Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay *** SIGNED from Brentford - 4 year deal - undisclosed fee ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Away from the various :catfight:’s, is Maupay still signing for us?
All the news sources seem confident he will, but there's been nothing official. Wedge claims it was done at 9.30 this morning, but for some reason Maupay and the club have decided to keep quiet about it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Away from the various :catfight:’s, is Maupay still signing for us?

It’s mainly L’Equipe who’ve reported it. It looks close but clearly hasn’t been finalised yet. I reckon it’ll be confirmed tomorrow - just personal terms to sort it seems.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Other way round, Sir. Personal terms were agreed this morning. The fine tuning of the add-on clauses, the medical, and the communications follow.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Other way round, Sir. Personal terms were agreed this morning. The fine tuning of the add-on clauses, the medical, and the communications follow.

Now your outburst at Trig has been sorted can you please point us to posts where you’ve genuinely had an exclusive scoop?

Please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that's not what you said this morning. This morning you said "Apparently terms agreed and we have him." Now you're saying we don't have him, there are still clauses to be completed, and he hasn't had a medical yet.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Only SkySports are acting as if this isn't about to be announced. Everyone else is implying he'll be in ASAP.

Maupay, Olé, Olé, Olé, Maupay, Maupay

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Wedge said personal terms were done at 9:30 this morning. Keep up at the back.

My bad.
Call me cynical but he appears to tell us we are signing a player that is common knowledge we are after waits till it’s broken by someone actually reliable then tells us personal terms have been agreed and when it’s not announced he then tells us there is some hiccup??? Is this how ItK works?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
This is a long old thread so not looked at many pages previously, but has it been mentioned that it is surprising that the Brentford chairman even considered selling probably his best player to Brighton and Tony Bloom grinning from ear to ear because he probably will get their best player.
I mean they don't exactly get on either professionally or personally do they.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My bad.
Call me cynical but he appears to tell us we are signing a player that is common knowledge we are after waits till it’s broken by someone actually reliable then tells us personal terms have been agreed and when it’s not announced he then tells us there is some hiccup??? Is this how ItK works?

Works better with comma's.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is a long old thread so not looked at many pages previously, but has it been mentioned that it is surprising that the Brentford chairman even considered selling probably his best player to Brighton and Tony Bloom grinning from ear to ear because he probably will get their best player.
I mean they don't exactly get on either professionally or personally do they.

It was mentioned at one point. The Brentford fans have also mentioned it a few times that I've seen on Twitter and their forum. They were comforting themselves that there'd never be a deal between our clubs, chairman mortal enemies etc etc but even if there's some truth in that, it shows everyone has a price.

Supadupahands

Mar 10, 2016
It was mentioned at one point. The Brentford fans have also mentioned it a few times that I've seen on Twitter and their forum. They were comforting themselves that there'd never be a deal between our clubs, chairman mortal enemies etc etc but even if there's some truth in that, it shows everyone has a price.

This article although out of date has a summary

Bloom is not the only professional sports bettor in Britain. And Starlizard is not the only gambling consultancy in the UK – it’s not even the only one in North London.

Bloom’s great rival is Matthew Benham, the owner of Brentford FC who founded Smartodds, another stats-based gambling consultancy.

Similarities between Bloom and Benham abound. Like Bloom, Benham is a former City trader. Like Bloom, Benham has adopted a hedge-fund-like model, paying computer wizzes to build algorithms that help him beat the market. And like Bloom, Benham owns his boyhood football club.

Despite the similarities between the two, Benham and Bloom are archrivals. The pair first crossed paths at Premier Bet, the online bookmaker Bloom founded. Benham worked for Bloom, but the pair had a falling out that left them bitter rivals.

Former Starlizard employees say the feud is discussed often in the office but little understood beyond rumour and gossip.

SmartOdds was founded in 2004, two years before Starlizard, and is based in Highgate, North London – just down the road from Bloom’s offices.

Benham took over Brentford in 2012 and is noted for following a “Moneyball-style” statistical approach to running the club, an approach that helped him win the Danish super league with his other football club, Midtjylland.

Appears no one quite knows, I reckon they fell out over a lady...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Signing “very close” according to today’s online Argus

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here