Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit voters Only - Free Movement or not ?

Did you vote Brexit

• Primarily to end free movement

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • End free movement as a significant factor

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Don't want to end free movement

Votes: 13 26.5%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There is some discussion on another thread as to the proportion of Brexit voters whose prime motivation was an end to Free Movement

So, for Brexit voters only

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We've got no supermarket trolleys left for the scrap collectors-enough is enough!???

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It was at the bottom of my list for voting for Brexit.
After years of studying the subject, I knew what lay ahead if we continued to stay in the EU. Unwittingly and unknowingly, many people in this country voted for out based on a premise that there are too many people coming into this country. They hadn't spent the time or effort to reason out why a certain agenda is being driven forward. A very clever agenda that has swept up many millions in its wake and led them to believe that there is nothing else, this is the way forward.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It was at the bottom of my list for voting for Brexit.
After years of studying the subject, I knew what lay ahead if we continued to stay in the EU. Unwittingly and unknowingly, many people in this country voted for out based on a premise that there are too many people coming into this country. They hadn't spent the time or effort to reason out why a certain agenda is being driven forward. A very clever agenda that has swept up many millions in its wake and led them to believe that there is nothing else, this is the way forward.

What's the agenda and who's agenda is it ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There is some discussion on another thread as to the proportion of Brexit voters whose prime motivation was an end to Free Movement

So, for Brexit voters only

Do you not realise how futile it is to say for 'Brexit voters only'? The one certainty - if anybody takes any notice of this tread at all - is that some sad remoaners will vote "Primarily to end free movement" in order to re-inforce their particular belief that all Brexiters don't like foreigners coming here, and are essentially racist.
A bit like asking for Labour supporters only (among those thousands that have recently 'joined' the Labour party) to vote for Corbyn. Not as if some Tories will have signed up to vote Corbyn in order to make sure Labour remains unelectable. eh?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting to see that despite being in the 3rd day of this poll, far less than 10% of those voting to 'Brexit' on the main poll have bothered to vote. I stand by my opinion why the majority of those voting 'Out' did so.

Are the Brexiteers nervous of showing their true colours ?

Jan 30, 2008
Interesting to see that despite being in the 3rd day of this poll, far less than 10% of those voting to 'Brexit' on the main poll have bothered to vote. I stand by my opinion why the majority of those voting 'Out' did so.

NO, THEY VOTED AND WON
regards
DR

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

What a ridicuolus poll. Its like a poll: Do you beat your wife? Have you stopped beating your wife? Why do you beat your wife? No answer is the right answer.

If the question was less biased and "Remain stenched", maybe you would get Brexiteers like myself to answer. Its just another attempt to smeer Brexiteers with a Racism card rather than a real poll actually wanting to get information and showing "true colours" which you seem to be convinced though your (losing) Remain tinted goggles that is some Farage-esque, National Front, BNP laden, anti-Brit hatred of non UK citizens.

So, no i didnt vote on this biased poll and no, I am not afraid of showing my true colours - my 'colours' aren't represented on this stupid one sided biased and totally Remain biased ridicious poll.

Answer your point clear enough???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What a ridicuolus poll. Its like a poll: Do you beat your wife? Have you stopped beating your wife? Why do you beat your wife? No answer is the right answer.

If the question was less biased and "Remain stenched", maybe you would get Brexiteers like myself to answer. Its just another attempt to smeer Brexiteers with a Racism card rather than a real poll actually wanting to get information and showing "true colours" which you seem to be convinced though your (losing) Remain tinted goggles that is some Farage-esque, National Front, BNP laden, anti-Brit hatred of non UK citizens.

So, no i didnt vote on this biased poll and no, I am not afraid of showing my true colours - my 'colours' aren't represented on this stupid one sided biased and totally Remain biased ridicious poll.

I fully appreciate that although you didn't vote that you are one of the significant MINORITY who voted for Brexit on other grounds than those of the 90% who voted 'Out' for reasons which are patently clear.

You personally have no need to answer my "point clear enough"....the missing 90% are doing it for you.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Good post. I voted out on the day and have not bothered to vote on this poll either.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
As an slightly irrelevant point it was the limitations that the roman empire put onto free movement around the 4th century that started the feudal period.

OK, i'll get my coat....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find prunes are a good way to ensure free movement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I fully appreciate that although you didn't vote that you are one of the significant MINORITY who voted for Brexit on other grounds than those of the 90% who voted 'Out' for reasons which are patently clear.

You personally have no need to answer my "point clear enough"....the missing 90% are doing it for you.

Your point is proven by people not voting on your inherently biased poll ? Ok then.

D

Deleted member 22389

Comments like yours drove me to voting Leave. Shows a lack of experience really, of living in bubbles outside of any real immigration issues.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Why should people be concerned about showing their true colours?

There is no mainstream main reasoning of why people voted like democracy or sovereignty,primacy of the courts or regaining control of EU borders that is not a legitimate reason for voting to leave.
There are plenty of other lesser reasons that are also legitimate
Each are valid in their own right. On their own or collectively they make a strong case for leaving.

What true colours are you referring to that you think brexiters are nervous about revealing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here