Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So what tricks has May got left to force people to vote for her deal ?

A general election?

That may sway the DUP as the chances of them having this much power is low.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
can I give my vote to you and then you can put it where you think it should go ?

why don't you give yourself a day off, you haven't stopped whining since before the referendum, then you post a tweet from David Schneider, yes David Schneider ............

You have a problem with David Schneider?
Doesn't that make you a Labour Party activist?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last night CU lost by 7, People's Vote by 27. BBC this morning incapable of reporting this, still scared of the government

Lets have a final vote on May's deal and get it out the way, we should give one last chance for the Brexiteers. Do they want their Brexit or not?

I notice 2 SNP MP's went against the party whip and abstained on the public vote option last night, this on top of Blackford now calling for a general election yesterday. I think I can guess how they'll frame their election campaign if Boris Johnson is PM.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Well that was a waste of bloody time wasn't it. Give us a vote on options, they said, and then they couldn't support a single alternative.

They really are a bunch of cockjugglingthunder*****, with May right at the top of steaming heap.

:ffsparr:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well that was a waste of bloody time wasn't it. Give us a vote on options, they said, and then they couldn't support a single alternative.

They really are a bunch of cockjugglingthunder*****, with May right at the top of steaming heap.

:ffsparr:

I'm going to resign if my deal goes through...

Knowing her deal isn't going to go through.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Having had a while to digest the result of the indicative votes I actually find it reassuring that a confirmatory vote and a customs union topped the poll both with more support than Mays deal has ever had, also the Labour soft Brexit came in third again with support that more or less matched May's deal.

I expect May's deal in it's current form to fail due to lack of DUP support. However were May to add a confirmatory vote to the WA then I think it would pass. Parliament cannot speak with a clear voice, but it can come up with something that can be put back to the people for the electorate to finally decide on a concrete proposal.

That it has come to this is a national humiliation, a PM resorting to resignation to try and get a deal through. Never exiting the EU promptly, May cannot even exit her own job properly. An utter farce, and at the heart of it lies the internal strife of the Conservative party, who's interests have been put ahead of the country yet again. A complete shambles.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The *no deal* cliff edge on April 12th now starts to loom large.

At least we're getting 2 extra weeks to stockpile and prepare further.

Just brimmed the car fuel tanks. Jerry cans to legal maximum tomorrow, and last extra supermarket stockpile run on Saturday.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Hi. It's time for this month's standard "Mejona asks a basic brexit question as he is confused again".

Please can someone simply reply if I've understood this rightly or wrongly....

Lots of MPs said "WE DON'T LIKE YOUR DEAL. THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT DECISION FOR THE COUNTRY. WE SIMPLY CAN'T BACK IT".

Theresa then says "If you back it, I'll leave"

And now lots of MP's WILL vote for the deal which they originally said they didn't feel was the right one for the country because it will mean she leaves?

Again, I'm a brexit THICKO so happy to be informed where I've got this wrong as it does seem ridiculous if that was the case. I must be wrong.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Having had a while to digest the result of the indicative votes I actually find it reassuring that a confirmatory vote and a customs union topped the poll both with more support than Mays deal has ever had, also the Labour soft Brexit came in third again with support that more or less matched May's deal.

I expect May's deal in it's current form to fail due to lack of DUP support. However were May to add a confirmatory vote to the WA then I think it would pass. Parliament cannot speak with a clear voice, but it can come up with something that can be put back to the people for the electorate to finally decide on a concrete proposal.

That it has come to this is a national humiliation, a PM resorting to resignation to try and get a deal through. Never exiting the EU promptly, May cannot even exit her own job properly. An utter farce, and at the heart of it lies the internal strife of the Conservative party, who's interests have been put ahead of the country yet again. A complete shambles.

Surely the way forward is to knock the worst supported options off the list, have further debate and then vote again in order to reach some common consensus ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Surely the way forward is to knock the worst supported options off the list, have further debate and then vote again in order to reach some common consensus ?

If May's deal is not passed on Friday (if it is indeed subjected to a MV3) then that is what is planned for Monday I believe.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Ken Clarke the best leader of the Conservative Party they never had. If there are red Tories in Labour, Clarke is blue Labour in the Conservatives. Never quite elected as leader because there are frankly too many loons in the Conservative Party to have allowed a liberal moderate like Clarke to lead. They chose Ian Duncan Smith instead. Morons. You only had to listen to Rees Mogg yesterday try to put down Nick Boles by referring to him being wrong because he was an Old Wykehamist compared to his status as Old Etonian to realise how detached some of the Tory party are.

I've been watching far too much BBC Parliament than is healthy. I have it on while I'm working listening to most of the debates. I'm unable to relate to many of the Tory MPs. I couldn't imagine having a conversation or even remotely any common ground with them. So when the odd one speaks and sounds reasonable, they stick out like a beacon surrounded by a sea of smug rocks only interested in their next wreck.

Personally, if we are to leave then I'd rather trust a motion put forward by Ken Clarke, than anything the likes the ERG are pushing for. I've not seen one of them speak that have remotely engaged me in anyway. Even Arlene Foster has made more sense defending her position, even though I have nothing but contempt for the women.

You then get the likes of Sir Bill Cash speak to BBC, and the audacity of the man is breath taking, criticising the house for intransigence when he continually votes down his own government, speaking for the people, the boarding school man of privilege, born into his wealth, caught claiming £15k in expenses he had to pay back. Detestable man, speaking for the 'people', do **** off.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here