Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A new royal Family a wild nobility WE ARE FAMILY!.....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saw him at the Concorde a year or so ago and it was though he'd been cryogenically frozen. Incredible performance that night.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He was excellent although we left after the encore started. I think he should have left it with Prince Charming. The Marc Bolan covers looked a bit unnecessary.

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw him at the Concorde last year playing Dirk and a lot of old stuff. The only real hit he played that night was Kings Of The Wild Frontier. Guessing last night was the complete opposite which put me off going and the fact it was seated. Sounds like it was good fun though.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Saw him at the Concorde last year playing Dirk and a lot of old stuff. The only real hit he played that night was Kings Of The Wild Frontier. Guessing last night was the complete opposite which put me off going and the fact it was seated. Sounds like it was good fun though.

Seated? yes like the north stand. On virtually the first note, the entire flat stalls stood up and stayed standing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

To be fair, I reckon you would have enjoyed most of it, given that description. He played the Kings of the Wild Frontier album pretty much in full and then played a lot of different stuff after that, maybe another 8 or 9 songs and apart from Stand and Deliver, Goody Two Shoes and a very cool version of Prince Charming at the end, I didn't recognise many of the songs at all. And everybody stood - one of those gigs where no-one was trying to be too cool for school, the crowd responded brilliantly.

Credit to his band who were very tight and sounded superb. I'm not sure given the space limitations whether the Concorde gig had the 2 drummers but with the full length of the Brighton Centre it worked like a treat. As I said, above - we left after the encore started but there was something for every type of fan at the gig last night and just as importantly, he looked great, sounded great and finally when he did interact with the audience (not a single word spoken between songs for the first hour) he came across as relaxed.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Seated, not a chance...The second he arrived on stage me and the good Dr. were away from the shyte raised stalls and leaning (well I have just turned 50) on the barrier at the front

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here