Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's referee

Glanders

Mar 12, 2012
Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere, but the match preview on one of the toon forums says tonight's ref is known to come from 'a family of Huddersfield Town fans '. Could add some extra spice to any contentious decisions.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IMHO he is one of the better refs to come from the Premier and not full of his own importance lets just hope he stamps out any problems early and lets the game flow. CH appears to be quite happy with having him in charge this evening.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bearing in mind the relative positions, and the fixture on Saturday, IF I was a Hudds fan I'd want an Albion win tonight. Hope he agrees.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You might be able to argue the case both ways. Not sure it'll make much difference tbh,

Not really.

We are ahead, so they will need more points to catch US.

They don't play us again, so can't directly influence our results, but they do play NUFC on Saturday... if Newcastle lost tonight, and Hudds beat them on Saturday they will only be 2 points behind Newcastle with a game in hand. Catchable.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Decent ref I think but a stupid choice. Why do they open themselves up to criticism with appointments like this? If he contentiously sends off a Newcastle player who'll then be suspended against Huddersfield, their fans will be up in arms - and understandably so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Decent ref I think but a stupid choice. Why do they open themselves up to criticism with appointments like this? If he contentiously sends off a Newcastle player who'll then be suspended against Huddersfield, their fans will be up in arms - and understandably so.

Be there is always going to be referees with connections to something in a league. It'd be a nightmare to manage all the connotations.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Be there is always going to be referees with connections to something in a league. It'd be a nightmare to manage all the connotations.

Of course, but given that this is a three horse race - and was, at most, a 4 horse one when he would have been appointed, it didn't take a lot of working out. There were only 2 games involving PL clubs yesterday so they had plenty of refs to pick from.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Let's hope he hasn't read some of the hostile comments about Wakefield from some posters on here!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here