Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Mooy *** SIGNED on ONE YEAR LOAN DEAL ***

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Owen has just confirmed via the Potter press conference no further incomings aside from Mooy and expectation for Hemed to go out on loan, again.

So expect Naylor’s story to be one about Potter’s wife’s favourite pot plant at this time of the year. Or similar.

Or GP is keeping something else under his hat. They don't tell journalists everything!!!!

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
My point was that with Bissouma injured we only have Gross who is proven at Premier level so he would be an addition to our squad. Other than that it is down to Kayal Sanders and Alzate none of whom are proven Premier quality other than perhaps a 10min cameo at the end of a game,.

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you BG. It was the last sentence was a bit contradictory. I was poking fun. Your point is valid and I agree.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My point was that with Bissouma injured we only have Gross who is proven at Premier level so he would be an addition to our squad. Other than that it is down to Kayal Sanders and Alzate none of whom are proven Premier quality other than perhaps a 10min cameo at the end of a game,.

This time two years ago, both Gros and Propper were not proven PL quality (and neither were Dunk, March, Izquierdo and quite a few others); 12 months ago neither were Bissouma (or Bernardo for that matter).
As for the names you mention, would that be the Beram Kayal with 37 PL appearances under his belt? As well as Sanders and Alzate, we also have Baluta and Richards waiting to step up on to the launch pad - and I'd bet a tidy sum that Richards didn't leave Man. City to come to us on a promise of U23 football and a loan out to somewhere like Rotherham...................

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mooy having medical, Hemed and Kayal going out on loan

And Mr Naylor “working on another big Brighton story”
Could be a bit of classic Naylor, tantalising us with the idea a big player is on the way but really meaning he is hard at work on an in depth article about our squad and its chances in the premier league with new manager Potter. :facepalm:
Owen has just confirmed via the Potter press conference no further incomings aside from Mooy and expectation for Hemed to go out on loan, again.

So expect Naylor’s story to be one about Potter’s wife’s favourite pot plant at this time of the year. Or similar.
Who'd a thunk it.

Yet Jem wants to have a go at me for doubting Naylor :rolleyes:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair, had only seen the smaller image on twitter until this thread. The tattoo on his arm has me thinking it's legit and can't see any really obvious photoshop give aways. I take it back.

Can’t see tat in that pic? Is there another?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Could be a bit of classic Naylor, tantalising us with the idea a big player is on the way but really meaning he is hard at work on an in depth article about our squad and its chances in the premier league with new manager Potter. :facepalm:

With typical Naylor 'Analysis' which isn't analysis but a description of things with no discussion of background, implications and areas of improvement. Ended with a sentence stating the obvious. aNAYLORsis.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
That can't be right.

I have it on good authority from a few bellends on here that Stephens is Championship at best, along with Barnes.

That only shows passing %'s. There's a helluva lot more to being a CM than just passing. Also comparing him to Stephens is a little pointless IMO, Stephens is a deep sitting CM more likely breaking up play, tackling and interceptions etc. It's like chalk and cheese.
I'd be very happy for Mooy to come, though I imagine he'll be a squad player. Maybe someone to push Propper, but can't see him ever stepping into Stephens shoes.
Not sure where he'll fit once Bissouma is back but that's Potter's problem, not mine. There's always that outside chance he just fits in perfectly and becomes indispensable. Good cheap signing if it happens.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Who'd a thunk it.

Yet Jem wants to have a go at me for doubting Naylor :rolleyes:

I think you need help... Naylor did a pretty good job reporting on Albion over the years, and I've no doubt that will continue in his new role...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This time two years ago, both Gros and Propper were not proven PL quality (and neither were Dunk, March, Izquierdo and quite a few others); 12 months ago neither were Bissouma (or Bernardo for that matter).
As for the names you mention, would that be the Beram Kayal with 37 PL appearances under his belt? As well as Sanders and Alzate, we also have Baluta and Richards waiting to step up on to the launch pad - and I'd bet a tidy sum that Richards didn't leave Man. City to come to us on a promise of U23 football and a loan out to somewhere like \Riotherham...................

You are not the only one to think Richards will be competing for a midfield berth this season.

With the strength of our squad the forthcoming League cup match (whoever it is) should prove interesting.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you need help... Naylor did a pretty good job reporting on Albion over the years, and I've no doubt that will continue in his new role...

Yes, but he was no substitute for John Vinnicombe, was he........................

:wink:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Going to be interesting to see how clickbait-y Andy Naylor's tweets are, as there's a need to attract subscribers and all writers have been offered equity in the company.

I thought they seemed less confrontational since he has joined the Athletic. He always seemed a bit pissed off with it all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, but he was no substitute for John Vinnicombe, was he........................

:wink:

100% agree.. he was the dogs...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I've said before that i dont see Mooy as better than what we have, i still dont, but he does offer very good competition, so on a seasons loan it's a good signing imho.

We also seem to be fixating on us playing 3-4-3, so where does he fit in? Well what if we play 3-4-1-2? He gives us options alongside Gross and Trossard to play the 1 in that formation, especially with (going by the previous two seasons) Gross being regularly replaced in the second half.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gross has needed proper (no pun intended) competition for 2 seasons...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not over excited at signing Mooy but he did have 1 good season in the Championship and 1 in The Premier for Huddersfield so give him the benefit of the doubt about last season and possibly injured, so a loan seems a sensible move. I cannot see that he will replace Stephens or Propper in the side but improves our squad in the absence of injured players.

As for the names you mention, would that be the Beram Kayal with 37 PL appearances under his belt? As well as Sanders and Alzate, we also have Baluta and Richards waiting to step up on to the launch pad - and I'd bet a tidy sum that Richards didn't leave Man. City to come to us on a promise of U23 football and a loan out to somewhere like Rotherham...................

If we are looking for experience to step in then Mooy will do the job if as expected GP is wanting youth to step up then he will look at Richards, Alazate and Sanders but Bissouma the natural cover, is injured and Kayal despite 37 appearances has shown that he isnt good enough for The Premier. So a season loan for Mooy makes sense in all departments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here