Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford to season ticket holders: Tell us if you're not turning up - or face a ban

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Turning up for just the 'Big Six' matches still weighs in at over 30%. The Clever Trevers will be aware of that stat. Easiest thing in the world to run an algorithm that shows percentage attendance for each seat, leaving out The Big Six games.

Depends when the big 6 games are then though.................we've only got one of them in the first 10 games this season.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I/we as a family have three now adult tickets. When one or more of us can`t go there is always someone, friends or family wanting to go. I think everyone must know some one who`d like to go when they can`t.
Never used ticket exchange myself preferring to let friends have ticket .Seems to only kick in at last moment whereas we know weeks in advance which games can`t go to and can offer them earlier ensuring tickets/seat taken.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Matches like the Palace FA Cup tie earlier this year show what a tangible difference to the chances of winning a full stadium in fine voice can have.
Do Watford ST's include FA Cup games?

So tell us if you can't attend and we'll either re-sell the seat(s), with profits going to our Community Trust to support their work, or we will allocate the seat(s) to local good causes.

So when they do resell, profits go to good causes rather than the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Depends when the big 6 games are then though.................we've only got one of them in the first 10 games this season.

For sure, and there's Summer holidays to be factored in. But running an analysis of last season's attendance by seat would probably be highly instructive, as last season's attendance pattern would be highly likely to be carried over into this season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If someone has paid for their ticket then it is up to them if they go or not or list it on an exchange. This type of over policing by football clubs is just another reason why so many people can’t be bothered anymore. They have got their money if someone does not turn up aside from a few pints and pies (which is NOTHING in comparison to the money they make elsewhere) the club have got their money.

Honestly what next a letter from your doctor or parent to ensure the reason you have given for non attendance is valid

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
If someone has paid for their ticket then it is up to them if they go or not or list it on an exchange. This type of over policing by football clubs is just another reason why so many people can’t be bothered anymore. They have got their money if someone does not turn up aside from a few pints and pies (which is NOTHING in comparison to the money they make elsewhere) the club have got their money.

Honestly what next a letter from your doctor or parent to ensure the reason you have given for non attendance is valid

This. I go to nearly all home matches (work comes in the way sometimes sadly) and a fair smattering of away matches. I would take huge offence if someone told me that if I
didn't turn up a specific number of times I'd lose the seat. My attitude would be: 'well boll*x to you then, I'm not at school any more; I'll take my money and time elsewhere on a Saturday". Hurt though
it would.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This. I go to nearly all home matches (work comes in the way sometimes sadly) and a fair smattering of away matches. I would take huge offence if someone told me that if I
didn't turn up a specific number of times I'd lose the seat. My attitude would be: 'well boll*x to you then, I'm not at school any more; I'll take my money and time elsewhere on a Saturday". Hurt though
it would.

Exactly work, family, illness, travel issues etc all things that can happen to any of us when football then has to go down the pecking order. In these circumstances the last thing on your mind is ‘well I better ring the football club and let them know in case they confiscate my ST’

Ridiculous

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
10 thousand Watford fans should just e-mail the club each week with 10 thousand different reasons why they didn't attend (when most would have attended) just to clog up the clubs administration over this bureaucratical nonsense. The club must know this information anyway i.e the ticket has been used or the ticket appears on a resale site (its now law the seller has to give the seat number) its just a shaming exercise.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
it would.

This all day, I'd love to have had a ST, but unfortunately my work gets in the way.
That's life, just have to accept it.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No it isn't. The club left a message on my answerphone, March-time I think, asking why I hadn't used my ticket as much as previously (fairly obvious really). I did call them straight back on the number provided to discuss but of course there was a massive queue so never got through to them.

Out of interest, how often do you make it down for games?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What about the people who are getting a season ticket for their Christmas present. :jester:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
10 thousand Watford fans should just e-mail the club each week with 10 thousand different reasons why they didn't attend (when most would have attended) just to clog up the clubs administration over this bureaucratical nonsense. The club must know this information anyway i.e the ticket has been used or the ticket appears on a resale site (its now law the seller has to give the seat number) its just a shaming exercise.

I work with a handful of Watford fans and this is something they have wanted as there's been loads of empty seats at sell-outs and they want to improve the atmosphere etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I’ve got some sympathy, I know some of our STHs who go to 3-4 games a season, how is that fair on those on the waiting list?
It also means we have empty seats or random fans, some of which are clearly oppo. I think swapping out up to about 6-7 times a season should be the max. After that you don’t ‘need’ a ST.

What about those that are only interested in seeing us play the big teams like United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City? It's their choice to buy a ST to guarantee seats for those games, why should they have to watch the other matches? Let's face it. last season you could forgive the "new" Brighton fans not wanting to watch games like those against Cardiff, West Ham and Burnley.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They should only offer new ST to fans who are on the list and attend the majority of home games, don’t understand offering tickets to just the top of the list.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You pays your money, you takes your choice. Some people will always struggle to make evening games (although we don't get so many of those in the PL thankfully). But if I had to start getting a note from my mum every time I wasn't attending a game, I think I'd end up just telling them to DO one. They've got my money - whether I go or not is entirely my choice and if I don't or can't make it, for whatever reason, then that is entirely my business. I don't have to justify anything to anyone else. If I was a Watford fan I'd be bloody furious at this.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I work with a handful of Watford fans and this is something they have wanted as there's been loads of empty seats at sell-outs and they want to improve the atmosphere etc.

I work with loads of Watford fans, some have had to wait for the option to get ST. Point I am making is that the club must hold the data, and can approach the individuals privately.

Feels like this creates a witch hunt.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
They should only offer new ST to fans who are on the list and attend the majority of home games, don’t understand offering tickets to just the top of the list.

I see where you're coming from but it's a hell of a lot more expensive and I'd imagine some may not be able to afford to go to most games without a ST.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Turning up for just the 'Big Six' matches still weighs in at over 30%. The Clever Trevers will be aware of that stat. Easiest thing in the world to run an algorithm that shows percentage attendance for each seat, leaving out The Big Six games.

A not very interesting fact that wont much counter your suggestion is that since Meade Jr appeared, quite wondrously, the season ticket has been in considerable less usage, but, my aim is to mainly go to games not against the big 6. I'd rather see a battle between us and those below them, which could go either way, rather than fighting and holding on for our dear lives. Watching City or Liverpool go about their business incessantly doesn't intrigue. I have plans for Burnley in a few weeks, and Norwich or Everton shortly after.
See? Not very interesting. But there you have it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here