Subs
Button
Bong
Burn
Molumby
Jahanbaksh
Gyokeres
Andone

AK run himself into the ground today so let him recharge for next Sat, Propper took a knock and will be more suited to Wembley pitch and Murray struggling it as lone striker in this 4-3-3 and pace needed
Makes sense to me. Especially Propper. Give him a chance to prepare properly for Saturday.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Button

Bruno
Burn
Balogun
Bong

Kayal
Sanders
Groß

Gyökeres
Locadia
Izquierdo

Against Chelsea?

**** me, if we start giving up on league games now we will go down. We play the same team as yesterday, possibly with Andone (if match fit) in for Murray. Possibly Kayal for Propper (who clearly hasn't recovered from the niggle that kept him out of the Holland side). Ideally we can bring on Izzy rather than Solly (who was absolute shite yesterday - the one player I might suggest actually was unprofessionally thinking about Saturday). We can get a point at the Bridge and should make sure we don't bend over. Coming out in stockings and suspenders isn't going to help our cause in that regard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why a result at Chelsea is much more important. Given the choice of a win and a defeat this week I would go for the win Wednesday.

This

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Propper
March

Andone (or Murray if Andone isn’t ready)

Would like to Brighton play on the counter without the ball, but to attack directly when on it. Bernardo and March have pace down the left so should be the main outlet. They play with a packed midfield so we need to too or will easily get overrun. Might get overran matching them anyway. Kayal had a good game away to Chelsea last season so I’ve dropped the inconsistent Bissouma. Chelsea blow hot or cold this year, key is to keep it tight and take chances, crowd will be on their back.

Players to show fight please.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Against Chelsea?

**** me, if we start giving up on league games now we will go down. We play the same team as yesterday, possibly with Andone (if match fit) in for Murray. Possibly Kayal for Propper (who clearly hasn't recovered from the niggle that kept him out of the Holland side). Ideally we can bring on Izzy rather than Solly (who was absolute shite yesterday - the one player I might suggest actually was unprofessionally thinking about Saturday). We can get a point at the Bridge and should make sure we don't bend over. Coming out in stockings and suspenders isn't going to help our cause in that regard.

Yep, we play the best team on Wednesday and worry about Saturday after. For me Locadia for Murray but only if Andone not 100%, Kayal yes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, we play the best team on Wednesday and worry about Saturday after. For me Locadia for Murray but only if Andone not 100%, Kayal yes.

After posting what I did I was reading anther post and realised I'd forgotten all about Locardia. I agree with what you wrote.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bernardo

Stephens
Kayal
Propper
Gross

Andone
Locadia

edited . . .**** the wingers, they pull us apart too much. Although It's more a case that players need to turn up and play at the moment . . . . a bit of desire top win wouldn't go a miss either, if its not coming from the manager then mutiny is in order.

Last edited:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
The reality is it probably wont matter which players are on the pitch given that Chelsea "should" be favourites for three points , however , Chelsea have not exactly been consistent and if by some miracle we are still level mid way through second half the crowd will be at them and we may steal a point or three.

One thing is for certain , play that dreadfully slow pace we did against Saints and they will tear us a new one with frills on it and make us even more depressed despite a cup semi that we wont look forward to with any hope.

Has to be Murray benched & an overhaul of the midfield , even an U23's or two must be better than what we have seen recently.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Have to play the first team, it’s a far more important game than Saturday’s now after that shit show yesterday. They need to prove themselves professionally that they deserve a game at Wembley anyway as yesterday was shameful from an application and performance point of view.

Desperately hope Andone is fit. He’s now our most important player for the rest of the season IMO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Against Chelsea?

**** me

That team was selected assuming we’d have been on 36 points and other results had gone our way. Change of plan now........

So Pröpper had a stinker yesterday, let’s give the lad a rest as he might still be feeling the effects of whatever kept him out of the Holland game.

Bring in King Kayal to operate deep with Stephens with fit and ready Groß to push on a bit.

Locadia has earned a start up front after his last two very impressive sub appearances. Let’s stick Izzy and March next to him to give them both a chance to make a case for a Wembley start. Pop Andone on towards the end and I reckon we might get a point cone Wednesday.

Ryan

Montoya
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Stephens
Kayal
Groß

March
Locadia
Izquierdo

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd play:

Ryan
Bruno, Duffy, Balogun, Bong
Montoya, Stephens, Pröpper, Bissouma, March
Murray (for 66 minutes)

Subs: Button, Dunk, Burn, Bernardo, Kayal, Knockaert, Locadia

I want Bruno match ready for Wembley, Montoya intercepting in midfield and dealing with hazards.
I also want Andone, Locadia and Izquierdo in the squad for Wembley. Dunk gets a rest for Chelsea. Groß not forgotten.

Side designed to beat Chelsea. City are a different kettle.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes I do , most players do not reach the FA Cup final during their careers. They have won promotion and played in the Premier but not a Cup Final. I think they have become complacent and said we have many games to get the 7 points required but 1 chance to get to Wembley exactly the same as the 83 squad.

Yes, but it's not the final, is it. Not even a final; just a semi-final, no more Wembley kudos than playing Spurs away.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I favour Kayal’s more feisty approach for the Chelsea match.

I favour Kayal's more feisty approach for EVERY match. How much longer are we going to be tortured by "sideways Stephens" failing to retain the ball?

It has been suggested that CH is "staying loyal" to the players that got us promoted. If that's true it's very admirable............but totally bloody pointless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here