Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
2548788.jpg

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling...win-2019-milan-sanremo_sto7195827/story.shtml

Whos going to win this year?!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Normal service is resumed. I am a nimrod with erratic front light luck.

Yesterday the plan was a bit of hilly ride with an estimated mileage of the low 50s.

As I ventured off manor, I decided to play it by ear a bit. Turn left, south then left again to point for home. Dunno what happened, maybe the turns were after lots of subtle right bends. When I went past Lingfield horse racing place, I thought I was heading east. Wrong. Later on it was a case of "you what" when I saw signs (for the A22) for Croydon and East Grinstead, neither or which I wanted pointing the wrong way. Still hadn't twigged I was heading west. Called it right to head north but then got flummoxed in the middle of nowhere where every sign had the same three towns on them. Confusing as fukk. I was expecting a most odd gps trail. Eventually got a route sussed but I hadn't banked on that extra distance, not on top of the hills earlier. The last 20 really were 'get home' level.

No long ago I dared suggest front light harmony. Now the fukken 'be seen' one is on strike. Might have to go for a knob gobbler on the front too.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Anyone else venturing over to Belgium this weekend for a couple of classics? Apart from Tour De France in Brighton years back and the occasional Milk Race passing along the seafront, lve, never seen a professional race. My cousin is very in to it so we are travelling via Eurostar on Thursday to watch the E3 Harelbeke on Friday on the Kwaremont, then the Gent-Wevelgem on the Kemmelberg on Sunday. Staying in Ypres.

I've been addicted to watching the 3 Grand tours on TV over last few years, so very much looking forward to seeing these nutters up close, with lots of Belgian beer to savour, and the history of Ypres to soak up too!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Anyone else venturing over to Belgium this weekend for a couple of classics? Apart from Tour De France in Brighton years back and the occasional Milk Race passing along the seafront, lve, never seen a professional race. My cousin is very in to it so we are travelling via Eurostar on Thursday to watch the E3 Harelbeke on Friday on the Kwaremont, then the Gent-Wevelgem on the Kemmelberg on Sunday. Staying in Ypres.

I've been addicted to watching the 3 Grand tours on TV over last few years, so very much looking forward to seeing these nutters up close, with lots of Belgian beer to savour, and the history of Ypres to soak up too!

Excellent stuff!

I have never been to a professional road race, been to a few City Centre crits, but nothing world tour. Post lots of pics, as this is something I would love to do.

The Tour de Yorkshire is going past the end of my road this year, which I am really looking forward to!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

My wife and I were going to go over to the Paris Roubaix this year - but the kids school ski trip got in the way & now we cant afford to do it. Maybe next year....
Only seen the TDF up close, both here & over in France - had a great day out with a mate a few years back when it went through Dieppe. Caught the midnight ferry from Newhaven, spent the morning eating, drinking, and staking a spot - watched the race come through, then spent a bit more time in the cafes until the ferry back. Long day, but worth it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

You've picked a fine weekend there :thumbsup:

We're going over again to watch the finale of both E3 and GW, and also ride E3 again. Not riding GW again this year though as doing our own thing on cobbled climbs over Oudenaarde way on the Saturday instead.

E3 longest route (148km) sportive.... 14 euros :). Can you imagine paying that sort of money over here!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You've picked a fine weekend there :thumbsup:

We're going over again to watch the finale of both E3 and GW, and also ride E3 again. Not riding GW again this year though as doing our own thing on cobbled climbs over Oudenaarde way on the Saturday instead.

E3 longest route (148km) sportive.... 14 euros :). Can you imagine paying that sort of money over here!

Excellent! Where are you staying?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Excellent! Where are you staying?

Kortrijk. 10 minute ride to finish line in Harelbeke, 20 min ride to finish line in Wevelgem :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not that I have any money (so don't look too hard), but it's that time of year again when I'd like a new frame.

So if anyone happens to notice a 'soft' race/sportive setup, bargain, new frame about, please let me know.

Ta muchly.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Hi All,

I am going to cycle the BM ride on April the 14th as you know it starts at 07.00 with the last riders off at 07.10. Where would be the best place to park the car withing a mile or so from the start line ( so I dont have too far to cycle after finishing) I was thinking the marina or up around the level ??

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's something I wouldn't have expected to see, from our community.

D2WWqfnWwAARDZN.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi All,

I am going to cycle the BM ride on April the 14th as you know it starts at 07.00 with the last riders off at 07.10. Where would be the best place to park the car withing a mile or so from the start line ( so I dont have too far to cycle after finishing) I was thinking the marina or up around the level ??

Wouldn't parking in that direction leave you locked in.
Shirley it would be better to park around (or in) Hove Station?

Have a good ride.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Another 'sake'.

Need a new front wheel too. Within 6 weeks is the advice as I plan to do the Castle 100 in mid May.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where is that? I have never boycotted a LBS before, but will now, even though I've never heard of it.

It popped up on cycling weekly so don't panic it could be anywhere, I can't remember where, but I would if it were local.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bad news folks, Rapha have got onto the custom kit bandwagon

https://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/custom

Rapha Kit 1.png

Rapha 2.png

Sadly (or fortunately) I can't to the wizardry to get the Albion's logo onto the jersey, so I rather lost interest.

I promise, when I'm a mill-yun-hair I will kit us out.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here