Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 6 [now: 7] straight matches without scoring a single goal

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It was a fantastic performance yesterday - exactly what was needed. Could have attacked, had lots of shots on target and lost.
Would far rather, given our situation, play like we did and get a point.

It was a much needed, backs to the wall, don't let them score, 100% effort for 90 minutes performance. No shots means it really wasn't a fantastic performance. Wolves hit the woodwork twice, thank goodness. We hit the halfway line. When commentators say "Brighton are playing like the Wolves' half is full of landmines" says it really wasn't a 'fantastic performance'.

It's great that we got a point but that kind of performance is why I've stopped going to away games after 20 odd years. Great if you are happy with that. I'm not. Wolves manager looked embarrassed for us when interviewed after the match. 2 games, 47 shots by Wolves and somehow they never scored-perhaps he should be embarrassed? Those 4 points could be crucial.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
It was a much needed, backs to the wall, don't let them score, 100% effort for 90 minutes performance. No shots means it really wasn't a fantastic performance. Wolves hit the woodwork twice, thank goodness. We hit the halfway line. When commentators say "Brighton are playing like the Wolves' half is full of landmines" says it really wasn't a 'fantastic performance'.

It's great that we got a point but that kind of performance is why I've stopped going to away games after 20 odd years. Great if you are happy with that. I'm not. Wolves manager looked embarrassed for us when interviewed after the match. 2 games, 47 shots by Wolves and somehow they never scored-perhaps he should be embarrassed? Those 4 points could be crucial.

Fantastic performance in the circumstances. It was what was needed.
And we did have shots - they just weren't on target.
Very similar to Palace for me except Knocky's long shot went in but Kayal's went just over.
With due respect the last 20 years have all been in lower divisions so of course away games are harder now. We open up and go all out attack in this division and we get torn apart like Fulham.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
The reason we had to play like that against Wolves was due to the inept performances against Cardiff and Saints. Not forgetting Hughton wasn't going to start with Kayal, who might not even have got on, and was MOTM!! Has Hughton ruined all our expensive strikers or not given them a fair crack, playing the way we do.

D

Deleted member 2719

Amazing even palarse are showing us how to play football.

If you shoot away from home against a top six side you can bring home 3 points.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2019-04-21-18-41-17.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2019-04-21-18-41-17.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 452

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can you imagine what's it been like for those poor ******** that have been to every one of those games?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
O Grady scores we're on the pitch. O Grady scores we're on the pitch.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What a load of nonsense. Not about the amount of goals you score? Just as well considering we've managed TWO all year. We were 12 points clear of relegation , why weren't we banging the goals in at that point?

You need to look at how shit we are. Really shit. No shots on target yesterday. None. F.uck all.

You want lots of goals or to avoid relegation? Anyway as the quality improves the goals WILL come.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, it is a sad state of affairs when we look at a nil nil draw as if it were a victory. But that is where we are at and we must face it.
I'd be pleased with the same tomorrow night.

After The Saints and Cardiff games it certainly felt like a victory to me. I think we might just get something tomorrow too, although a shot on target might just be a bridge too far :wink:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
What a load of nonsense. Not about the amount of goals you score? Just as well considering we've managed TWO all year. We were 12 points clear of relegation , why weren't we banging the goals in at that point?

You need to look at how shit we are. Really shit. No shots on target yesterday. None. F.uck all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This is what I love about NSC, people coming on castigating the manager/players for how rubbish they are, then can’t get basic facts right... 2 goals this year, really?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here