Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Positives from Saturday

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
An over officious steward confiscated my bag of wine gums upon entry stating I might throw them onto the pitch. Probably saved me 300 calories although still felt a bit annoyed as they cost me £1.50.

I'm amazed that they still sell sweets in the ground. Barber hasn't thought through the safety implications.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
An over officious steward confiscated my bag of wine gums upon entry stating I might throw them onto the pitch. Probably saved me 300 calories although still felt a bit annoyed as they cost me £1.50.

That is ridiculous... they sell rock hard rhubarb and custards in the ground. :nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do people honestly watch the game, or just make their minds up from the result?

Quite a few watch the game via the tv or streams where you cannot see the whole picture, only what the cameras are actually focusing on.
We watched the West Brom game on BBC on Wednesday and commented exactly the same thing.
When the result goes against us, then those who have only watched via a screen, will only have a limited view of the game.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought we played pretty well - it was really only Heaton that kept us from winning.
Just our luck to come up against two keepers two weeks on the trot that probably played their best games all season for their respective clubs

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
That is ridiculous... they sell rock hard rhubarb and custards in the ground. :nono:

Yeah - and I wasn't joking either. I usually take a bag of sweets in with me (but not drinks). I won't risk it again. Wonder whether the steward ate them?

Last edited:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales

Is that a joke ? I mean did a steward really nab your wine gums ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do people honestly watch the game, or just make their minds up from the result?

Heaton pulled off a string of superb saves in that 1st half. March had a decent effort early, then forced a cracking save when it looked certain to be a goal. Gross (widely criticised) was also suffering at the hands of Heaton, who pulled off two great 1st half saves from his efforts, the second of which was a finger tip effort guiding the ball barely wide of the post, which was quite frankly incredible.

A nothing ball, became a through ball on goal because Dunk slipped over, and we found ourselves 1-0 down and incredibly unlucky to be there.

Second half, they scored two on the break, the second of which came from a clearance that had more of a place at Twickenham than the Amex. A sliding-doors moment on the day, where rather than having a penalty for 1-2, and all the momentum to attack for the equaliser, we find ourselves facing a penalty and going 0-3 down.

Yes we lost, to a team who operated a classic smash and grab, and did it well. But the level of doom and gloom I'm hearing is as if we are in Huddersfield position rather than our own.

No no no.....the positivity from that game was none! We played at home against a fellow struggler and lost 3-1. That is a fact. Yes we could have had a few goals IF their keeper hadn't have had a blinder, but the result throws us 3 points off the relegation spot!

We know how we can play, we saw that against arsenal, Tottenham to a certain degree and manu, ...that performance at times was unacceptable and we only started playing against Watford in the last 10 minutes, and they were there for the taking.

So personally, and it is all about opinions, I took no positives at all from that game.

The cup is a positive distraction and it will be interesting who he puts out as a team, as if we play like we did for great periods of the game against derby we will lose.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I had a great night out in town and proved you can get just as good a nights kip on the carpet having rolled out of bed pissed.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The guest chilli pie was bloody delicious. Hot and crisp pastry, well-filled, meaty and a little more spicy than last week :drool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here