phrase “ brain storm” as it might have negative connotations associated with fits and epilepsy. It must be replaced with “ thought showers” .

You could probably replace it with another type of shower.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So glad I don't work in an office. I work in a factory with straight talking people. No bullshit. If someone uses a bell cheese term they're told to **** off and come back when they can speak english. Even the boss got told to do one today for being a nob.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just read this......

My company have said that they are no longer allowed to use the phrase “ brain storm” as it might have negative connotations associated with fits and epilepsy. It must be replaced with “ thought showers” .

Guessing your company is a little slow keeping up with the times. My old company kicked out brainstorming many years ago for that reason.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Also had this in a project brief.

We need to find solutions to our limitations or nuisances and utilise everyone in the team to get over the line.

Everyone is valued, everyone is respected and everyone has a say but with critical path in mind as we must progress towards our goal. Please honour these values.

Translation - No, no everyone is not valued, or respected. You might have a say, but it will be ignored because you are not worthy to breath the same air. You are not an asset or a resource. You are an unwelcome cost.

Please get lost....

(nothing personal) :wink:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I was at a construction meeting recently and the project was described as a 'hot mess'. Not heard that before, but apparently used for some time in the States.

Have people been using it in the UK ? - if not it's probably on the way.

My other question - is this worse than a SNAFU, or a FUBAR or a Clusterf*** ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just read this......

Hmm, 'thought showers'.
Possible connotations with water on the brain or maybe incontinence!
I'm offended!:lolol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not another thread about Project Management.

I’ve spent six hours on conference calls with tonnes of the cock wombles [apologies to any on here] today and want to pull out my eyes with a fish fork.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No it was a quote on a web site for work bullshit

Ours have moved towards more subtle crap which is more aimed at the upper echelons of the company. Us Trekkies just abuse each other in the Anglo Saxon way

Guessing your company is a little slow keeping up with the times. My old company kicked out brainstorming many years ago for that reason.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was at a construction meeting recently and the project was described as a 'hot mess'. Not heard that before,

Probably used buy someone that has never lifted a tool in their working life.

I used to work on sites and everyone spoke plain English, and swore a lot of course. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Without reading through the whole thread, has anyone mentioned ‘social media influencer’ aaaaaahhhh just aaaahhhhh

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yep - but it still sickens me to get involved in one. Especially as I did an introduction to PRINCE years ago and the instructor talked about PINO - PRINCE In Name Only. Boy was that ever true and sums up most of the guff people have mentioned on here. Basically it is where people throw around PRINCE terms and pronounce it as a PRINCE project. Despite not doing most, or indeed any, of the principles of PRINCE.

Having worked in 'projects' over the years I was warned, sorry, 'advised' Prince was the thing and I might consider a course to get 'on board' with certain groups.

Despite virtual unemployment and abject poverty, I remain sane, as I ever was, and haven't killed anyone in the workplace.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Has he given himself that title so that he can tell everybody who's none the wiser he's a proper COE?

If anyone called me Coe, I'd automatically assume something to do with a fascist dwarf runner, take immediate offence and possibly sacrifice a prized rotring long reach compass deep into an eye socket. If I was in the office.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here