Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Honduras 0 Curacao 1

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Wow, Chris Hughton would have loved that battling defensive display by plucky minnows Curacao in the Gold Cup tonight. Capped off with a well-taken goal totally against the run of play by Leandro Bacuna of Cardiff, the first goal they've ever scored at this tournament at the 5th attempt.

Man of the Match was Curacao goalie Eloy Room who looked superb. Reminded me of the FDM in many ways. Currently the backup at PSV but he deserves to be the number one somewhere. He's 6' 2".

Honduras are going to be slaughtered back home. Hopefully not literally, but you never know in Honduras. They had 35 attempts at goal but their only shot that hit the net was ultimately disallowed for offside - and no VAR.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Haha yes, just watched it in the Bulldog Saloon, Whitefish, Montana. Wondered why they were letting a liqueur company take part in the tournament when I first saw it. Brilliant underdog win ... one to cheer up folk who don’t like football anymore.

As for The Bulldog ... page three girls plastered over the walls in the gents, poker table in the back room with scantily clad dealer. British squaddie on a 72 hour pass from his base in Canada came in and sat down next to me. Fortunately none of the locals heard our views on their tit-in-chief (or our shortly to be confirmed tit-in-chief). Back in the gents, guy stood next to me launched into a gynaecological monologue on how cavernous the ladies in the pics would now be. A group of grannies-on-the-piss exchanged hearty ‘see you next Tuesdays’ as they left because they won’t see each other until, er, next Tuesday. A surreal evening.

But the football was awesome, dudes.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Does Kemy Agustein still turn out for them?

Kemy's not played for them for a couple of years.

We might have another player connection with them in the future though, as their coach and Football Association want Locadia to change his international alliance, and instead play for them.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Haha yes, just watched it in the Bulldog Saloon, Whitefish, Montana. Wondered why they were letting a liqueur company take part in the tournament when I first saw it. Brilliant underdog win ... one to cheer up folk who don’t like football anymore.

As for The Bulldog ... page three girls plastered over the walls in the gents, poker table in the back room with scantily clad dealer. British squaddie on a 72 hour pass from his base in Canada came in and sat down next to me. Fortunately none of the locals heard our views on their tit-in-chief (or our shortly to be confirmed tit-in-chief). Back in the gents, guy stood next to me launched into a gynaecological monologue on how cavernous the ladies in the pics would now be. A group of grannies-on-the-piss exchanged hearty ‘see you next Tuesdays’ as they left because they won’t see each other until, er, next Tuesday. A surreal evening.

But the football was awesome, dudes.

search
😞

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
search

The fecking internet won't post my pic of the Bulldog in Whitefish, Montana. I heard it's great for football viewing and Trump supporting. Not your normal combination.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here