Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nobody gives us a hope in hell

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just finished listening to "The Game" podcast by the Times while I was in the gym at lunch-time.

Obviously City are favourites, but my God, the way they completely dismiss us, & to some degree Watford, it really is breathtaking stuff.
Monday's episode, if you have a chance, give it a listen. Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

CH should play a couple of soundbites to the team, made me really angry anyway, because the big teams ALWAYS win, don't they? ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I get that we're second favourites against City by some distance. But I'm not quite getting the Wolves love-in. Watford are perfectly capable of turning them over.

It's just a bunch of uneducated pundits who didn't pay any attention to the way in which Wolves got themselves out of the Championship, pretending it's some kind of miracle that plucky Wolves have made such a fist of it in their first season, those brave heroes in Old Gold.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's why i don't listen to this nonsense along with Talkshite.

We will most likely lose but it's not set in stone.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Every dog has its day and hopefully 6th April will be ours. It will all be about a quadruple chasing city who in all fairness on their day are one of the best sides on the planet. However when it comes down to it it’s just 11 v 11. Sure we will step up and be the 12th man and hopefully make a difference. Bar that whatever happens it will be a great day to be a Brighton fan

Unsure why anyone would write Watford off mind. Comfortable win away v wolves earlier in the season and not lost to anyone outside the top 6 since Xmas time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You ain't seen nothing yet, and sadly you never will.

Assuming City win we will be told just how and why City won.
If they were to lose we will be told just how and why City lost.

Eventually you'll hear 30 secs of chat that'll start with:-

'I guess we should say something about Brighton, before all their fans complain'.

SAC

May 21, 2014
On their day, City are amazing. They have had a few off days and have a lot of football to play before the end of the season. It would be an upset but not a massive one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You ain't seen nothing yet, and sadly you never will.

Assuming City win we will be told just how and why City won.
If they were to lose we will be told just how and why City lost.

Eventually you'll hear 30 secs of chat that'll start with:-

'I guess we should say something about Brighton, before all their fans complain'.

Indeed. I recall fondly the match report published in one of the national newspapers after we lost at Old Trafford earlier this season. Apart from where the score was listed in the article header, there was not a single mention of the word "Brighton" (or Albion, or Seagulls etc) in the entire, full page report.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
On their day, City are amazing. They have had a few off days and have a lot of football to play before the end of the season. It would be an upset but not a massive one.

Bookies have us as long as 18/1 for a 2 team game. They have a week break before the game we have 3 days, although they may have an eye on their Tuesday game you can’t deny it would be a massive shock if we won

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mind you, this is the paper that gave us the match report from Man Utd v Brighton, without mentioning the word Brighton!

I recall fondly the match report published in one of the national newspapers after we lost at Old Trafford earlier this season. Apart from where the score was listed in the article header, there was not a single mention of the word "Brighton" (or Albion, or Seagulls etc) in the entire, full page report.
Keep up Edna.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
image.jpg

Well, Saturday....but you get what I mean.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Every dog has its day and hopefully 6th April will be ours. It will all be about a quadruple chasing city who in all fairness on their day are one of the best sides on the planet. However when it comes down to it it’s just 11 v 11. Sure we will step up and be the 12th man and hopefully make a difference. Bar that whatever happens it will be a great day to be a Brighton fan

Unsure why anyone would write Watford off mind. Comfortable win away v wolves earlier in the season and not lost to anyone outside the top 6 since Xmas time
Reminds me a bit of that Boro Chesterfield semi where nobody gave third tier Chesterfield a hope in hell.

Turned into a massive epic and a brilliant match. Chesterfield were robbed because they had a perfectly good goal ruled out (which goal line tech would have given) which would have put them 3-1 up with about 20 minutes to go.

As the Swansea game showed, on the day anything can happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here