Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Team For Wolves

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’d like to see him go 5-3-2 to tighten up at the back, match Wolves’ formation and to play 2 up front and tell the wing backs to get forward when we have possession :

Ryan

Bruno or Montoya
Dunk
Burn
Duffy
Bernardo

Kayal
Propper
Bissouma

Andone
Murray

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The one benefit of playing Wolves away is that they are probably the only team in this league more predictable than us. They struggle against defensively compact teams lower in the league than them because their usual counter attacking game isn't as effective without the space for the front two to run into. So as much as I'm all for a more attacking approach, I actually think a low block with a tight midfield in front of them is probably the best thing for us in this particular match.

So Ryan, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo (maybe even Bong for this one as I think keeping us compact is more necessary here than the overall balance), March, Stephens, Kayal, Izquierdo, Gross and Andone for me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Button
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Montoya Kayal Stephens Bernardo
Propper
Andone

Goals have been going past Ryan too easily. Montoya and Bernardo offer some attacking possibilities but can also get back and shore up the defence. Chelsea played this way a few years ago, with wing-backs in front of full backs.

Like the look of that team. Won't happen though, sadly.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
May be he picks up the tab from behind the bar?
And promptly shifts it sideways to somebody not at the club

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Izquerdo and locadia both advertising game on insta make of that what you will! Surely Solly will start though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Izquerdo and locadia both advertising game on insta make of that what you will! Surely Solly will start though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No team news from the Gem this weekend?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Believe it’s off the table for good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inevitable, it had to happen, I guess, must have given an apoplectic PB sleepless nights as they tried to find the mole :lolol: I’m surprised that the team is chosen so far in advance though.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Inevitable, it had to happen, I guess, must have given an apoplectic PB sleepless nights as they tried to find the mole :lolol: I’m surprised that the team is chosen so far in advance though.

Although it gives us a few more hours to moan about the selection, the selection should be kept under wraps until an hour before kick off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Button
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Montoya Kayal Stephens Bernardo
Propper
Andone

Goals have been going past Ryan too easily. Montoya and Bernardo offer some attacking possibilities but can also get back and shore up the defence. Chelsea played this way a few years ago, with wing-backs in front of full backs.

In midfield, Kayal coming back is a no-brainer: well overdue. Gross looked too far from fitness against Cardiff, but why not play Propper in his best position? He's a liability in front of the defence because he can't or won't tackle but in the number ten role he might even be able to slip Andone in behind the defence.

I guess that’s one way of saying our wingers are garbage - and hard to argue with

The one benefit of playing Wolves away is that they are probably the only team in this league more predictable than us. They struggle against defensively compact teams lower in the league than them because their usual counter attacking game isn't as effective without the space for the front two to run into. So as much as I'm all for a more attacking approach, I actually think a low block with a tight midfield in front of them is probably the best thing for us in this particular match.

So Ryan, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bernardo (maybe even Bong for this one as I think keeping us compact is more necessary here than the overall balance), March, Stephens, Kayal, Izquierdo, Gross and Andone for me.

Phew! And Chris was really going to go for it today - get that shape well back in our own half, lads!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Button

Bruno Burn Dunk Montoya

AJ Kayal Propper March

Gross Andone/Locadia

Anyone who will make an effort as a team basically

I thought about putting Montoya at left back as well, but;

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Groß Stephens Pröpper Bernardo
Andone
Locadia​

Bissouma, Izquierdo both used subs if fit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Izquierdo in for aj, Bernardo dropped, bong in

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
def89f36f824b4f650a37be75dedb532.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Think I’d trust March over Montoya, who has been another disappoint in 2019.

Montoya is good at interceptions. He would be more useful on the right side of midfield, Doesn't play like a full back for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here