Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Amazing day - referees giving even more shocking decisions against our rivals than against us (though I'm still miffed that we weren't awarded that nailed on pen in the first half) - penalty awarded against Everton for a nailed-on absolutely 100% red card offence; Lee Mason fails to deliver, GK (who shouldn't even be on the pitch) saves the pen and Everton go up the other end and score!

Talk about refs totally changing games!

I thought they stopped the double jeopardy of sending off the keeper and giving the penalty. I guess the pundits forget this.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I thought they stopped the double jeopardy of sending off the keeper and giving the penalty. I guess the pundits forget this.
Double jeopardy is when there is a genuine attempt to get the ball inside the box. Nothing to do with goalkeepers. And there was no attempt to get the ball.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Millwall are losing 2-0 at the moment, which could have an influence over our match with them next week. If they lose today, that will be four straight losses.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

They stopped it being automatic double jeopardy - the daft idea that if there was a pen somebody had to be sent off, regardless of how mild was the offence. The option for a red card is still there if the nature of the foul warrants it; by all accounts in this case it did (just as the pen we should have had when Duffy was wrestled to the ground would not have warranted a sending off).

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Hope the croydon fire station is on full alert tonight

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
today was incredible couldn't get to my seat so stood in a congested gangway and it was the closest to terracing I have been in many a year and i have stood in a few gangways recently but this was just unbelievable.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Ive only just watched the Match on record, as I had to go out earlier.
Murrays face when Knocker scored was a picture,

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Their gameplan is genuinely 'get it to Zaha so he can spin round in the box til he gets the chance to go down'.

I was thinking that. What ****ing boring football to watch - get it to your one good player and hope you get a penalty. That’s basically it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just started to watch the match (working earlier)....on the radio WA was going on about AK'S erm tackle post match and Hinchcliffe saying he was lucky not to get red...I dont see it...both slid in to the tackle..and lets face it if he caught the Palace player that badly he wouldn't be walking after :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To think , that a week ago I was on my way to the Amex a nervous wreck. WOW [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Yup - what a week. Absolutely huge 6 points. Could almost finish the job this month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here