Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I don’t agree. In the two positions I mentioned we have poor cover at best. In CM, we have a DCM who another PL team desperately tried to sign, a Dutch international, the most promising player at the club, and a cover player who Celtic want to re-sign. Plus a very promising Rumania U21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you watch us last season? We lost every game we lost and even some we got points from in centre midfield. It was blatently obviously our weakest area. Propper is very good, Bissouma is incredibly exciting but Stephens and Kayal are not good enough and urgently need replacing. Baluta looks promising but is obviously young and we don’t know how he will settle in his first season in the country so we can’t in anyway rely on him at the moment.

I agree we still need a right back and striker but centre midfield is the priority.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It’s pretty obvious that most of the players we sign from abroad are using us as a stepping stone but I’m not sure it’s necessary for Trossard’s agent to be saying it before he’s even kicked a ball for us. http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-agent-explains-reason-not-joining-beautiful-club-arsenal-summer/

Wow, that link is virtually unreadable, thanks to the number of ads crammed into it!
I have no qualms with players trying to get ahead in their chosen professions by playing for us for a season or two then going to a more established top tier side(not bigger club, cos we're semi massive now), be it in England or abroad. As long as they give their all whilst here, they go with my blessing. Luckily, we've not had many with shaqirismitis down here

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did you watch us last season? We lost every game we lost and even some we got points from in centre midfield. It was blatently obviously our weakest area. Propper is very good, Bissouma is incredibly exciting but Stephens and Kayal are not good enough and urgently need replacing. Baluta looks promising but is obviously young and we don’t know how he will settle in his first season in the country so we can’t in anyway rely on him at the moment.

I agree we still need a right back and striker but centre midfield is the priority.
I agree - Pröpper/Bissouma/Stephens/Kayal needs an overhaul this summer.

Băluţă goes a little towards this and Bissouma must stay.

So, we need to bring at least 1 new player in - if Ajax want Pröpper then he'll be gone; if not, I suspect King Kayal doesn't make the squad.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Although it is hard to speculate exactly how he will be utilised by GP, he looks to me to be perfectly suited to playing in a CAM or CF position. He looks to have vision, good passer, good finisher, both footed, quick. All the signs from the stats/show-reel are good. I'm far more confident on this signing than I was with last seasons Dutch-league acquisitions!

Why?
The Eredivisie is a far better league (and yet, aside from Ajax, is still vastly inferior to our level)

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Agree to disagree. 3rd priority for me, but still a priority...

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

In what way was Propper better than Stephens last year?
Stephens passed the ball forward more, had a higher pass accuracy and had the same number of goals/assists as Propper.
Not sure how you can say one is very good but the one with better stats is not good enough.
To me we have decent midfielders (always room for improvement in any position) but when Gross is out injured there is no link between them and the attack.
No coincidence to me that we fell away when Gross was injured or playing further back.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stephens passed the ball forward more, had a higher pass accuracy and had the same number of goals/assists as Propper.
Not sure how you can say one is very good but the one with better stats is not good enough.
To me we have decent midfielders (always room for improvement in any position) but when Gross is out injured there is no link between them and the attack.
No coincidence to me that we fell away when Gross was injured or playing further back.

Great post.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It’s pretty obvious that most of the players we sign from abroad are using us as a stepping stone but I’m not sure it’s necessary for Trossard’s agent to be saying it before he’s even kicked a ball for us. http://sportwitness.co.uk/players-agent-explains-reason-not-joining-beautiful-club-arsenal-summer/
Is it actually true that Arsenal have tried to sign him, or were they just keeping an eye on him, and the agent has exaggerated the rest? Talk of going there (or similar) a year from now might just be covering the 'well if Arsenal wanted him, why didn't he sign for them' question.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

So are we expecting a bid for Stephens from a champions league finalist aswell then? Come on.

Agreed we need another Gross, and a better version of ideally after last season’s poor form though potentially, Trossard could be that based on a ot of what’s been said about the way he plays.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So are we expecting a bid for Stephens from a champions league finalist aswell then? Come on.

I would say that any bid would be based on reputation rather than form shown last season.

Good player but would you say he showed the ability of a CL player after the turn of the year?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This. Good post.

Some go gooey eyed when they think of a Dutchman in CM pulling the strings, with balance, poise, vision and execution of the pass. In reality, Propper simply didn’t produce the goods.

Whilst gritty Stephens is an easy target.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leandro Trossard fête le titre avec un chant homophobe

https://www.7sur7.be/football-belge...be~a790da28/?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Alors qu'il faisait la fête dans une boîte de nuit à Hasselt, Trossard a chanté "alle boeren zijn homo's" (soit "tous les fermiers sont des homosexuels"), "boeren" étant un surnom attribué aux supporters du Club de Bruges, dauphin de Genk au classement de la Jupiler Pro League.

Did we (NSC) know about this storm in a waffle shop?

Catching up on The Warm Up and Mark Langdon just mentioned it.
You can be fairly certain if our new Belgiumist is a success this non-story will get a bit more of airtime.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Leandro Trossard fête le titre avec un chant homophobe

https://www.7sur7.be/football-belge...be~a790da28/?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Alors qu'il faisait la fête dans une boîte de nuit à Hasselt, Trossard a chanté "alle boeren zijn homo's" (soit "tous les fermiers sont des homosexuels"), "boeren" étant un surnom attribué aux supporters du Club de Bruges, dauphin de Genk au classement de la Jupiler Pro League.

Did we (NSC) know about this storm in a waffle shop?

Catching up on The Warm Up and Mark Langdon just mentioned it.
You can be fairly certain if our new Belgiumist is a success this non-story will get a bit more of airtime.

Was the chant 'all farmers are gay'? Only translated the chant so struggling to grasp the context!

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Why?
The Eredivisie is a far better league (and yet, aside from Ajax, is still vastly inferior to our level)

It may be a tad stronger but it's not light and day different.

I'm only going on the videos and show-reel, but he looks an exciting prospect. He looks like a marriage between Gross and Knockaert in terms of Gross' vision, creativity but also good quick feet and a good dribbler like Knockaert. I think it says a lot that he was captain of his team as well at the tender age of 24.

Time will tell obviously. Just have a good feeling about him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Wow, that link is virtually unreadable, thanks to the number of ads crammed into it!
I have no qualms with players trying to get ahead in their chosen professions by playing for us for a season or two then going to a more established top tier side(not bigger club, cos we're semi massive now), be it in England or abroad. As long as they give their all whilst here, they go with my blessing. Luckily, we've not had many with shaqirismitis down here

Using little Brighton as a stepping stone hasn't actually worked out too well for many of our foreign superstars yet, has it? Unless Manchester United are planning to rescue Jurgen Locadia from his Amex hell ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don’t know why.
Defended superbly, there is more to football than all out attack. [emoji6]

Totally agreed. If I was Dunk, Duffy or Ryan, I think I'd have lamped anyone who said we were lucky that day. Those 3 were absolutely ****ing superb.

Being really good at football across 90 minutes isn't being "lucky".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here